Wiki Account

Michael Snyder

32 minutes ago, Michael Snyder said:

I have tried three time to generate a login and password for access to this Wiki. I would very much like to post an article on the population of Westeros based on the information in the TV show and GRRM comments in relation to the population of Europe at the end of the High Middle Ages.

You'll want to request here: https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/forum/121-wiki-account-registration/

Bear in mind that it's primarily a wiki for the novels, not the TV show.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michael Snyder said:

I have tried three time to generate a login and password for access to this Wiki. I would very much like to post an article on the population of Westeros based on the information in the TV show and GRRM comments in relation to the population of Europe at the end of the High Middle Ages.

19 hours ago, Michael Snyder said:

I understand. I used the series to fill in some of the blanks as far as the size of Westeros and some aspects of the weather and terrain. The maps prepared by various sites have been especially helpful. Mostly it's just trying to make sense of the information we have.

While GRRM's comments can be combined with the info from the books, info from the show cannot, as the latter differs from the books wherever the creators feel it necessary (including such things as size of lands or population). For example, while King's Landing has a population of half a million in the books, the show states the population is a million.

Information on the terrains from fan-made maps is never used. Only from the official maps, found in the books or The Lands of Ice and Fire. Or, of course, the descriptions in text or SSM's :)

Information from the series, imo, can only be used in a small subsection on the page, dedicated to the differences between the books and the show with regards to the topic of the page. If there is enough information to create such a subsection, that is.

Archived