US politics: No sub rosa Omarosa

IheartIheartTesla

12 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Not for nothing, but in the final month of the campaign, was there anyone serious saying it was going to be an easy win for Clinton?  I mean, I certainly was in the in July and August, but I've grown a little since then.

If someone else came to it first I have zero problem with that.

My recollection was that some on the left wanted Trump to win because they thought he would be easy to defeat.  I don’t remember anyone calling the race for Trump before he actually won.

8 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:
  • When an unqualified sack of orange doughnut batter, born into obscene wealth, on his third supermodel wife, and literally lives in a gold plated New York penthouse is embraced by the religious right and becomes the voice of the working man.

Small nitpick. Melania was never ever a supermodel. It's not being nasty, it's not being mean, it's just stating something obvious.

Supermodel is the category Cindy Crawford, Naomi Cambbell, Kate Moss, Giselle Bündchen etc. Melania was never in that elite club. She was a model (as in she made a living with it), but not a supermodel by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think Melania herself will claim otherwise.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

God, what a disgusting person.

You can only keep your security clearance if you tow the line for current administration?

Virulently anti-Trump?  Good.  That means they're still sane.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/watch-kellyanne-conway-bizarrely-attacks-white-house-reporters-obsessed-president/

'Toe' the line.

Trump is once again considering letting Erik Prince privatize the war in Afghanistan

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/officials-worry-trump-may-back-erik-prince-plan-privatize-war-n901401

i just saw this scumbag interviewed on MSNBC going on about how we can’t leave this (a WAR) to the Pentagon any longer. Another loathsome family surrounding the most loathsome of all.

The threat of having up to 200 secret recordings has to have the White House nervous as hell.

Also, today Trump again tied revoking Brennan’s security clearances with the Russia investigation. This is precisely why his lawyers want nothing to do with Mueller’s interview. They know, regardless of what limitations they set, that Trump will be baited into spilling the beans if he doesn’t just do it independently.

34 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, that makes no sense.

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE PONY EMPRESS!!!!!

toe the line
phrase of toe

1. 1.
    accept the authority, principles, or policies of a particular group, especially under pressure.
    synonyms: conform, obey the rules, observe the rules, comply with the rules, abide by the rules, follow the rules; 
    informalplay by the rules
    "the choice is yours: toe the line or pack your bags"

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

That is insane.  Mountains of evidence and testimony with no defense.  What the hell is the world coming to when an asshat like that gets away with fraud on a massive scale while people rot in jail for fucking drug use charges.  It's sick how much we worship the rich in this country.

It's probably because he's rich and white. He'd have to also steal from nuns, orphans, and homeless vets before he gets that first slap on the wrist.

3 minutes ago, Durckad said:

It's probably because he's rich and white. He'd have to also steal from nuns, orphans, and homeless vets before he gets that first slap on the wrist.

Rich and white, the “I didn’t know I couldn’t do that” defense. Works every time.

Archived