Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

Need to figure out draft date.  Here are our options.

Saturday Aug 18
Sunday Aug 19
Monday Aug 20
Tuesday Aug 21
Wednesday Aug 22
Thursday Aug 23
Friday Aug 24
Saturday Aug 25 (during the day)
Sunday Aug 26
Tuesday Aug 28
Thursday Aug 30
Friday Aug 31
Saturday Sept 1
Sunday Sept 2
Monday Sept 3

Please post here with a list of the dates that you definitely cannot draft.  You can also list your preferences for a draft date, but the more important thing is to cross off the dates where you can't make it. 

Based on other leagues, I already know the following:
POTN - No Sept 4 or 5
Tywin - No Aug 29
Jace - all dates are okay

Need to hear from Mudguard, Mcbigski, Pyro, aceluby, and ME.

Right now, I have no conflicts with any of those dates, I have drafts on the 27th and Sep 5.  Haven't nailed down my third draft date, it should be either the 2nd or 26th.  I think in the past we've had people have a tough time scheduling during Labor Day weekend, so right now, I'd say let's shoot for Aug 30th.

13 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Can I be the last?  For drafts, nothing before the end of WorldCon (Monday 20 AUG) and no Tuesdays.

Like I said in the baseball thread, I'd rather not play in leagues together moving forward.  Other than Experts, I guess, since there's no choice.

Not looking for drama - would prefer to just leave it at that and move on.

Invites to join have been sent to the 7 people who were in this league last year (Jace, Tywin, Mudguard, Mcbigski, Brian, Pyro, ME).  Also sent one to POTN.

Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

@aceluby - Can you PM me your email address?  Need it to send you an invite as well.

I have tickets to the UConn football home opener on Thursday the 30th.  So as it turns out, the Tuesday would be a lot better.  If it's at 10pm eastern though, I can just tailgate and skip the game, if we can't work anything else out.

Okay, draft will be on Tuesday, August 28 at 10 pm eastern / 7 pacific.

Will be strange for those of us in W-A, since its basically the same league format with a few of the same people, and W-A is only one day earlier.  But seems like its the best option for the group, so we'll go with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Having anticipated being in court in Rhode Island tomorrow, (though the case was continued), I booked a sky suite at Mohegun Sun.  Got my draft room all set up, though the desk leaves a bit to be desired size wise and the chair is fit for a man of lesser stature.

Just crossing my fingers that my laptop works for the draft, as the work filter thingy trips up on certain pages of yahoo fantasy.

Going to quit playing poker around 9, head to the VIP lounge and grab a couple of Glenlivet 18s, then return to my suite where I have an emergency supply of Macallan 12.

My goal is to spend at least 90% of my budget this year. 

Archived