Jaime's Man?

Ser Leftwich

“It fell to me to hold the Red Keep, but I knew we were lost. I sent to Aerys asking his leave to make terms. My man came back with a royal command. ‘Bring me your father’s head, if you are no traitor.’ -ASoS - Jaime 5 -

Who was Jaime's man? Just a general servant? A page or squire? There is almost no talk ever of who are acting as squires for the Kingsguard, but it should be a massively prestigious position.

Thought?

2 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

“It fell to me to hold the Red Keep, but I knew we were lost. I sent to Aerys asking his leave to make terms. My man came back with a royal command. ‘Bring me your father’s head, if you are no traitor.’ -ASoS - Jaime 5 -

Who was Jaime's man? Just a general servant? A page or squire? There is almost no talk ever of who are acting as squires for the Kingsguard, but it should be a massively prestigious position.

Thought?

Probably some steward attached to the royal household but assigned to Jaime

20 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

Thought?

A page.  One of the birds.   Aerys was going to die even if they had agreed to terms.  Robert could not start his take over with Aerys still alive.  

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Ser Leftwich said:

Thought?

Alester Thorne .

Probably a knight in service to House Targaryen at the Red Keep. Jaime was organizing the castle's defenses, and he would have relied on knights and men-at-arms to do so. Surely he would have sent a knight rather than a man-at-arms to communicate with the king. 

Archived