US politics: No sub rosa Omarosa

IheartIheartTesla

5 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I thought we'd agreed on Operation Stank

Ya'll need to figure this shit out.

Because if I end up invading Canada on my own, I'll be royally pissed off. Not saying I can't do it, cause, you know, I'm frigging awesome.

But I'll still be irritated.

And if I do succeed on my own, I'm keeping all that sweet, delicious healthcare for myself. 

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I thought we'd agreed on Operation Stank

Only because you plied us with so much booze I couldn’t tell which Pony was violating me.  All I remember clearly is crying for Manny to come back and wondering when dubstep made a comeback.

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

Only because you plied us with so much booze I couldn’t tell which Pony was violating me.  All I remember clearly is crying for Manny to come back and wondering when dubstep made a comeback.

16 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ya'll need to figure this shit out.

Because if I end up invading Canada on my own, I'll be royally pissed off. Not saying I can't do it, cause, you know, I'm frigging awesome.

But I'll still be irritated.

And if I do succeed on my own, I'm keeping all that sweet, delicious healthcare for myself. 

Bitch, I could take you out with a flick of my wrist. 

Come to Canada. 

Please.

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

Come to Canada. 

Please.

Think this through, mate. What happened the last time the US came to Canada? Right, we burned down White House. Who hates the White House? Donald Trump. 

Don’t help Donald Trump. 

Hey, maybe this is his 3D Chess motive for all the Canada bashing?

44 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Come to Canada. 

Please.

Well she-it. I've met resistance.

See what happens people when we don't have a unified plan for the invasion? 

I end up getting bitch slapped all the way back down to the Antarctic.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

This would be an occasion for the media to take a stand and not cover the event, if it happens, or do any kind of broadcast from it...

The overt, by military force coup d'état happens then. He ain't, and his nazis ain't ever leaving 'office.'

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Would you have said that Trump had even an "outside shot" at the Presidency in summer 2014?  I know I wouldn't have.

3 hours ago, S John said:

I thought he was definitely going to lose right up until the election results started coming in. 

I would not have said so in 2014, but I was screaming loudly during the Republican primary for people to stop rooting for him because I thought he could beat Clinton. He was a bad match up for her.

Oh, I know.  It's hard to tell if Trump is getting worse or not.  In some ways he is, but in other ways his administration looks exhausted already and it's only 19 months in.   He's certainly capable of getting worse. 

I think he's getting worse because he appears to be more nervous, unhinged, and most importantly, scared. That leads me to believe that the chances of him doing something risky are increased, if for no other reason then it will change the headlines for a short time.

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I think he's getting worse because he appears to be more nervous, unhinged, and most importantly, scared. That leads me to believe that the chances of him doing something risky are increased, if for no other reason then it will change the headlines for a short time.

Trump isnt enjoying being president. He loved running for President, he loves his rallys, he loves the adulation. He hates the criticism, the consequences of his tweets, etc. 

While many in here are convinced he will try to remain President forever, I am convinced he wont even run for reelection in 2020. 

The Presidency was always an ego thing with him. He just wants to say he was the greatest, and he's a winner and the bestest President evah. 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

The last sentence contradicts the first in the minds of many Americans. 

Edit: from the ‘examples taken from just today’ file: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/fox-friends-recalls-that-time-the-us-defeated-communist-japan_us_5b7582b4e4b02b415d76210a

Better yet, let them explain Japan's post WW2 recovery in terms that don't include a role for government very carefully and very deliberately nourishing that country back to health.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

This would be an occasion for the media to take a stand and not cover the event, if it happens, or do any kind of broadcast from it...

How about the media hammer them for low balling the cost estimates of this insane militarist circle jerk by 800%.  Remind them also how much they freaked out about the cost of the ACA website and the insane stories they trumpeted about the cost of Obama's trip to india a few years ago.  That would be nice.

Will Vladimir be there?  Did he get the invite?

Colorado baker who refused to serve gay couple now wants to refuse to serve transgender person

Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, is suing Colorado officials.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/8/16/17701712/masterpiece-cakeshop-jack-phillips-colorado-baker-transgender

The Colorado baker who earlier this year won a Supreme Court case over whether he can refuse service for same-sex weddings is suing the state again. But this time, Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips is arguing that Colorado officials violated his religious rights by pushing him to bake a cake for a transgender woman.

31 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Trump isnt enjoying being president. He loved running for President, he loves his rallys, he loves the adulation. He hates the criticism, the consequences of his tweets, etc. 

While many in here are convinced he will try to remain President forever, I am convinced he wont even run for reelection in 2020. 

The Presidency was always an ego thing with him. He just wants to say he was the greatest, and he's a winner and the bestest President evah. 

Yeah, but you can't say hat if you only served one term. And then there's the Obama factor. Trump's fixation with Obama demands that he have a second term, so that he can prove Obama is not better than any white man. 

17 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Colorado baker who refused to serve gay couple now wants to refuse to serve transgender person

Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, is suing Colorado officials.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/8/16/17701712/masterpiece-cakeshop-jack-phillips-colorado-baker-transgender

I'm guessing this is what the Transgender woman wanted to happen. I don't know any other reason why a trans person would seek to give this cake shop their business, except to be denied the service and stir the issue up again.

55 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Depending on the results of the mid terms and the long term trend in poll numbers, I wouldn't rule out a primary challenge for 2020.  It's not common that a party primaries a sitting president, but it's not unheard of.

1 hour ago, Frog Eater said:

Trump enjoys playing the role of president, but I'm sure he hates the requirement s of it. And he hates the criticism because he likely suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which differs from being an every day narcissist. 

I'm not sure why you don't think he'll run. He's already got his reelection campaign un and running, and he's joked before about looking into a third term. The man wants to be a king. 

43 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I'm guessing this is what the Transgender woman wanted to happen. I don't know any other reason why a trans person would seek to give this cake shop their business, except to be denied the service and stir the issue up again.

So? Isn't the point to fight discrimination? This is how she can have standing in court.

Archived