WHY ARYA WILL BE THE ONE TO KILL LADY STONEHEART

WolfBitch

I enjoyed the OP very much.  And I also agree with Ygrain that there is still an unresolved conflict brewing between Jon and Cat.  I think all roads for Jon, Stoneheart, and Arya, lead back to Winterfell.

Jon's deep dark secret is his longing to take Winterfell.  If Jon's resurection is going to bear a similarity to Cat's, then I think we'll see Jon resurrected only to be then driven by his darkest, most primal, impulse which is to take Winterfell.  In the meantime, we have Lady Stoneheart still fondling Robb's crown of the north.  Couple this with the unresolved conflict between the two which is established in AGOT, and I think it's inevitable that after each character metes out their vengeance (Jon at the Wall and Cat at the Twins) both will then head to Winterfell.

Which is probably where Arya will head after she leaves Braavos, and finishes her own "to do list".

15 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

I enjoyed the OP very much.  And I also agree with Ygrain that there is still an unresolved conflict brewing between Jon and Cat.  I think all roads for Jon, Stoneheart, and Arya, lead back to Winterfell.

Jon's deep dark secret is his longing to take Winterfell.  If Jon's resurection is going to bear a similarity to Cat's, then I think we'll see Jon resurrected only to be then driven by his darkest, most primal, impulse which is to take Winterfell.  In the meantime, we have Lady Stoneheart still fondling Robb's crown of the north.  Couple this with the unresolved conflict between the two which is established in AGOT, and I think it's inevitable that after each character metes out their vengeance (Jon at the Wall and Cat at the Twins) both will then head to Winterfell.

Which is probably where Arya will head after she leaves Braavos, and finishes her own "to do list".

I believe Arya will kill Stoneheart, head North with Robb’s crown then crown Jon herself just like Visenya did to Aegon. Do you remember when Jon said to Arya that women get the arms but not the swords and bastards get the swords but not the arms? Still, he gave Arya a sword, now it’s time to give him the arms. But Jon’s resurrection probably won’t be like Stoneheart’s since he warged Ghost after he died. I strongly believe Arya will sail back to Saltpans and not the North because she needs to find Nymeria’s pack again (Martin said the pack is very important) and they’re in the Trident.

Arya will go to KL and become Sansa's catspaw. Most likely Sansa will be the one to send her (not knowing it is Arya or that Stoneheart is UnCat) to RR to sort out BwB/Stoneheart after they take it as Sansa will want Edmure returned to his seat for political alliance reasons. Stoneheart isn't ever leaving the Riverlands.

11 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Arya will go to KL and become Sansa's catspaw. Most likely Sansa will be the one to send her (not knowing it is Arya or that Stoneheart is UnCat) to RR to sort out BwB/Stoneheart after they take it as Sansa will want Edmure returned to his seat for political alliance reasons. Stoneheart isn't ever leaving the Riverlands.

Can’t see that happening. Sansa’s in the Vale, going to a tournament where “interesting things will happen” according to Martin’s own words, she’ll hypothetically marry Harry and reveal herself as Sansa, get the needed support and head North. Then there’s the whole plot of her being Littlefinger’s doom. I doubt Arya will steal a face from the FM or be tasked to go to Westeros. She’s just an acolyte, and far from the best one. And also I don’t think Arya will be Sansa’s “catspaw”, Sansa’s guard, Sansa’s personal killer or any kind of servent. And I can’t see her going to KL, there’s nothing for her there besides Cersei, but Arya is wanted as a prisoner. KL is far from the safest place, that’s why I think she’ll go to Saltspan, reunite with Gendry and Nymeria then go to the North with her pack and Robb’s crown.

• 3 weeks later...

One argument against Arya killing Stoneheart is fact that Arya doesn't want to return to Riverlands, but to go to Wall. Also, as far as she knows, almost all people on her list are in KL.

Besides, Cat and her barely had any interaction through the books (then again  Cat didn't has too much interactions with any of her child who isn't Robb).

Archived