US politics: No sub rosa Omarosa

IheartIheartTesla

53 minutes ago, mormont said:

"I have nothing to hide" declares man who won't release his tax returns and who habitually makes people sign NDAs.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031134125602820096

...John Dean type RAT...

Jesus.  Someone get the nuclear football away from this man please.

22 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

They’re not even trying to hide what they’re doing, are they?

Why would they? 'Murica!

1 hour ago, mormont said:

"I have nothing to hide" declares man who won't release his tax returns and who habitually makes people sign NDAs.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031134125602820096 https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1031134125602820096

"The truth is not the truth!"  -- so quoth the only competition for the orange nazi's "hair," Rudy Giuliani.

34 minutes ago, Zorral said:

"The truth is not the truth!"  -- so quoth the only competition for the orange nazi's "hair," Rudy Giuliani.

In his defense, Rudy was really, really high.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/john-bolton-john-brennan-could-only-know

What I do know is when he was director of CIA, I was very troubled by his conduct, by statements he made in public, and by what I thought was his politicization of the intelligence community.

John Bolton only likes "politicization of the intelligence community" when he does it I guess.  Iraq war, anyone?

On 8/17/2018 at 6:30 AM, Darth Richard II said:

Fuck, I thought he was going to lose even as they came in.

I had a conviction that felt like impending doom that he was going to win from at least the middle of the primary season, I think by March. When it started to become clear he was the Orange Luck Warrior walking the path of fuckup after fuckup that improbably only propelled him to further victories, while his opponents fuckups always cost them dearly.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Jack"?

Can these simple fucks ever do anything useful?  

As laughable as the claim is, this is precisely how the far right have twisted the media and political landscape over the last few decades. You take something that's favouring your side, accuse it of being left wing propaganda and they slide further right to find the "balance" between their old stance and the far right. This shit makes me fear rather than making me laugh these days.

36 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I had a conviction that felt like impending doom that he was going to win from at least the middle of the primary season, I think by March. When it started to become clear he was the Orange Luck Warrior walking the path of fuckup after fuckup that improbably only propelled him to further victories, while his opponents fuckups always cost them dearly.

As laughable as the claim is, this is precisely how the far right have twisted the media and political landscape over the last few decades. You take something that's favouring your side, accuse it of being left wing propaganda and they slide further right to find the "balance" between their old stance and the far right. This shit makes me fear rather than making me laugh these days.

So who's Jack?

9 hours ago, Serious Callers Only said:
9 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

Fucking chilling.  I am still in awe that this is where we are.  

Ah yes, it's chilling that Trump claims something so ridiculous as the mainstream media lying. Simply outrageous, how could that ever happen?! They would never do something like that...  Just a few days ago an MSNBC panelist said that Trump wants to round people up and murder them. I guess it must be true.

Meanwhile, Trump still wouldn't censor them: 

So 1984!

The guy who never speaks a word of truth or allows one to pass the lips of his subordinates and has run a propaganda campaign to convince gullible dipshits that fake news is anything factual which paints him in a negative light hasn’t cracked down on the press, what a hero.

Yeah, cause with all the shit Trump has said and down the idea that he might want to round up and kill some people is laughable.

And let's not pretend that he sudden disdain for "censorship" means anything when attacking the credibility of any news organization that says something he doesn't like is far more damaging to free speech than corporations enforcing their TOS.

59 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Ah yes, it's chilling that Trump claims something so ridiculous as the mainstream media lying. Simply outrageous, how could that ever happen?! They would never do something like that...  Just a few days ago an MSNBC panelist said that Trump wants to round people up and murder them. I guess it must be true.

So 1984!

And is that why your trusted news sources are Breitbart and Fox News?

Also, I'd note that the moderate on that panel pretty much disagreed with Michelle Goldberg's comment. Is that a case of mainstream media' lying?

I don't think so. There was a disagreement right there on the panel for everyone to see. But, you act as if everyone just nodded in agreement with Michelle Goldberg's quip.

Nice try on your part.

And also Trump has suggested in the past he'd like to crack down on mainstream media, like when he wondered whether he could revoke the licenses of NBC, etc. 

13 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Some House Republicans want to have Jack testify about the  “liberal bias” on twitter? This guy goes to bat for neo Nazis on a Daily basis.

I guess that is why gerrymandering electoral districts is so in vogue. They are just trying to counteract the liberal bias of the electorate. 

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

I felt like history was going to repeat, just like with GW Bush. When people were mocking Trump and dismissing him, instead of taking him seriously, I felt like there was complacency seeping in. It doesn't make a difference when people on forums get complacent, but I think the Democrats got complacent.

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

So 1984!

The guy that forces all his subordinates to sign NDA's that say "don't say anything bad about me and my family ever". is a champion of free speech.  The guy that screams "Fake News", which is just him saying "You're a liar", to reporting that isn't the moral equivalent of kissing his ass is a champion of free speech... 

6 hours ago, SweetPea said:

So 1984!

He didn't type that message.  It's not his rhetorical style or his vocabulary.

Archived