Jump to content
Whiskeyjack

Westeros Football League C

Recommended Posts

Forgot to post my team:

QBs: Rodgers, Mariota (Manning, Mayfield, Foles)

RBs: McKinnon, Thompson, Mixon (Breida, Powell, Riddick)

WRs: OBJ, Jones, Hilton, Bryant (Jeffery, Parker, T. Williams, Marshall)

TEs: Njoku

K: Bailey

D: Rams

 

Like the team a lot, but it's way too loaded at WR. If anyone is heavy at RB and weak at WR, we should talk. 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:02 AM, aceluby said:

meh, I've got 2 top 5 RBs, just overspent on the WR.  QB situation is dire though, since some took like 5 starters....

I was trying to tell you to take more. That was the mistake I made in my first year. I didn't realize until I looked at your roster just how bad your QB situation is. If I were you, I'd look at the FAs. There are a few there you might find useful, at least to start the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB's- Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, (Drew Breesus,)

WR's- Tyreek 'beat dat bitch' Hill, Brandon 'Rotisserie' Cooks, Jarvis 'Winning Culture' Landry, Jamison 'Clam' Chowder, (Devin Funchess, Phillipi Dorsette, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, Donte Moncrief, Mike Crabtree)

RB's- Kenyon Drake, Derrick Henry, Carlos Hyde (Devantae Booker, C.J. Anderson)

TE- Travis Kelce (Eric Ebron)

K- Stephen Gostkowski

DEF- Cincy

 

I have the best team in the league, as you will all learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough day for Tywin.  Down three starters already.  Granted one of them was a kicker, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB - Stafford, Darnold, (Tannehill, Rosen)

WR - Allen, Watkins, Kupp, Matthews (Garcon, Westbrook, Sutton)

RB - McCaffrey, Ajayi, Collins (Crowell, Cohen, Clement, Ekeler)

TE - Olsen (Gesicki)

K - Gould

D/ST - LA Chargers

Weekest position is signal caller, will listen to anyone who wants to make an offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jameis Winston (Sam Bradford, Josh Allen)
WR: Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, John Ross (Danny Amendola, Anthony Miller, Mohamed Sanu, Geronimo Allison)
RB: Kareem Hunt, LeSean McCoy, Rex Burkhead (Dion Lewis, Doug Martin)
TE: Zach Ertz (Evan Engram)
K: Harrison Butker
DEF: Philadelphia, Detroit

Accidentally bid on two TEs because I thought we needed to field two tight ends.  Also shouldn't have spent so much money on my top two WRs.  My WR3 and WR4 are pretty weak.  Hope one or two of the bunch of WRs I picked up pan out.  Not crazy about my team, but I think I'll be OK.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tywin and I have a trade.

Tywin gets Leonard Fournette + Randall Cobb
I get Joe Mixon + Odell Beckham

He was looking to upgrade at RB and balance his team out after the McKinnon injury.  I was pretty happy with my team, but was kind of interested in going from 3 elite RB + 1 elite WR to a more even split between the positions.  I'm heavily invested in Fournette in Experts + W-A, so hoping that this works out for both of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Tywin and I have a trade.

Tywin gets Leonard Fournette + Randall Cobb
I get Joe Mixon + Odell Beckham

He was looking to upgrade at RB and balance his team out after the McKinnon injury.  I was pretty happy with my team, but was kind of interested in going from 3 elite RB + 1 elite WR to a more even split between the positions.  I'm heavily invested in Fournette in Experts + W-A, so hoping that this works out for both of us.

Julio had 19 targets last night. Glad I fought to keep him.

He’ll be on IR by week 6…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Julio had 19 targets last night. Glad I fought to keep him.

He’ll be on IR by week 6…..

Yeah, was tough to watch that knowing he could have been in my lineup.  And knowing that OBJ will probably start slow against Jacksonville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Julio had 19 targets last night. Glad I fought to keep him.

He’ll be on IR by week 6…..

Yeah, Julio had a great game and really should have had even more yards (because, of course, that was a catch).

And, yes, those DBs certainly looked like they were always trying to put a little extra mustard on him, even when going out of bounds.  So...you're probably right about the IR by week 6:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Yeah, was tough to watch that knowing he could have been in my lineup.  And knowing that OBJ will probably start slow against Jacksonville.

It probably will be a slow start for your two Giants starters, but after that you’ll be fine and you’re a heavy favorite this week anyways.

The split between OBJ and Julio is this: You always know Julio will get a ton of yards, but OBJ scores TDs in bunches. I was surprised during the game to hear the obscure stat that Julio set a record last year for most yards by a WR that scored three or fewer TDs.

Reminds me of the crazy year that Keyshawn Johnson had: 106 catches, 1266 yards, but only one TD.

45 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, Julio had a great game and really should have had even more yards (because, of course, that was a catch).

And, yes, those DBs certainly looked like they were always trying to put a little extra mustard on him, even when going out of bounds.  So...you're probably right about the IR by week 6:(

There was one play where the announcers said if this was football in 1998, he would have left the field on a stretcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

There was one play where the announcers said if this was football in 1998, he would have left the field on a stretcher.

Hmm...I missed that comment (must have been sleeping by that time).  So, the announcers thought the DBs were taking it easy on Jones?  Or, at least on that play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Hmm...I missed that comment (must have been sleeping by that time).  So, the announcers thought the DBs were taking it easy on Jones?  Or, at least on that play?

Not exactly. Ryan threw an awful pass over the middle that led him into two DBs. Both could have knocked his head off, and in the old days they would have and it would have been one of those highlight hits that everyone cheered for. Instead the kind of hit him softly in the midsection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, well, it just seemed to me that there was a bit of extracurricular "stuff" going on with Jones early on in the game but that could just be me.  And it's certainly true that WRs can't be de-cleated coming across the middle like they used to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I m benching Brady week 2 in a 2 qb league and i think its the right call.  Tyrod and rivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 2:47 PM, mcbigski said:

I m benching Brady week 2 in a 2 qb league and i think its the right call.  Tyrod and rivers.

You were half right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That only cost me 4 pts and possibly a win.  I need about 50yds and a TD from Jordan Howard and I should at least win in 2 leagues this week.

But it was entirely the wrong call, since I left 40pts and Blake Bortles on my bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

That only cost me 4 pts and possibly a win.  I need about 50yds and a TD from Jordan Howard and I should at least win in 2 leagues this week.

But it was entirely the wrong call, since I left 40pts and Blake Bortles on my bench.

Leaving Blake Bortles on the bench will be the right decision often enough to where you forgive the exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did another trade. 

I get Michael Thomas + Latavius Murray
Ace gets James Conner + John Brown

He has Bell, and was looking to secure the Pittsburgh RB situation.  For me....mainly just trying to upgrade my lineup.

Feel like I now have crazy WR depth with OBJ, Thomas, Adams, Sanders, Hogan, Enunwa, Cole, and Pettis.  Would be willing to move one of Sanders, Hogan, Enunwa, or Cole for an upgrade at QB or RB if anybody is interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×