Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I so worry this is heading the same way as Adriana La Cerva.

Imagine if it gets to the point Saul has to choose between his life and Kim's.

I think he'd choose her. I think he pretty much did, by trying to draw the man's fire. Mike told him about the people he loved. And it was after he talked about Kim that Jimmy did this.

12 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I so worry this is heading the same way as Adriana La Cerva.

Imagine if it gets to the point Saul has to choose between his life and Kim's.

I still don't see that.  If Kim was killed because of Jimmy, we would never have seen Saul in BB, because Jimmy would have completely gone off the deep end.  But, Mike's speech may cause him to do something really nasty to get Kim to leave him, that is possible.  It is possible she will eventually have to 'disappear' to stay safe.  I also think if it came down to it, Jimmy would chose Kim to live over himself. 

I would say if anything Saul will push Kim away and divorce her to "save" her from him. There is no way she dies and we get the Saul we got in BB. 

Now, Kim. What on earth was she thinking going to see him knowing full well who he is and how cartels act. She isn't that dumb. 

57 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I would say if anything Saul will push Kim away and divorce her to "save" her from him. There is no way she dies and we get the Saul we got in BB. 

Now, Kim. What on earth was she thinking going to see him knowing full well who he is and how cartels act. She isn't that dumb. 

Yeah, it was extremely stupid, because spousal privilege may keep Jimmy's secrets safe but it doesn't extend to Lalo Salamanca....I guess they can formally add her to his legal team, but then, presumably her law firm will be like ?WTF? are you defending a cartel boss.....and again, presumably when the 7 million in cash turns up at the court house police will be clear that this guy isn't who they thought he was and they will see that Kim Wexler visited him....so the show kind of created a knot where the only way out for Kim is that she must disappear.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Simple, she thought the man she loves could possibly be dead, or kidnapped, or whatever other horrible possibilities were running through her head. She was desperate. 

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Simple, she thought the man she loves could possibly be dead, or kidnapped, or whatever other horrible possibilities were running through her head. She was desperate. 

Yes, it was obvious that Kim was terrified.

14 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

So who were the guys trying to take the money? Maybe I missed it.

I think just random criminals who were tipped off by someone in the cartel who saw the Salamanca twins take out a shit ton of cash. For a second I thought the guy who made the call was that cartel guy from Breaking Bad who 

Gets taken out by the federales after Hank gets shot due to Gus's machinations.  

But I doubt it, I think he was just some random guy. 

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think just random criminals who were tipped off by someone in the cartel who saw the Salamanca twins take out a shit ton of cash. For a second I thought the guy who made the call was that cartel guy from Breaking Bad who 

Hide contents

Gets taken out by the federales after Hank gets shot due to Gus's machinations.  

But I doubt it, I think he was just some random guy. 

Juan Bolsa has no reason to move against the Salamancas.

13 hours ago, SeanF said:

Juan Bolsa has no reason to move against the Salamancas.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. but then they could always give him a reason if they wanted. I don't think it was him though. 

I thought it was not the best plot move to have the cousins drop off the money and not at least stick around to see that Jimmy gets out of the desert.  The cartel may be arrogant, but it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have anyone at all to keep an eye on things until Jimmy brings the $ to the court house. 

12 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought it was not the best plot move to have the cousins drop off the money and not at least stick around to see that Jimmy gets out of the desert.  The cartel may be arrogant, but it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have anyone at all to keep an eye on things until Jimmy brings the $ to the court house. 

I'd have thought stealing from the cartel is one of the stupidest things anyone could do.  Lalo and the cousins are the last people I'd want to offend.

Hmmm, looking ahead at episode titles:

Episode 9: Bad Choice Road

Jimmy tries to return to business as usual; Kim takes stock of her life.

Episode 10: Something Unforgivable

Jimmy and Kim make a sideways move that takes a serious turn; Nacho gets closer to the cartel.

I note there was an episode called Something Stupid (included a sequence with a cover of the Frank and Nancy Sinatra song by that name) in season 4.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

I'd have thought stealing from the cartel is one of the stupidest things anyone could do.  Lalo and the cousins are the last people I'd want to offend.

Yeah, but half a dozen people tried it anyway, and if not for the senior citizen with the golf bag, they would have gotten the money and Lalo's lawyer would be dead.  I thought it was very unrealistic the way they had the cousins just leave like that. 

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, but half a dozen people tried it anyway, and if not for the senior citizen with the golf bag, they would have gotten the money and Lalo's lawyer would be dead.  I thought it was very unrealistic the way they had the cousins just leave like that. 

Ok, look at it a little differently.  Lalo was betrayed by someone at his count house. A place with tens of millions of dollars present all the time. He had to be think he could trust the people working there since they handle hundreds of millions of dollars for him. He knows his cousins wouldn't betray him. I don't see why he would assume that his money would get stolen when the people involved could do it at any time. Plus, all involved know what happens if you rob the cartel.

To me the issue is how did Gus know where this drop was and when it was going to happen? Nacho wouldn't know because Lalo only told Saul about it, unless I am forgetting a scene?

11 minutes ago, dbunting said:

To me the issue is how did Gus know where this drop was and when it was going to happen? Nacho wouldn't know because Lalo only told Saul about it, unless I am forgetting a scene?

I'm guessing if Saul were to check his gas cap he'd find a GPS device in there. 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

I'm guessing if Saul were to check his gas cap he'd find a GPS device in there. 

Indeed. Before ditching the car, Mike removes the license plate and then the gas cap from the car, stowing them in a bag. 

On 4/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, The Monkey said:

So who were the guys trying to take the money? Maybe I missed it.

I have seen people suggest they were someone of the people at the chop shop that cousins visited to gather the money.

Archived