The Meereenese Knot started at the Tower of Joy in 2005

The Map Guy

29 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

I blame Martin. He introduced the baby switcheroo Jon performed at the Wall  , to give plausibility to fAegon and now we get this. 

Aegon was in ADWD. And R+L=J&M theory is dead by ADWD.

25 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

Not even. I blame the 8 years and counting that we've had between books. And we don't even know if he's going to start bringing his plots back together in Winds, if he's finally going to resolve Jon's parentage in that book or not. So after that book is out, we might have another 10 years of twisting in the wind reading tin foil speculation. 

While she a pretty badass character, Meera is so minor. She is there to help advance Bran's story. Bran would never have been able to get to the cave without her. And now that little weirdo is being all creepy with her.

Meera is minor, but I felt she had bigger plans if it wasn't for the Meereense Knot. Perhaps if she and Bran showed up to Bloodraven's cave in 2005 AFFC, Bloodraven would reveal the truth about her and Jon. After the knot, I think GRRM decided to make her a minor chaaracter again.

@The Map Guy

Hey dude, an interesting take on things!

While I can't really subscribe to his take just yet, your idea certainly opens up a lot of interesting possibilities - what might Meera and Bloodraven's shared Targaryen/Blackwood blood mean for their future maneuverings?

Or, if Meera really does have Stark Blood, what do you think of her possibly becoming the new Night's Queen?

What do you think the endgame for your theory might be?

57 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Too much science. No offense. Just accept what GRRM gave us so far in TWOIAF.

And what GRRM gave us is a maester's opinion, which, as we see several times, are not always right.

54 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

To be fair, no one was looking for Meera to be a Stark-Targaryen, that's why no one found anything. I personally decided to look for it and found more than expected.

Don't try to make me laugh. Practically every sentence of Ned's PoVs was combed for information with a very fine comb. If there was information pointing to yet another secret, it would be found long ago. You're hardly the first to propose Meera as Jon's twin, you know.

GRRM is already hiding clues for R+L=J and everyone is waiting for it....but he had to hide more for R+L=M because it was to be his big twist

Er, how was everyone waiting for RLJ clues in AGOT, please? Because that's when Jon's true parentage was established. And that's also when we have the PoV of the single character in the know, who also would have known about our hypothetical twin. If you claim that you have quotes, show them in their entirety, but as I stated in my previous post, you will need facts, not symbolic stuff.

It was easier to hide Meera because she had less screen time

Nonsense. The facts that led to figuring RLJ were outside Jon's PoV, and predominantly outside situations relating to Jon in any way. Something like "there is another" could be thrown in any PoV at any time.

23 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

this argument has no inner logic. When the sample is 6 and the 6 share a common ancestor, then this is also true for the sample 5 without Jon.

Thus, with the idea that Meera is not a Stark, because she has no direwolf, we can also come to the conlusion, that Jon is Ned's son, because all other samples are children of Ned. 

Brrrrrrr.

But there are 5 pups together and the sixth is isolated and looks different - at the time it can be interpreted as Jon being a bastard and later on as not being their sibling.

3 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Anyways, my final big clue for R+L=J&M is up on another post....under Rhaegar's Metaphorical Rubies.

So are we now supposed to search the forums for what you have posted and where?! How about, you know, linking the post, or even better, some copy-pasting?

2 minutes ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

@The Map Guy

Hey dude, an interesting take on things!

While I can't really subscribe to his take just yet, your idea certainly opens up a lot of interesting possibilities - what might Meera and Bloodraven's shared Targaryen/Blackwood blood mean for their future maneuverings?

Or, if Meera really does have Stark Blood, what do you think of her possibly becoming the new Night's Queen?

What do you think the endgame for your theory might be?

I'm not sure. My whole point of the post is the theory of Meera being a twin is obsolete by the time we reach ADWD. I don't know what GRRM's intentions for Meera anymore.

1 minute ago, Ygrain said:

So are we now supposed to search the forums for what you have posted and where?! How about, you know, linking the post, or even better, some copy-pasting?

My bad, i'm still new to this forum.

Just now, honorable men said:

When is Howland Reed going to show up to confirm Jon and Meera's true parents?

I don't know. Maybe he never will. He has been hiding during all the modern conflicts in Westeros. The only thing he did so far was to send Meera and Jojen away.

16 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

But there are 5 pups together and the sixth is isolated and looks different - at the time it can be interpreted as Jon being a bastard and later on as not being their sibling.

But ? I see no but. Just assume Ned or Benjen or Brandon has a bastard somewhere. Then both assumptions are wrong. It's not about R+L, it is simply about the fault in the assumption of ALL.

Or even further. If Benjen would have a bastard now, would the bastard get a direwolf ?

10 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

My bad, i'm still new to this forum.

Thanks for the link but sorry, this is exactly the stuff that works only if you have already established a theory in your mind. I mean, did you seriously look at the map and wonder what the directions of the rivers might signify? With RLJ, you come actoss a pice of facts and wonder how it fits in with what we are told. Here? Sorry, I don't buy into this.

2 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

But ? I see no but. Just assume Ned or Benjen or Brandon has a bastard somewhere. Then both assumptions are wrong. It's not about R+L, it is simply about the fault in the assumption of ALL.

Or even further. If Benjen would have a bastard now, would the bastard get a direwolf ?

If they were a warg, they should. - Didn't GRRM say that all the present-generation Starks are warg?

2 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Thanks for the link but sorry, this is exactly the stuff that works only if you have already established a theory in your mind. I mean, did you seriously look at the map and wonder what the directions of the rivers might signify? With RLJ, you come actoss a pice of facts and wonder how it fits in with what we are told. Here? Sorry, I don't buy into this.

It's okay if you don't buy into it. I didn't expect everyone would.

I just figure coincidence after coincidence coincidence after coincidence after coincidence after coincidence after coincidence after coincidence.....it would start looking intentional.

I have a detective kinda mind...i don't believe in coincidences, esp if there are so many of them.

I know some book readers want hard proof, that's fine. I don't have hard proof for R+L=J&M, I just have a ton of coincidences.

But to be fair, R+L=J is not confirmed yet in the books....there is no hard proof for that unless GRRM directly said so.

7 minutes ago, honorable men said:

Just waiting to counter Doran Martell's moves

I hope to be corrected if I'm totally off base, but surely Doran is pretty well out of moves. 

He sent one of his kids to court Dany, and another to court Aegon. Usually when you play roulette you don't bet on red AND black.

Archived