Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Cas Stark said:

I'm not sure what will happen w/Kim now, but it may be darker than her just kicking Jimmy to the curb after one scam too many.  I didn't expect her to break bad like that.

Yes, I could see Kim ending up in prison, or having to be spirited away with a new identity.

• 3 months later...

That’s pushing it, imo. I thought Gilligan had originally planned to go 5, just like BB. I still enjoy this show a lot, but I know many people lost interest last season. Two more seems unnecessary. But then again AMC really does like to milk their shows...

If I'm not mistaken, Gilligan was speaking in terms of number of episodes when he said that BCS will be about as long as BB. BB had 62 episodes. But, yeah, six seasons is too much for BCS - the pacing is already painfully slow as it is. The show should have been done in four seasons (max five). 

I think two more seasons instead of one - which I was expecting - is fine.  The pace is slow, yeah, but at this point the show is really only for Gilligan worshipers, and I'm totally cool with the way he does slow pace.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

No, but don't they know Gus Fring?

Probably, but they can't suspect him of anything this early and I'm almost positive they didn't know Mike. So either it's a small cameo or they're gonna be going after Lalo. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Probably, but they can't suspect him of anything this early and I'm almost positive they didn't know Mike. So either it's a small cameo or they're gonna be going after Lalo. 

Gus was a donor to their cop's union or whatever it was.

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think this might be the most likely. Fring's organisation was not on the DEA's radar at all until late on in BB and it'd be a total waste to have Hank and Gomez just hanging around Fring at fundraisers and shit unless it's just a small cameo which would also be a waste. I think Fring will steer the DEA's attention towards the Salamancas since Lalo already knows that Gus is building something and therefore needs to be taken out before construction on the underground lab can continue and all without the cartel suspecting any involvement from Gus. So using the DEA to do his bidding would make sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, RumHam said:

Apparently Robert Forster filmed scenes for season five before he died.

Also Hank and Gomez are appearing, which...I didn't get the impression they knew Saul when he showed up as Badger's lawyer. 

Interesting. The show is disjointed enough in its stories that Hank and Gomez could be interacting strictly with Lalo.

I have to echo other sentiments--just watched season 4 on Netflix, and I definitely binged it, but there were long moments in episodes that I didn't feel were compelling, but instead, were boring. If I had watched it week to week I might have lost interest with how little momentum the episodes felt they had.

The biggest issue for me is that the show feels 100 percent about Mike, and when Jimmy shows up, it feels like a different show with a different tone, and the stakes are so much lower. I mean that's a testament to the characters of this series that a character like Mike can run away with a story, but his story and Jimmy's are so far apart, I find this disjointing and difficult to transition between.

By the end of the season, I felt like very little happened. I definitely felt invested in Werner and that story line, and it's inevitable conclusion was definitely upsetting, but especially by then, the Jimmy appealing his license suspension felt...just off.

I had considered finding a way to watch season 5 as it happened, but I think I would get too frustrated with it, so I'm going to have to be patient and wait for it to be available streaming.

I finally just started S4 on Netflix.  I watched the first three eps yesterday on a flight, and I have plenty of flying time within the next week to finish the season.

I’m enjoying it so far, especially after such a long wait, but I know the slow pace will be frustrating eventually.

I may DVR S5 as it starts, but I prefer to binge watch during flights.  So I may have to just accept another long wait until Netflix has it. 

I've only watched the first of the two episodes so far, but I like Lalo. I hope they don't do a whole flashback to Pinochet era Gus unless they have something really good. Seems unnecessary. 

Also really hope we don't have to wait till next season to get more Gene stuff. 

That cab driver was so menacing in a friendly way, which I think is a lot better then if he had just outright extorted him right off the bat. I don't see Jimmy/Saul/Gene as a killer though, so I'm hoping despite his facial expression his plan is some kinda con rather than violence.  But maybe Gene is just so broken that he's more open to murdering someone. 

Also gotta keep an eye out for him in the Saul scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up as someone's cab driver or in the background without them drawing attention to it.

Yes, Lalo is a good villain, a nice mix of charm and menace.  I'm glad they're only doing 1 more season after this, and my guess is that given the affection Gilligan seems to have for Jimmy, that he will somehow end up closer to a Pinkman new start redemption  than a Walt flameout.  But I could be wrong.  I'm over Kim. She's too fucking compromised, how many crimes and offenses that would get her disbarred is she up to now?  Being better than Jimmy is not really much of a standard.

went on wikipedia cause I forgot if this was a sunday or a monday show. The upcoming episode titles are enough to fill me with a sense of dread:

The Guy for This
Namaste
Dedicado A Max
Wexler V. Goodman
JMM
Bagman
Bad Choice Road
Something Unforgivable 

Archived