Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2018

Bronn Stone

36 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I'm on a 3-game losing streak.  Ouch!

The last one was a tough one - #3 overall score for the week but lost to the #2.  A good score with Gurley on bye, but not good enough.

Just now, Bronn Stone said:

The last one was a tough one - #3 overall score for the week but lost to the #2.  A good score with Gurley on bye, but not good enough.

Yep...and it's all about the always tough North division.  Three in-division wins to start the season and three in-division losses to basically end the season.  Check out the North's in-division record vs. the other divisions'.  I did get one lucky win in week 3 with a low score but there were several other weeks where I put up good scores...but lost anyway.  Ah well.  There's a reason we still play the games, right?:D  

• 3 weeks later...

That one hurt.   Five point loss with a boatload of points on the bench.  Hard way to leave Experts, but Congrats Jaime!

I went back and forth between all three QB all week and ended up on the one who scored lowest.  Of Allen/Foles/Heinicke only one would have won for me.
I also went back and forth at WR between Hogan/DaeSean/Humphries and picked not only the one who got skunked, but either of the other two are winners.  I blame Josh Gordon for giving me a choice I wouldn't have had otherwise.
Lastly, I did have Dallas DT in the lineup briefly before falling back to the Colts.  But I felt strongly I'd made the right choice there.  oops.

Chris Carson over Nick Chubb/Melvin Gordon I admit I never considered.

7 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

That one hurt.   Five point loss with a boatload of points on the bench.  Hard way to leave Experts, but Congrats Jaime!

I went back and forth between all three QB all week and ended up on the one who scored lowest.  Of Allen/Foles/Heinicke only one would have won for me.
I also went back and forth at WR between Hogan/DaeSean/Humphries and picked not only the one who got skunked, but either of the other two are winners.  I blame Josh Gordon for giving me a choice I wouldn't have had otherwise.
Lastly, I did have Dallas DT in the lineup briefly before falling back to the Colts.  But I felt strongly I'd made the right choice there.  oops.

Chris Carson over Nick Chubb/Melvin Gordon I admit I never considered.

Thanks man. Didn't realize you had all those tough calls to make. That is pretty brutal. I too started Hogan in Experts and felt good about it; did not see the 0 coming. My one call was Zay Jones vs. John Ross and I chose wrong but looks like it only would've mattered if you went Hamilton/Humphries over Hogan. Foles obviously woulda been a clear league winner but woulda never advised starting him.

Just glad Kamara carried the day. Turned out it was going to be down to the kickers by MNF/SNF and I wanted a margin considering Butker's been so good. And turned out that 2nd Kamara saved me.

Sorry to (again) be the nail in the coffin of Experts this year but I have a feeling you're going to be back very shortly. 

• 7 months later...

Archived