Dark Sister

Starkz

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Why on earth would Blackfyre be at the wall?  And if that is not the sword Jorah had, then where is it?  Why are we given the same story by two separate people who could not possibly be in on some random plot to gift Jon the sword have the same story?  Can you describe a series of events that would lead to this? 

We are told that Ilyrio trades in dragonbone, I do not recall ever hearing about him trading in Valyrian steal, and considering the fact that Tywin Lannister could not acquire any with money, I think it is well established that people do not give up the swords willingly, they are only taken by force.

Blackfyre was last seen in Essos with the house who took its name.  Ilyrio has some famous ancestors, somehow exercises control over the golden company, and he gave Aegon and Jon Con a sword.  

Why on Earth would Dark Sister or Longclaw be at the wall.

6 hours ago, SirArthur said:

One Sword to rule them all, One Sword to find them,
One Sword to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

LOL  I'm guessing that would work on a Lord of The Ring's fan, but I am probably one of the few around here that hasn't read those books, seen those movies, nor has.....any interest to do so. 

I just want out of that cave, Dark Sister being there would be a help, I think. 

21 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That's it! Meera is the dragon and she will literally have three heads on her sword.

I was kinda joking but nerding it out, what kinda hand-held medievalish type weapon can be wield by a girl with no sword skills that can fight off a horde of ice zombies?

.......A Darth Maul type double light saber contraption with all three swords/spear.

She can just spin like a helichopter and she'll be ok.

If she keeps spinning, maybe she can kill the whole horde, esp with a varyrian steel edge.

Why do we even need a dragon now?

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm wondering if a crannog person possibly of age with 14-15 year old Robb yet scarcely taller than 8-9 year old Bran -----would be able (even if valyrian steel is lighter than castle forged steel)---- be able to handle a three foot long sword.

Well, we don’t know how tall Bran really is. If he’s about the same size as other 9 year olds he could be anywhere from 4’3 to as tall as 4’8, based on my experience. Kids tend to grow like weeds around that age. If Jojen is about two or three inches taller than, say, a 4’5 foot Bran (if he could stand) and Meera is the same height- if not taller - then together with the fact Meera is very athletic I see no reason to believe she couldn’t use Dark Sister were the occasion to arise. She was able to drag off Rickard Stark’s burial sword and complain it’s “too heavy” - a slender, lighter Valyrian steel sword that was designed for a woman’s build seems like a more pleasant weapon for her, especially in a dire situation where her spear and dagger won’t cut it.

In terms of who first gets hold of and uses Dark Sister, it’s either her or “Brandor” (& you know my thoughts on that *cough* Brandor Conundrum*cough*). Now we know it’s most likely in BR’s cave it seems inevitable  they’ll randomly trip over it at some point.

22 minutes ago, Faera said:

Well, we don’t know how tall Bran really is. If he’s about the same size as other 9 year olds he could be anywhere from 4’3 to as tall as 4’8, based on my experience. Kids tend to grow like weeds around that age. If Jojen is about two or three inches taller than, say, a 4’5 foot Bran (if he could stand) and Meera is the same height- if not taller - then together with the fact Meera is very athletic I see no reason to believe she couldn’t use Dark Sister were the occasion to arise. She was able to drag off Rickard Stark’s burial sword and complain it’s “too heavy” - a slender, lighter Valyrian steel sword that was designed for a woman’s build seems like a more pleasant weapon for her, especially in a dire situation where her spear and dagger won’t cut it.

In terms of who first gets hold of and uses Dark Sister, it’s either her or “Brandor” (& you know my thoughts on that *cough* Brandor Conundrum*cough*). Now we know it’s in BR’s cave it seems inevitable  they’ll randomly trip over it at some point.

Just to be clear, GRRM said that Bloodraven took it with him to the Wall when he joined, it's not a certainty that it's in the cave.  Now, it could be, yes, it seems almost a certainty, almost, but..........

48 minutes ago, the conquering bastard 25 said:

Why on Earth would Dark Sister or Longclaw be at the wall.

That has already been established in the story, as has Blackfyres last location being in Essos.  Bloodraven was allowed to take Darksister to the wall, we don't know if it is still there or not.  When Jorah fled Westeros he left Longclaw, which Maege then sent to Joeor.

