Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

I don't think Kim will die because it seems like that would truly change Jimmy to a much darker person. He wouldn't be the Saul we know from BB.

The motivation for BB Saul is much better explained by Kim left him than Kim died.  I think that's hard to argue.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yeah, but since we're presumably nearing the endgame here I suspect we'll get another Gene scene where he meets someone again. 

I know the pattern has been one scene at the beginning of each season, but I too expect another Gene scene to conclude (and subsequently yes, one in which he meets someone from his past).  We're presumably getting close enough to the end when that's gonna play a bigger role.

It took a while to register in my head what the plan was. I mean it was clear the intent I just didn't link it to the judge getting the letters. Nice little scam tying in all the other parts of the show, the film crew from last year, the cell phones, nail parlor...  So, was Kims' smile while in the Mesa Verde meeting her remembering and enjoying pulling it off and does this signal a shift from what a lot of us thought, that she was pulling away from doing that stuff?

Now I have to say that the lead German may be at risk along with beer boy. Mike has to know that this guy longs for some type of recognition for his work since he can never live up to daddy the Sydney opera house builder.

One last thought. Was I the only one who thought the scene when Nacho was at his house reminded them of Jesse from BB? How when he used to go home there were people there hanging out and he would supply them with drugs/food whatever then wander off alone?

Great episode but I'm a little baffled by the strip club plan. Apart from the risk of taking them to a public place I'm not sure how looking at naked women but not being able to touch them was supposed to help morale. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Great episode but I'm a little baffled by the strip club plan. Apart from the risk of taking them to a public place I'm not sure how looking at naked women but not being able to touch them was supposed to help morale. 

Maybe they just wanted some "inspiration"? You would think hiring them professionals would have been better.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Nacho doesn't seem like the type to have druggie women hanging at his house all the time, I felt like I missed something there.  And, I guess every single member of the Salamanca family is a violent sociopath.

Well I haven't ran a crime family but I would think that if I did and needed to send a family member to watch over my criminal interests I wouldn't send Fredo!

I saw it coming, and I was hoping it would. She was bored with the Mesa Verde routine, while at the same time, she went along with how she got it (Jimmy's scam to get it back).

They've shown this side of Jimmy turns her on from the start, they sure made it clear in season 2. This isn't the first time she's yanked him to her for a kiss after a successful scam.

It means she's complex, and it also makes the storyline complex. Yeah, there's likely a fall for both ahead, but she's a key part of it, and that makes it all so much more interesting.

It's interesting that both Jimmy and Kim have a noble side, where they want to help people. But they also both have a wild side.

In this case, they were genuinely righting a wrong, Huell really didn't know it was a cop, and was just defending a friend, of sorts.

Jimmy will lose sight of his better nature, that's ahead. But that spark may still be there with Gene. He wanted to help the kid at the mall.

This episode was fun with the court scam taking centre stage. While it was nice to see Jimmy and Kim reconcile it was saddening in the sense they are taking each other down.

It was a nice turn to see the head engineer potentially causing far more trouble than redshirt Kai. I agree with others that cooping them up inside a strip club possibly wasn't the best solution. I'd think what these people need more than anything is to be out in the open air. The strip club could have been an end of day activity. Maybe the workers voted for that though.

It was an ok episode. I’m still bored with Mike’s storyline, but Kim and Jimmy’s storyline seems to finally be ramping up. At first, I thought the church scam was ridiculous and would never really work, but then I thought about it and realized that Huell’s case really wasn’t that big and probably wasn’t worth the potential hassle, so I can strain belief on that one. I liked the result of it, anyway, and how Kim is now adopting Jimmy’s bad habits. I can’t help but feel that this may be Kim’s final season in a starring capacity.

7 hours ago, red snow said:

It was a nice turn to see the head engineer potentially causing far more trouble than redshirt Kai. I agree with others that cooping them up inside a strip club possibly wasn't the best solution. I'd think what these people need more than anything is to be out in the open air. The strip club could have been an end of day activity. Maybe the workers voted for that though.

I think what the workers really need is to get laid.

I still don't think the writers will kill Kim, because they love the character, but I'm open to a much more negative type of ending for her, like she may get disbarred instead of Jimmy or something, than I was before 'let's do it again'

And another close up of the doomed fucking gold fish :(

ETA...I am also still bored with the Germans and the lab, and if/when Mike is forced to kill some or all of them, I will still be bored by this story.  Much rather have seen Mike/Nacho/Gus doing something else.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I still don't think the writers will kill Kim, because they love the character, but I'm open to a much more negative type of ending for her, like she may get disbarred instead of Jimmy or something, than I was before 'let's do it again'

I think she probably ends up in jail now.

Both Jimmy and Kim have a Robin Hood complex - robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.  Sometimes it extends itself to rather ridiculous levels, as in the case with Huell. 

This was the one instance I knew exactly where Jimmy was going with all the letters.  Having spent a part of my life working for a judge, I know they sometimes get character-reference type letters when contemplating sentencing.  Any judge who got that many letters would definitely give them serious consideration. 

You have to really admire Jimmy's willingness to go the extra mile or two to win a case.  He and Chuck are a lot alike in that respect, only they took different paths in their drive to win. 

12 hours ago, briantw said:

I think she probably ends up in jail now.

That or the first customer of the disappearing man that Jimmy used throughout breaking bad and in the flash forwards if this show. That's a less miserable out than prison or death but still sad as Jimmy is cut off from her and reminded of her every time he uses that guy to disappear someone.

19 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

And another close up of the doomed fucking gold fish :(

The goldfish! I thought it might symbolize Jimmy's humanity. Will he forget to feed it? Will it jump out of the tank one day, and gasp for breath? Or will he keep it alive, that little spark of hope?

Could just be a nice visual, but they just keep coming back to it, in nearly every episode.

Archived