Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2018

Bronn Stone

I don't think there's any way we're getting 16 teams without half the league being zombie teams that autodraft just from having been rolled over from last year. Don't think there's any way we can get a real league at this point with the number of owners that would need to be rustled up. I say we give up on the league for this year and then revisit for next. 

And Bronn, I would say if you don't have time in August to get this league off and running due to busyness, I would say give up the commissionership to someone who has more time. 

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I don't think there's any way we're getting 16 teams without half the league being zombie teams that autodraft just from having been rolled over from last year. Don't think there's any way we can get a real league at this point with the number of owners that would need to be rustled up. I say we give up on the league for this year and then revisit for next. 

And Bronn, I would say if you don't have time in August to get this league off and running due to busyness, I would say give up the commissionership to someone who has more time. 

Agreed 100%.  It is not the case that Augusts are in general busy for me, but has been coincidentally the last two years.  I hereby offer the Commisionership for next year to whomsoever wants it.

17 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Agreed 100%.  It is not the case that Augusts are in general busy for me, but has been coincidentally the last two years.  I hereby offer the Commisionership for next year to whomsoever wants it.

I’d like to put forward something I suggested last year. Combine Thunderdome and Survivor. I’d be happy to run it, and I could even get it going this year in less than a week if people are down for it.

@Tywin et al.@Jaxom 1974@Prince of the North@Jace, Basilissa@Bronn Stone@Dunknegg@JJ Lannister@Jaime L

If Thunderdome doesn't happen this year, would you want to do one of our normal 10 team expanded roster leagues.  Could draft Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night, or sometime Saturday.

If not, no problem.  Just seems more realistic than getting 16 people for this.

55 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

@Tywin et al.@Jaxom 1974@Prince of the North@Jace, Basilissa@Bronn Stone@Dunknegg@JJ Lannister@Jaime L

If Thunderdome doesn't happen this year, would you want to do one of our normal 10 team expanded roster leagues.  Could draft Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night, or sometime Saturday.

If not, no problem.  Just seems more realistic than getting 16 people for this.

For me personally, I just can't get myself excited about another normal league. Especially one starting after the start of the NFL season. 

Just held on hope for T-Dome for awhile because it's unlike any other league I do and appreciate it for its distinct weirdness. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’d like to put forward something I suggested last year. Combine Thunderdome and Survivor. I’d be happy to run it, and I could even get it going this year in less than a week if people are down for it.

Not sure how this would work? 

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

For me personally, I just can't get myself excited about another normal league. Especially one starting after the start of the NFL season. 

Just held on hope for T-Dome for awhile because it's unlike any other league I do and appreciate it for its distinct weirdness. 

Not sure how this would work? 

You sound like a junkie, but I agree, I can’t really get up for a fifth extended league.

Anyways, you’d just take the players from both leagues, up until we get to 16 active players, and then just run a knock out league. You don’t have to come in first, but you can’t be last. Seems like a more faithful take on the Thunderdome concept.

20 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm also curious about this. 

I thought you were averse to FF.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Anyways, you’d just take the players from both leagues, up until we get to 16 active players, and then just run a knock out league. You don’t have to come in first, but you can’t be last. Seems like a more faithful take on the Thunderdome concept.

Oh right, we used to do a league like this. We called it.....Survivor. :P 

It used to be a 16 team survivor. Not sure if more recent iterations have had less teams. 

37 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought you were averse to FF.

I am.  I would be interested in just a straight survivor pick em league or some variation therein.  However, if there's a fantasy element, then it's safe to assume I'm not interested. 

33 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Oh right, we used to do a league like this. We called it.....Survivor. :P 

It used to be a 16 team survivor. Not sure if more recent iterations have had less teams. 

Heathen! Do you not read?

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

ETA:

You’re as useful as a John Bolton mustache ride right about now.

12 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I am.  I would be interested in just a straight survivor pick em league or some variation therein.  However, if there's a fantasy element, then it's safe to assume I'm not interested. 

Interesting. Is that why you didn’t resign for standard Pick’em? I’d be down for a suicide league if we could get one running.  

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Heathen! Do you not read?

ETA:

You’re as useful as a John Bolton mustache ride right about now.

You made it sound like a new concept which is how you even got Maith down here from the NFL thread. But you just want to take the T-Dome people and run a survivor league which....hard pass for me anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Interesting. Is that why you didn’t resign for standard Pick’em? I’d be down for a suicide league if we could get one running.  

I didn't do standard pick em because I'd done it a couple of times before and generally lost interest.  I don't think that would be the case in a survivor league. 

17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You made it sound like a new concept which is how you even got Maith down here from the NFL thread. But you just want to take the T-Dome people and run a survivor league which....hard pass for me anyway. 

Honestly I was just thinking that because both leagues were fairly large last year (Survivor had 13 or 14 players), we could combine them and get something running this year. A knockout league also has the upside of removing inactive owners. Just a thought considering I had a blast with it last year (dominate the first 12 weeks  before a Gurley bye and Brees sucking knocked me out).

23 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I didn't do standard pick em because I'd done it a couple of times before and generally lost interest.  I don't think that would be the case in a survivor league. 

Fair enough. I assume you’re looking for the type of league where you can only pick each team once and if you lose, you’re out?

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Fair enough. I assume you’re looking for the type of league where you can only pick each team once and if you lose, you’re out?

I would do that, although if you have something more creative I'd listen.

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I would do that, although if you have something more creative I'd listen.

I'd be down for something like that if you want to get something started. It's really just a two minute commitment each week. 

Archived