Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

Having anticipated being in court in Rhode Island tomorrow, (though the case was continued), I booked a sky suite at Mohegun Sun.  Got my draft room all set up, though the desk leaves a bit to be desired size wise and the chair is fit for a man of lesser stature.

Just crossing my fingers that my laptop works for the draft, as the work filter thingy trips up on certain pages of yahoo fantasy.

Going to quit playing poker around 9, head to the VIP lounge and grab a couple of Glenlivet 18s, then return to my suite where I have an emergency supply of Macallan 12.

My goal is to spend at least 90% of my budget this year. 

Wait, you're a lawyer? 

4 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Having anticipated being in court in Rhode Island tomorrow, (though the case was continued), I booked a sky suite at Mohegun Sun.  Got my draft room all set up, though the desk leaves a bit to be desired size wise and the chair is fit for a man of lesser stature.

Just crossing my fingers that my laptop works for the draft, as the work filter thingy trips up on certain pages of yahoo fantasy.

Going to quit playing poker around 9, head to the VIP lounge and grab a couple of Glenlivet 18s, then return to my suite where I have an emergency supply of Macallan 12.

My goal is to spend at least 90% of my budget this year. 

Dayum!  Makes me wish I knew anything about whiskey, etc. (I know a fair amount about beer).  Good luck with the computer and wifi:cheers:

6 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yep.  But you may need to reload the page at that time.

got it, doesn't allow you to launch the app util 30 min.  ESPN it's an hour. 

Good luck everyone!

Feel pretty good about that one.  Prices were all over the place.

The Qarth Warlocks :

QB - Andrew Luck (7)
QB - Carson Wentz (16)
WR - Stefon Diggs (21)
WR - Amari Cooper (15)
WR - Mike Evans (24)
WR - Josh Gordon (13)
RB - Devonta Freeman (23)
RB - Dalvin Cook (28)
RB - Mark Ingram (12)
TE - Kyle Rudolph (3)
K - Justin Tucker (1)
DEF - Carolina (1)

BN - Case Keenum (6)
BN - Teddy Bridgewater (1)
BN - Allen Robinson (8)
BN - Dez Bryant (1)
BN - Chris Godwin (2)
BN - Sterling Shepard (1)
BN - Peyton Barber (3)
BN - Jamaal Williams (8)
BN - Sony Michel (5)
BN - Nick Chubb (1)

Think that went really well.

QB - B.Roethlisberger, J.Goff (A.Dalton)
RB - A.Kamara, S.Barkley, L.Fournette (C.Carson, A.Jones, J.Wilkins, Jon.Williams, J.Conner)
WR - D.Adams, C.Hogan, E.Sanders, K.Cole (R.Cobb, M.Gallup, J.Brown)
TE - T.Burton (O.Howard)
K - C.Boswell
DEF - Baltimore

My RB situation is insane.  And happy with what I was able to do at WR, even after getting 3 top 10 RB.  Biggest weakness is QB2, but I'm okay with a Goff/Dalton platoon there.  Wouldn't mind an upgrade, but not really necessary.

Did think it was pretty strange how the tier 3 QB other than Ben basically all went for the same (or close to it) as most of the tier 2 QB.  Pretty sure it was a product of timing and desperation. 

After Cam, Wentz and Brees all got drafted at solid deals, it seemed like a bunch of us realized we were in trouble at QB, and then rushed to spend on the next group for almost the same amount.

4 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Did think it was pretty strange how the tier 3 QB other than Ben basically all went for the same (or close to it) as most of the tier 2 QB.  Pretty sure it was a product of timing and desperation. 

After Cam, Wentz and Brees all got drafted at solid deals, it seemed like a bunch of us realized we were in trouble at QB, and then rushed to spend on the next group for almost the same amount.

Yeah you always wanna try to lock down your two starters before the panic sets in and everyone goes crazy for the shitty QBs.  Then you can just bargain hunt for QB3 and snipe when an opportunity presents itself.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Yeah you always wanna try to lock down your two starters before the panic sets in and everyone goes crazy for the shitty QBs.  Then you can just bargain hunt for QB3 and snipe when an opportunity presents itself.

Its interesting, because every draft is a bit different.  In Westeros A last night, wasn't like that at all.  The tier 2 QBs all went for about what I expected or even higher in some cases, and then the tier 3 QBs were all expected value or nice bargains.

I got Brady in that one, and was pretty happy with the price.  And then got Ben at a discount.  Left the draft liking my team, but thinking the move for this one was to try for 2 bargains.  But didn't work out.  I think largely because ME and Pyro were the 2 other guys who both needed to draft both their QBs, and they were also the guys with the most money.  I knew as soon as I saw the situation that ME would get Jimmy G, and that a few of the others would go for more than I could afford.

I've got Goff as a solid QB2, so not a disaster.  Just not necessarily the guy I wanted in a perfect world.

I don't love my team, but it's OK.

5 QBs might be a touch excessive, but it's not like you can stream in this league.

Also wasn't planning on drafting 3 TEs but was looking for Reed and a backup, so not super crazy since I think I only spent 4$.

Haven't actually looked at all the rosters, but Miller, Kerryon and Penny ought to be among the strongest RB3 and two bench players.  And Gordon and Howard are playing every healthy week.  So that's nice.

And I have about 5 WR3 so we'll see.

Yahoo gave me a fake medal for participating in my first live draft, so I have that going for me.

Only finished with about $9 this year so feel a little better about overpaying for Tommy Tongues his Kids.

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

First time drafting in a 2QB format, so I think I made a mistake there.  Other than that feel really solid besides stupidly overspending on a WR.  Should be a fun season!

I was trying to get your attention man. You can't blow so much money ten minutes into a draft that has 22 slots. 

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I was trying to get your attention man. You can't blow so much money ten minutes into a draft that has 22 slots. 

meh, I've got 2 top 5 RBs, just overspent on the WR.  QB situation is dire though, since some took like 5 starters....

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

meh, I've got 2 top 5 RBs, just overspent on the WR.  QB situation is dire though, since some took like 5 starters....

Don't worry Ace, McBigski's QB Emporium has made you a friendly offer.

For that matter, if anyone else needs a QB, I'd like an upgrade at WR. 

3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Don't worry Ace, McBigski's QB Emporium has made you a friendly offer.

For that matter, if anyone else needs a QB, I'd like an upgrade at WR. 

Solid trade.  My WR corps isn't good either, but damn if I wasn't just totally screwed at QB

He accepted it 9 minutes before I logged in to pull it off the table.  I knew Baldwin was banged up already, but I had just heard some quotes from him about them and it sounded like he's really trying to lower expectations for this season. Still, Smith was expendable and 80% of Baldwin will still be useful to me.

Archived