Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

30 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Doubt it.  I messed up in starting Dalton over Goff.  Probably cost me the game.

Yeah, Goff was just nuts!  But that Cincy-Atlanta game looked like a potential shoot-out and it was.  I benched Brady for Dalton in one league and for Ryan in another and was right to do so in both cases (although Brady had a decent week, too).  

I screwed up in doubting Ridley would continue his TD tear this week...and don't even get me started on Wilson:rolleyes:    

On 10/4/2018 at 10:41 PM, Mudguard said:

Trade between PyroclasticFlow and I.  Pyro gets Evan Engram and I get Isaiah Crowell.  I wanted some more depth at RB, and Pyro could use Engram as backup to Olsen, who might be out for a while with a broken foot.

Engram is out too... seems like a poor choice for a backup? 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:32 PM, IamMe90 said:

Engram is out too... seems like a poor choice for a backup? 

Engram is practicing again this week and might be back for their Thursday night game.  If not this week, then he'll be back next week.

Olsen needs surgery for his broken foot and is hoping that he can put it off until after the season.  It's the same foot he broke last year.  I think there's a high chance that he doesn't make it through the season.  So much stress is put on the feet that I don't see how he can play on a foot that still needs surgery without reinjuring it.  He might be back this week too, so we'll see if he can play through it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

@Whiskeyjack how many points are you gonna put up against me this week? Stafford laid an egg Thurs and I don't believe I will win a week at all this year. Fucking brutal. Also, everybody send me your best offers for McCaffrey 

Probably not many.  A lot of my players disappointed on Thanksgiving.  This could be your first win.

Also, unfortunately you aren't allowed to trade anymore, because you've been eliminated from the playoffs.  Sorry man. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Does starting Derek Henry for 13 straight weeks make me a genius? 

It does this week!  They say doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity.  Except...what about those times when there actually are different results?;)

17 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Blood feud.

The gods demand it.

It's not over in C yet.  My team has been playing pretty well lately, so even though I'm in a big hole right now, there's still a chance.  Lot of football to be played this week.

4 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

It's not over in C yet.  My team has been playing pretty well lately, so even though I'm in a big hole right now, there's still a chance.  Lot of football to be played this week.

Yeah, agreed.  Way too early, and you have the better team overall.

51 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

I can't believe what happened last night.  You might knock me out of both leagues this year.

I want you to understand that you had and still have conducted a dignified and tactically capable campaign in all leagues in which we have quarreled. I understand that your heart is likely quite fatigued. I just want you to have those last two sentences to look to for solace, as I mercilessly eviscerate your memory below. The mob demands blood you see, and my own power base is far too tenuously held to contemplate denying them their due.

8 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The position of blood rival to Jacelyn is not one that @Tywin et al. will yield easily.  He has invested a lot over the years in making himself just that.

Can't have a blood feud when you spill every drop to dry in the sand.

Be sure, people of Westeros Fantasy Football. Be sure that the rightful and divine Basilissa has returned. Though her once unstoppable legions, the Bolton Bitches, the Griffin's Roosters, and Duskendale Dames have sustained endless defeats the tide now turns. A great and ordained pair of victories over the Mudgard have utterly crushed the infidel. For the first time in eight weeks the forces of the Basilissa stand free, unmolested by the hordes of unclean barbarians seeking to depose her.

The pages of history will reflect that the Mudgard has been irrevocably broken by the righteous will of Jace. A week after Corey Clement exiled him from the ranks of Experts after a pitched battle, the heathen sought to give battle again only for Derek Henry to smash through his flank before the battle had even truly begun. Not since Belisarius slaughtered the Vandals has a people been so decisively removed from the world stage. These twin victories mark a resurgence of Imperial fortunes.

You may call me Augusta.

Archived