The Meereenese Knot started at the Tower of Joy in 2005

The Map Guy

4 minutes ago, Unacosamedarisa said:

There weren't any Direwolves near Winterfell either... until there were. 6 of them, newborns, 4 male, 2 female, to match the 6 Starks of the current generation, of which there's 4 males and 2 females. 

I guess the quicker answer is that you won't find any type of wolves in the swamp

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It doesn't matter. The point is, all Stark-blooded kids of this generation got a gift from the OG - or whatever explanation you subscribe to. And it makes zero sense, narrative-wise, to have a Stark-blooded kid singled out and not getting one. Unless, of course, Martin was planning on doing an asspull, but Martin doesn't do that. So, there.

thank you...i think?

Just now, Unacosamedarisa said:

OK. Could it not have waited at Winterfell for Meera to come collect it? Maybe wait on the other side of the Wall for her to cross over? Wait at Bloodraven's cave? 

........i dunno, maybe she and Bran can share Summer

10 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

You have to put yourself in GRRM's shoes in 2005.

If this was a poker game, Lucas has the very very big chip stack and GRRM has the shortish stack. Lucas can afford to make a mistake, GRRM couldn't...so GRRM folded to Lucas to live another day. Its the year 2018 now, maybe GRRM has the bigger chip stack now.

I don't think Lucas had a "very very big chip stack" in 2005. This was after episode I and II. I member.

2 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

....i dunno, maybe she and Bran can share Summer

That doesn't explain why Meera didn't get a wolf, when ALL of the other Starks of the current generation did get a Direwolf to bond with. What is the reason, in universe and narratively, for Meera not getting a wolf, thus being unique among the Stark children? 

Also, where'd she get the green eyes from? 

Simple explanation is that Meera isn't a Stark, hence she doesn't get a pet Direwolf. And, she's a Crannogman, hence the green eyes (and the other physical features matching the Crannogmen). 

5 minutes ago, Unacosamedarisa said:

That doesn't explain why Meera didn't get a wolf, when ALL of the other Starks of the current generation did get a Direwolf to bond with. What is the reason, in universe and narratively, for Meera not getting a wolf, thus being unique among the Stark children? 

Also, where'd she get the green eyes from? 

Simple explanation is that Meera isn't a Stark, hence she doesn't get a pet Direwolf. And, she's a Crannogman, hence the green eyes (and the other physical features matching the Crannogmen). 

this argument has no inner logic. When the sample is 6 and the 6 share a common ancestor, then this is also true for the sample 5 without Jon.

Thus, with the idea that Meera is not a Stark, because she has no direwolf, we can also come to the conlusion, that Jon is Ned's son, because all other samples are children of Ned. 

Brrrrrrr.

1 minute ago, The Sleeper said:

I blame Martin. He introduced the baby switcheroo Jon performed at the Wall  , to give plausibility to fAegon and now we get this. 

Not even. I blame the 8 years and counting that we've had between books. And we don't even know if he's going to start bringing his plots back together in Winds, if he's finally going to resolve Jon's parentage in that book or not. So after that book is out, we might have another 10 years of twisting in the wind reading tin foil speculation. 

While she a pretty badass character, Meera is so minor. She is there to help advance Bran's story. Bran would never have been able to get to the cave without her. And now that little weirdo is being all creepy with her.

1 minute ago, SirArthur said:

this argument has no inner logic. When the sample is 6 and the 6 share a common ancestor, then this is also true for the sample 5 without Jon.

Thus, with the idea that Meera is not a Stark, because she has no direwolf, we can also come to the conlusion, that Jon is Ned's son, because all other samples are children of Ned. 

Brrrrrrr.

But it's not direwolves for Ned's kids, but rather direwolves for Stark kids. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But it's not direwolves for Ned's kids, but rather direwolves for Stark kids. 

But it is still circle logic. Because "all Stark kids have direwolves" is the start point. I can also start with "all kids of Ned have direwolves" and come to the conslusion that Jon is Ned's son.

The start is completely random without proof over all Stark kids, because we do not know all Stark kids*. Circle logic at its finest. 

* or rather we can not show that there are no more Stark kids. In the case where this is used to proof that someone is not a Stark kid .... you get the logic error I assume. 

2 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

The start is completely random without proof over all Stark kids, because we do not know all Stark kids*. Circle logic at its finest.

If it were the real world, sure. But it's not. It's a book series, with a narrative. Why would Meera, narratively speaking, not have a pet Direwolf, when all of the other Stark children do?

32 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

I don't think Lucas had a "very very big chip stack" in 2005. This was after episode I and II. I member.

Ha! I guess.

But even after losing a few chips, he still has a lot left over from the 1980s.

6 minutes ago, honorable men said:

how we know Meera is not really a Mirror... of ourselves? 

What if Meera was mirror to Jon Snow?

Like Jon Snow climbed the Wall with the Wildlings...and then Meera climbed the Wall in the following chapter.

Archived