1 hour ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I missed that, when was this?

In Dance, when Tyrion and Ilyrio meet Duck and whoever the other guy was near the Shy Maid, Ilyrio gives them 3 chests, which are drawn to our attention as Tyrion wonders what could be in them.  In an earlier version of the chapter which was read as a sample before the book was released, Ilyrio gave them a sword.  It was never said to specifically be Blackfyre, I'm not claiming that is the case, but if you add everything up, if Blackfyre is going to be in the story that is its most likely location.  Ilyrio descends from some famous ancestor, seems to exercise control over the Golden Company, and gives Aegon a mysterious sword.

41 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Just to be clear, GRRM said that Bloodraven took it with him to the Wall when he joined, it's not a certainty that it's in the cave.  Now, it could be, yes, it seems almost a certainty, almost, but..........

It is indeed not a certainty. One would not be surprised if it was discovered, say, somewhere in the Nightfort where Bloodraven may have rediscovered the Black Gate before he went on his last ranging.

One has also to keep in mind that Brynden Rivers was about eighty when he disappeared, not exactly the age you run around with a sword. Granted, if he went just on some ranging not knowing where he would end up he may have taken the sword. But there is also a chance he knew where he was going and that he would not return. Would he want to bury Dark Sister in some cave at the end of the world with his own hide?

We don't know, but we can doubt it.

But in any case - since Bloodraven was allowed to keep Dark Sister there is a very good chance that Aegon V was wielding Blackfyre.

58 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yes, yes, I know that. It was just a slip on my part. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  No problem.  You know how even slips of the tongue can take on lives and stories of their own around here.  :thumbsup:

Aha! I do indeed. No worries, I added the missing "most likely" bit of that sentence - that's what I get from trying to make posts on my phone. :P

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I'm guessing that would work on a Lord of The Ring's fan, but I am probably one of the few around here that hasn't read those books, seen those movies, nor has.....any interest to do so. 

I just want out of that cave, Dark Sister being there would be a help, I think. 

Just to joke around further: There is only one true Lord of the sword and his name is Brynden Rivers. He has rebuild his lair in the Mirkwood.

The themes just keep on coming. I don't know, but all those Wraith, dark names, black names, and desire for Valyrian Swords ... 

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

In Dance, when Tyrion and Ilyrio meet Duck and whoever the other guy was near the Shy Maid, Ilyrio gives them 3 chests, which are drawn to our attention as Tyrion wonders what could be in them.  In an earlier version of the chapter which was read as a sample before the book was released, Ilyrio gave them a sword.  It was never said to specifically be Blackfyre, I'm not claiming that is the case, but if you add everything up, if Blackfyre is going to be in the story that is its most likely location.  Ilyrio descends from some famous ancestor, seems to exercise control over the Golden Company, and gives Aegon a mysterious sword.

Interesting. Certainly suggests Blackfyre. Wonder if it was taken out to preserve the surprise, or because GRRM changed his mind.

4 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Interesting. Certainly suggests Blackfyre. Wonder if it was taken out to preserve the surprise, or because GRRM changed his mind.

Supposedly the info was taken out because during the reading GRRM realized it was too obvious. Nope, can't find the source where I read that info :tantrum:, but here is an oldie thread that has a recap of the info with the three words Tyrion recognizes, including "sword".

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Supposedly the info was taken out because during the reading GRRM realized it was too obvious. Nope, can't find the source where I read that info :tantrum:, but here is an oldie thread that has a recap of the info with the three words Tyrion recognizes, including "sword".

Completely new information for me! I'm as of now officially sold on the Blackfyre theory.

Just now, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Completely new information for me! I'm as of now officially sold on the Blackfyre theory.

Which Blackfyre theory? ;)

That Aegon is a Blackfyre? Or that Blackfyre the sword is in the chest?

Either way, glad I could help :cheers:

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Which Blackfyre theory? ;)

That Aegon is a Blackfyre? Or that Blackfyre the sword is in the chest?

Either way, glad I could help :cheers:

That Ilyrio is a Blackfyre, or at least has a Blackfyre connection. The Aegon Blackfyre theory seems more likely now. I have a strict policy of fence-sitting on such matters though.

Archived