Lord Estermont - 60s

Ser Eldon Estermont - 40s

Ser Aemon Estermont - 20s

Ser Lomas Estermont - 40s

Lord Lester Morrigen - 40s

Lord Gulian Swann - 40s

Ser Donnel Swann - 20s

Ser Jon Wylde - 20s

I removed Ser Gladden Wylde because he was with Beric Dondarion. I added a few more Estermonts.

Hmmm... I don't know the Reachlords very well.

The only thing that catches my attention is Ser Loras Tyrell (nit-picky correction on the spelling there...): despite being, erm, 'highly supportive' of Renly, Loras is third in line for the succession of Highgarden. Thus, if he's anywhere, it'd be in the Reach.

I suggest that we put Ser Loras with the Reach. Should an alliance be formed between Renly and the Reach, then he'd be fighting on Renly's behalf, leading troops into battle for him... and it's possible that Renly would be able to 'bribe' Loras over to his side. That said, I don't think he should be permanently bound with Renly... what would've happened had Renly *fought* Highgarden?

Ser Davos Seaworth - 40s - admiral

Dale Seaworth - 20s - admiral

Allard Seaworth - 20s

Ser Axell Florent - 50s

Lord Alester Florent - 50s

Ser Imry Florent - 30s - admiral

Lord Ardrian Celtigar - 30s

Lord Duram Bar Emmon - 14

Lord Monford Velaryon - 25-35

Aurane Waters - 22 - admiral

Lord Guncer Sunglass - 30s

Ser Andrew Estermont - early 20s

Ser Gerold Gower - 20s

Ser Triston of Tally Hill - 20s

Lord Chyttering - late 30s

Lucos Chyttering - 15

What about Saan and Vargo? Don't see them in your lists. Are we sticking with making them retinue-only? Or perhaps bribable(sp?) rebel generals? Alright Saan is probably harder to implement as he's a pirate but Vargo could fare better as a general IMO. He would have low loyalty and very high dread, so he could be bought by Northmen.

Hi there... I'm new..

anyway... I wanted to say that placing Brienne as one of Renly's generals is not trully consitent with the books... She is a part of his rainbow guard for how long? Two days? And as the books run their course, she switches allegiance from Renly to Cat to Jaime in the end...

She would be better suited as a retinue... Adding loads of honour (chivalry), loyalty and increasing assasination probability...

But that's just my view of the things

Hmmm... good points and questions, all.

Hoat & Saan - Difficult one to resolve. Both bring troops with them, which suggests mercenaries. Both are never put in command of troops not their own (Davos, for one reflects that the Blackwater would've ended differently had Sann been in charge), which argues against them being stock generals. Saan in particular is not a general, but an admiral... perhaps a mercenary admiral? Hoat makes sense as a mercenary captain. As retinue, they bring more detail to the game, but become tied to an individual leader, and lose their troops... so mercenary captains/generals make more sense.

As to Brienne... that's a good point. We never see her commanding troops, and it seems that her purpose is more of a bodyguard than a war leader... as such, she would be better suited as retinue.

As for Brienne 'increasing assassination potential'... :rofl:

I think the idea, is to place characters where they were about 2/3 of the way through AGOT. At that point, events may follow the books, but will most likely diverge quite a bit. That said, maybe Brienne shouldn't be a general anyway. After all, the soldiers of the Reach and Stormlands probably wouldn't be too happy about following her orders. I only made her a general because I made the rest of the Rainbow Guard generals.

Lord Sawane Botley of Lordsport - 40s

Harren Botley - early 20s

Lord Dunstan Drumm of Old Wyk - 40s

Denys Drumm - 20s

Lord Gorold Goodbrother of Hammerhorn - 40s

Gormond Goodbrother - 20s

Lord Rodrik Harlaw of Harlaw - 40s

Lord Meldred Merlyn of Pebbleton - 40s

Lord Waldon Wynch of Iron Holt - 30s

Ralf Kenning of Harlaw - 30s

Jon Myre of Harlaw - 30s

Lord Gylbert Farwynd of Lonely Light - 40s

Gyles Farwynd of Lonely Light - 20s

Donnor Saltcliffe of Saltcliffe - 30s

The Sparr of Great Wyk - 50s

Steffarion Sparr - 30s

All of these could be considered admirals.

I couldn't find very much information about these guys. I basically said if they are a father, they're in their 40s, sons are in their 20s. If there is no mention of children, they're in their 30s. Except for The Sparr, who is specifically described as old.

Hmmm... good points and questions, all.

As to Brienne... that's a good point. We never see her commanding troops, and it seems that her purpose is more of a bodyguard than a war leader... as such, she would be better suited as retinue.

As for Brienne 'increasing assassination potential'... :rofl:

Ummm.. Renly dies while she is his bodyguard.. Jaime loses his hand while she is his "bodygurad", Cat... well... she gets imprisoned for releasing Jaime while she was her bodyguard...

Maybe I'm blind (BTW, I'm new here as well) but i didn't see Ser loras on the list of Renly's generals. Until Renly's death, Ser loras was probably his closest friend and was certainly one of his biggest supporters...

Prince -

Welcome to the boards... but please take a closer look at the thread before posting. Loras was originally included as one of Renly's generals, but was removed from the list, as it seems more appropriate to include him as a Tyrell.

ah right sorry.

lol @ Brienne increasing assassination probability... That's a bodyguard I'd rather not have for my generals.. heh

Now that you mentioned merc captains...can we add General units into the mercenary roster? They'll be called Mercenary Captains, replenish VERY slow but probably give bonuses to your sellswords and freeriders. That said, I'm still for Vargo as a Lannister general since you can't name a newly-recruited general, only ones already in the map AFAIK.

Aeoleron9 -

That's a good question... we'll need one of the modders to answer that. If we can add Generals to the Merc roster, that might work for Vargo. The alternative, is simply to add a unit to the roster called "The Brave Companions", an infantry unit with high morale, medium armor, and high combat skill... and when you recruit them, you get Vargo added to the general's retinue. I can see it working either way...

At this point, it looks like we're almost done with the lists of generals with ages... we've got (so far):

Stark, Tyrell, Stannis, Renly, Lannister, Arryn, Tully, Night's Watch, and Greyjoy.

This leaves: Martell, Iron Throne, and Wildlings.

Good work!

Ser Janos Slynt - Commander of the Gold Cloaks (early) - 40s

Ser Jacelyn Bywater - Commander of the Gold Cloaks (later on) - 40s

Ser Osmund Kettleblack - mid-to-late 20s

Ser Osfryd Kettleblack - mid 20s

Ser Oswell Kettleblack - late teens/early 20s

Ser Aron Santagar - Master-At-Arms of the Red Keep - 45-55

Lord Gyles Rosby of Rosby - 50s

Lord Commander Barristan Selmy of the Kingsguard - 61

Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard - 32

Ser Boros Blount of the Kingsguard - 40s

Ser Arys Oakheart of the Kingsguard - 30s

Ser Preston Greenfield of the Kingsguard - 30s

Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard - 35-45

Ser Meryn Trant of the Kingsguard - 30s

Ser Balon Swann could be added to this list. He was in KL before he was rasied to the KG. He even accompanied Cercei as she inspected the defenses of KL before he was KG. He's in his 20s.

We still need ages for NW, Vale and Riverlands in addition to Dorne and Wildlings.

No we cannnot name Generals for mercs. We can for the slave/rebel faction, however. We can have a moral-bosting general unit for mercs, like the general's bodyguard, but you cant hire a named character, AFAIK

Archived