Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

I probably haven't been watching the finale carefuly enough, but why exactly did Lalo start following Mike? He was watching the Los Polos Hermanos premises when the guys went looking for Werner and the next thing I remember is he's watching Mike at the money transfer point and starts following him. Isn't it a bit too smart?

8 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Yeah, you’re both right. I guess I’m overthinking Saul’s line from BB. It wouldn’t be too hard for Vince Gillen to kill Lalo off without Saul learning about it.

More interesting is exactly how Lalo will cross paths with Saul in the first place, it always felt to me in BB, that discovering Walt and his 40 lbs of meth was his big break, he wasn't making much money until then, and that he never knew Gus, everything was through Mike.  So, that might be an interesting story they come up with.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing this will be an AMC movie in a similar vein to that of the recently announced "walking dead" films? 

It's good news for the actor who plays Jesse (although it hopefully doesn't clash with his "westworld" role). I'd have had reservations about continuing the breaking bad story but I felt the same about Better call saul and that show has been excellent so I have a lot of faith in this venture too.

8 minutes ago, briantw said:

Given that Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have both been very good to great shows, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he makes something shitty. 

I insist that Jesse gets a good ending.  No dying.  No going to prison.  Since this is very unrealistic, and VG himself has said in the past he doubts Jesse gets away....I'm sad if my happy ending is destroyed by a new show.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I insist that Jesse gets a good ending.  No dying.  No going to prison.  Since this is very unrealistic, and VG himself has said in the past he doubts Jesse gets away....I'm sad if my happy ending is destroyed by a new show.

I could possibly tolerate a dire ending for Jesse if he sacrifices himself to preserve the true love between Skinny Pete and Badger.

Franchises are so hot right now. A new BB every year, an extended BBverse, a Jesse movie, a Badger mini, Methvengers, Babing Bad (like the Muppet Babies), Todd’s uncle is alive and angry in the sequel you did Nazi coming, Walt Jr. still eating the shit out of some breakfast.....

So I just finished S4 yesterday and it was . . . disappointing. I see what they were going for in Jimmy's transition to Saul, but I just don't feel like they pulled it off in a totally plausible way. So Jimmy is so bitter that his future as a lawyer hinges solely on Chuck that he completely loses any legit emotional connection to him and thus loses Kim? Okay. :/ I don't know. It was an okay payoff but the journey there was not a good one. 

Also, the whole Mike & Werner storyline was painfully obvious in its direction. I dug the logistics of constructing that infamous lab though. The Salamanca storyline also dragged out with way too little progress. I like the Lalo element, but I feel like he came in too late in the season. I guess they're gonna drag him out as a nemesis for S5 for Gus, which seems like it'll be the final one for the series.

I'm not a big fan of how the showrunners are keeping fans in the dark so long with where the show will go in terms of meeting up with and/or overlapping Breaking Bad. Personally, I hope S5 of BCS would jump ahead to Saul setting up that iconic office in episode one, have a few great BB era episodes, and then end with a two part episode of him post-BB. BCS S5 for Mike and Gus is all pretty laid out plot-wise: they deal with Lalo, finish the lab, set up shop with Gail. However, I hope we get more backstory and character development for them both in S5. I feel like Mike had some good episodes early on in S4, but not much character development once the lab began. Gus was sadly one-note throughout S4--all consumed with a particular vengeance. 

On 11/8/2018 at 6:29 PM, Morpheus said:

Franchises are so hot right now. A new BB every year, an extended BBverse, a Jesse movie, a Badger mini, Methvengers, Babing Bad (like the Muppet Babies), Todd’s uncle is alive and angry in the sequel you did Nazi coming, Walt Jr. still eating the shit out of some breakfast.....

You eat that cereal, Walt Jr. You eat the hell outta it!

• 1 month later...
On 2 October 2018 at 4:12 AM, Cas Stark said:

The bell origin story!

You're always down.  Cold

Oh Mike, gonna need a full measure here.

Run Nacho Run.

Lalo, fucking bat shit insane Salamancas, I like they are all a slightly different flavor of killer.

Each Salamanca is a psychopath, but Lalo seems the brightest.

Archived