Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

On 4/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, Consigliere said:

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in Saul's office or car to determine how much money he had. Saul's office is in a strip mall and he drives a caddy because that is what fits who he is. He had the corner office, partner track and fancy German car at D&M and could have had that again at HMM - he rejected it both times because that is not who he is.

Plus, we see him doing alright with his legal practice, he’s splitting housing costs with Kim, he already does not need to keep driving the piece of shit that got left in the desert. He already doesn’t need to be working out of the nail salon. He’d just rather buy his flashy outfits than that stuff

On 4/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, Consigliere said:

Yeah, Kim has broken bad and gone overboard now. She had a legitimate reason to harbour anger towards Howard but has gone too far. Nobody is denying that. 

Anyway, this was following on from the claim upthread that Howard never did her any wrong and only tried to help her. That's not entirely true. 

Agree, to a point.  I'd forgotten how long Kim had to spend laboring in the stacks.  

On 4/23/2020 at 1:06 PM, Cas Stark said:

Am I the only one who has wondered why BB Saul isn't more prosperous, now that we see his back story of being more involved w/the cartel than what most probably thought and having a clearer idea of who and what Mike is capable of?  BB Saul drives an old car and has a crappy mini mall office that is full of the typical low life, petty criminals that we would expect from an ambulance chasing, sleazy attorney.  This doesn't quite square with someone who rep'd Lalo Salamanca and knows some of Mike's secrets, how did he never make bank in those years with any of the cartel relationships?  

I think this is going to be one of the main threads of the last season, I'm sure. I'm rewatching Breaking Bad now. In the season 2 episode Saul gets introduced in, when Jesse and Walt kidnap Saul, he says "did Lalo send you? Ignacio did it, it was Ignacio!" Lalo's coming for Saul and Nacho, and Saul isn't going to be a friend of the cartel anymore (though he does also claim to be a friend of the cartel in Spanish, which they nicely linked up with in this season of BCS).

Otherwise, I agree that Saul doesn't parade his wealth in the BB days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived