Westeros M2:TW mod- Alpha Map

Marcus

I take it he meant traits. They belong to the later polishing work, easy to mod but tedious. :ack:

If you want to you could list up some basic traits for famous characters...Tywin as cruel and cunning, Robb a genius tactician, Loras a sexually confused young man... and so on. Don't forget the new traits we thought up in the other thread, and if you think up new ones unique to Westeros don't forget to post it there.

Greetings everyone,

I am just astonished as to what your plans to this magnificent project are. The teaser pics also make this endeavour more tangible and makes appetite for seeing more *bowingindeeprespect*

As I didn't get through all your sub-pages, however, would you be so kind as to post a link for downloading a (preliminary) version – unless, of course, playing the map at this stage is reserved for your testers & team, that is.

Best regards and may the Force be with you,

Stannis

I have to agree with Stannis that seeing those screenshots made me absolutely salivate. While I haven't been commenting as much as I did early in the process, I've still been watching from time to time. While I know you are a small modding group (group of 2?), it seems you're a long way down the path. Keep up the good stuff!

Stannis, the truth is there's not much to play with right now. We got the map, the characters and portraits, and some of those traits and ancs, but that's about it. There's still loads of stuff yet to be done before we can release a beta test, so please bear with us for now.

Thanks for the input, aeoleron. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't stop dropping by here every once in a while - the prospect of claiming Westeros someday is just too high :-)

I wish you good luck with this endeavor. I'll definitely stay in contact. As for the beta test: I can live with "when it's done" (like Duke Nukem...) and maybe I can contibute some feedback in that respect when, ..well, when it's done ;)

PS: Do you happen to use some pictures from the The Art of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire? Most of them are just awesome. I do, however, not know about any copyright problems that might come up there.

Best regards,

Stannis

Hey, I stumbled across this mod completely by accident, but I got really pumped as soon as I saw this! I'm a huge fan of Ice and Fire!

Anyway I heard that you guys need all the help you can get, and although I've never worked on a mod, I'm great with photoshop and I can help skin units. (Which I hear you're in dire need of). If someone can just show me how to properly use the unpacker and back up my files, I'd really like to help!

If you guys are interested in my help, my sn on aim in metmascot3121 and my email is [email protected].

• 2 weeks later...

Those teaser pics are amazing! Great job to the whole team. I stop by periodically to check on the progress you all are making, its great to see it coming together. I think the heraldries look great.

I understand you all have a lot left to do, but I would encourage you to consider releasing an alpha version (is there such a thing?) or a pre-beta once you have a version that is playable even if factions, portraits, art, mechanics aren't all modded. Just a thought. I know some of us are anxious to see what you all have been working on.

Again, great job.

Well, I could state that "I absolutely concur" again :-) No seriously, I know the feeling by heart when one's longing for a mod like this is at times greater than the patience. And besides that, the modders most likely have plenty of "real-life-matters" to deal with.

Concerning time: do you guys have a certain (more or less fixed) schedule at the end of which you want to have this mod done and playable?

Regards,

Stannis

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I am brand new here.

Anyway I just recently started reading a Song of Ice and Fire a few weeks ago. I had just finished reading all the Wheel of Time books and I have got to say a Song of Ice and Fire has QUICKLY become my favorite fantasy series by far. I am almost finished with the 4th book now.

Anyway now that that is out of the way. I am a HUGE gamer, when I stumbled across this I could NOT have been happier! I just want to say thank you to all the people hard at work on this mod and know I eagerly await any and everything you release that has to do with this.

If there is any website you guys have other then this that will give me all the current info you have on this mod someone please hook me up with that link.

Again, thank you for doing this and the best of luck to any and all A Song of Ice and Fire fans!

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to help this mod move along. I will post trait lists for all the generals you have pictures of. Keep in mind these are not the trait names as they appear in the game, but rather as they appear in the cheat codes to give them to charactors. I hope this helps, if only a little. Here is #1

Jeor Mormont

traits:

Brave

Energetic

HaleAndHearty

Just

KindRuler

LaxPersonalSecurity

Pragmatic

Trusting

HI I came across a link to this thread from twcenter.net and I am very impressed.

I just got out my old Rome:Total War and started modding it when I got bored with MMOs and I thought the game was perfect for Song of Ice and Fire. I was excited to come across the thread on this mod.

I never bought Medieval II : Total War but if this mod comes out, I will purchase the game solely to play Westeros: M2TW.

Archived