What will happen to Gilly's son?

The whole reason Jon swapped the babies is so that Mance's son would be safe from Melisandre's flames, but why would little Aemon Steelsong's blood be anything special? I understand how Targaryen blood could have special properties, but Mance is just a normal man who named himself King. If Bowen Marsh suddenly named himself King would his blood have special properties too? xD

Assuming he's alive when/if the Others arrive at Castle Black, it's very possible his cold kin might recognise him.

It might be worth pondering the specifics of Craster's deal with the Others, and how they might affect Monster - would Craster somehow notify the White Walkers when one of his wives fell pregnant? No reason to assume the Others wouldn't want to keep track of their next wave of "family" coming forward, which makes me think they might see young Monster as a piece of "missing stock" - an item promised for delivery, which didn't turn up at the last shipment. 

What might the Others make of the events of the Mutiny at Craster's Keep? I'm sure they won't be particularly happy that their "battery farm" has been destroyed. While we don't know for sure what happened to all of Craster's wives, we do know that several were badly mistreated by the mutineers, and it's likely a few have died. All of this must mess with the Cold Shadows' plans. 

With the white raven arriving and the likes of Mel, Bloodraven, and even Jeor-to-some-extent, all fretting about an impending darkness, one might think the Others would want every new child Craster could give them - for one to be born, then "stolen" by a member of the Watch, who are of course, the Walkers' historical enemies, might have caused great offence.

Archived