Fevre Dream Fancast

Lady Joy Hill

As most of us know (I hope), George R.R. Martin has also writen other books than ASOIAF. One of those books is Fevre Dream, an excellent vampire tale that I've recently read. Not to get into spoilers, but the book was dark, full of suspense and amazing characters, and truly refreshing. Good to know more writers that made justice to vampire fiction.

Anyway... this is my ultimate fancast for the book! I'd like to hear what you think, if you've also read the book, as well as your own suggestions.

1. Abner Marsh - Mark Addy

Described as really fat, black-haired and dark-eyed. Now, I actually had a different character in mind, but I can't remember that actor's name, and then Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon came to my mind. He might not look exactly like described in the book in every detail, but he definitely can pull off the part, considering the fact that GOT Robert Baratheon basically treats exactly like Captain Marsh (excluding the drinking problem).

0B7A8BC900000578-3028344-image-a-21_1428

2. Joshua York - Chris Evans

Described as tall, broad and muscular, really blonde, grey-eyed, exceptionally handsome. He looks like a 30-35 year old man. He's well educated, clever, noble, and always does his duty. In my opinion, there is noone better than Chris Evans for the part.

89c3ec52ff0d62d24b285b2c6f33caa9--robert

3. Damon Julian - Aidan Turner

Dark curly hair, with black, captivating eyes, tall and slender, and majestically handsome, with a deep, alluring voice. Yep. Noone better than Aidan Turner.

poldark-t.jpg240e5c91a36beacbd1a61595323f9927.jpg[/img]

240e5c91a36beacbd1a61595323f9927.jpg

4. Sour Billy Timpton - Tobias Mezies

Edmure Tully, ladies and gentlemen. Do I need to say more? He's just perfect for the part.

gallery-1464701825-edmure-tully-game-of-

5. Valerie Merseau - Nataly Dormer

An insanely beautiful woman, with black hair and violet eyes.

74249fec725a09ae204626f42546f94a.jpg

6. Jonathan Jeffers - Tom Hiddleston

Tall and slender, graceful dandy with a pair of gold glasses. Gotta love Tom Hiddleston.

tom-hiddleston-as-eugene-lvov-in-ivanov-

7. Cynthia - Keira Knightley

A female vampire, thin and pretty, with brown eyes. I believe Keira Knightley would do just fine.

elizabeth-swann.jpg

8. Simon - Tom Felton

Simon is described as a ghastly and ghostly figure. His hair are black, but this could easily be arranged. Once I've read his description, Tom Felton came instantly on my mind.

f221d989f8c7ce2efd7b920d8ec9fd12--britis

9. Kathreen - Sigourney Weaver

A tall and old-looking vampire, with the appearence of a noble, probably english lady, that could spread horror with a simple look if she wanted. Yep. Beloved Weaver would be perfect.

kozlowski_defenders_weaver.jpg

10. Raymond Ortega - Kit Harrigton

A dark-haired and dark-eyed, handsome young vampire. Need I say more?

6bbc4b4971a370367ce2586ba1ba697b--kit-ha

Clearly, I didn't cast all of the book characters, like most members of the crew. For now, I mostly focused on the main characters and the vampires.

Sooo? What do you guys think about these choises? And if you don't like them, would you cast?

Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel on the show) bonded with George over his love of the novel and American football, and I've had the sense George and Parris both favored him as a possibility to play Abner Marsh.

That said, that's a very British fan casting, isn't it? 8 of 10 of the roles. Poor American actors. :( 

10 minutes ago, Ran said:

That said, that's a very British fan casting, isn't it? 8 of 10 of the roles. Poor American actors. :( 

Haha, I hadn't noticed to be honest, ethnicity isn't something I think about when I fancast, unless it's important for the character. I just think about their acting skills and style and their appearence. That said, all of the vampires in the book are Europian to begin with, so I'd say it's quite fitting, actually. Plus there are many characters I didn't fancast yet.

I didn't know about Donachie! He'd also make a good Captain Marsh.

I was mostly thinking Sour Billy Tipton, to be honest. For an American Abner Marsh... John Goodman? Maybe a bit long in the tooth these days. And Billy, well, Walter Goggins is almost typecast as the Southern sleaze these days...

About Marsh... the actor I was originally thinking about, I'm like 90% sure he's american, but I seriously can't remember anything else but his physical appearence, not even a movie he was in! He's a large man with black hair and eyes, and I'm pretty sure he also played a Captain in some movie...

You know who else would make a great Billy? Steven Ogg, Simon from Walking Dead.

43 minutes ago, Ran said:

Ron Donachie (Rodrik Cassel on the show) bonded with George over his love of the novel and American football, and I've had the sense George and Parris both favored him as a possibility to play Abner Marsh.

I've heard that as well (the context was he took the Ser Rodrik role partly because he liked FD so much).  I've always wondered if he'd be a big enough name to cast in a lead role though, especially if it were a film adaptation. 

I remember on my first read Julian gave me Jason Isaac vibes. Though that may be a bit typecasting. 

10 minutes ago, Lady Joy Hill said:

About Marsh... the actor I was originally thinking about, I'm like 90% sure he's american, but I seriously can't remember anything else but his physical appearence, not even a movie he was in! He's a large man with black hair and eyes, and I'm pretty sure he also played a Captain in some movie...

James Gandolfini? Played a military man in a couple of films. Alas, he passed away a few years ago.

Archived