SpaceChampion

Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

Lalo actually has a lot of information. He knows about the chicken farm, he knows about a major excavation and large concrete walls needing to be poured. He knows Mike is someone high up in Gus' organization. If he was to keep following Mike he will find the laundry place and equipment and figure out whats being built there. 

Yeah but Lalo already knows that Gus is involved in illegal activities. He knows Gus is getting some of his meth from local cooks. In fact Bolsa told Gus to do just that when he thought moving it across the border was too risky. It's really only the scale of this construction project that should set off alarm bells if someone in the cartel is really thinking about it. Just because Gus is doing secretive illegal construction work doesn't really suggest he's trying to pull one over on the cartel or the Salamancas specifically. 

13 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah but Lalo already knows that Gus is involved in illegal activities. He knows Gus is getting some of his meth from local cooks. In fact Bolsa told Gus to do just that when he thought moving it across the border was too risky. It's really only the scale of this construction project that should set off alarm bells if someone in the cartel is really thinking about it. Just because Gus is doing secretive illegal construction work doesn't really suggest he's trying to pull one over on the cartel or the Salamancas specifically. 

Looking at it from the cartels POV yes. But this is a Salamanca POV we are seeing and they didn't like Gus, Hector hated him. It's not a stretch to think Hector communicated his views on Gus to his family, and by doing so making them suspicious of him.

3 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Oh yeah, that’s true. Maybe he died offscreen at the pool party.

I'd think if Lalo died at the pool party Gus would have mentioned it when taunting Hector as he did about the death and killer of Hector's grandson Joaquin.

Also he's clearly been invented for this show so it stands to reason he'll be killed onscreen. By Mike or maybe even Nacho. Lalo was just a name when they were making Breaking Bad. The only question is when he'll die. It could be that he's alive and putting pressure on Saul during the timeframe of the first couple Breaking Bad seasons. 

I'm still hoping for some overlap between BCS and at least the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad. Saul was Emilio's lawyer after all and he gets off unexpectedly offscreen during the first episode of Breaking Bad. 

I probably haven't been watching the finale carefuly enough, but why exactly did Lalo start following Mike? He was watching the Los Polos Hermanos premises when the guys went looking for Werner and the next thing I remember is he's watching Mike at the money transfer point and starts following him. Isn't it a bit too smart?

He was watching the LPH factory and followed Gus when he left in a hurry to go talk to some old guy in a parking lot. Lalo decided that Mike might be up to something interesting if Gus needed to see him so urgently.

Edited by Morpheus

8 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Yeah, you’re both right. I guess I’m overthinking Saul’s line from BB. It wouldn’t be too hard for Vince Gillen to kill Lalo off without Saul learning about it.

More interesting is exactly how Lalo will cross paths with Saul in the first place, it always felt to me in BB, that discovering Walt and his 40 lbs of meth was his big break, he wasn't making much money until then, and that he never knew Gus, everything was through Mike.  So, that might be an interesting story they come up with.

I'm guessing this will be an AMC movie in a similar vein to that of the recently announced "walking dead" films? 

It's good news for the actor who plays Jesse (although it hopefully doesn't clash with his "westworld" role). I'd have had reservations about continuing the breaking bad story but I felt the same about Better call saul and that show has been excellent so I have a lot of faith in this venture too.

13 minutes ago, Ran said:

Money.

VG can get money for probably anything he wants, or did you mean AMC?  BCS is much, much better than I thought it would be, but a bad Jesse story would be 100x more terrible.

If he's got an idea that he thinks merits making, I'm willing to give it a go.  Better Call Saul sounded like a terrible idea and has worked wonderfully, IMO.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

Money.

Given that Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have both been very good to great shows, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he makes something shitty. 

Edited by briantw

8 minutes ago, briantw said:

Given that Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have both been very good to great shows, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he makes something shitty. 

I insist that Jesse gets a good ending.  No dying.  No going to prison.  Since this is very unrealistic, and VG himself has said in the past he doubts Jesse gets away....I'm sad if my happy ending is destroyed by a new show.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I insist that Jesse gets a good ending.  No dying.  No going to prison.  Since this is very unrealistic, and VG himself has said in the past he doubts Jesse gets away....I'm sad if my happy ending is destroyed by a new show.

I could possibly tolerate a dire ending for Jesse if he sacrifices himself to preserve the true love between Skinny Pete and Badger.