Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

Loved the little things in last nights episode. The opening was just a bit weird but still cool as hell. I liked the way when Jimmy set the empty beer bottle on the hand railing how she kept looking at it, like she knows it's not safe there and that's who he is, someone who does those things where she is someone who would have put it back from the ledge. Then of course after she has her issue with the guy at the house she doesn't just put it on the ledge she throws it right over.

Also, $7950. Cuz, why not $7950?

The Mike is a badass scene was a little much though, I think I would have liked it more if he had taken a beating. Could've shown him picking the fight just to get a beating since he feels so bad about the German guys death, would've made more sense to me.

Is this the final season?

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

The Mike is a badass scene was a little much though, I think I would have liked it more if he had taken a beating. Could've shown him picking the fight just to get a beating since he feels so bad about the German guys death, would've made more sense to me.

Agreed on that one.

5 minutes ago, akh said:

Is this the final season?

One more season.

5 minutes ago, akh said:

Agreed on that one.

I was fine with it, though I think it would have worked better if it was one other guy or two at most, not four or five. There's too many of them to not convince themselves they can get him, the way it's presented.

The highlight of the season so far was Nacho's dad confronting his son about the business buyout. "Nice to meet you!"

+1 on the Mike scene being a bit much. Especially after all those whiskeys. 

I wonder if this will be the last normal season. It's already starting to feel a lot more Breaking Badish. I feel like by the end of this season his relationship with Kim will be over, and Nacho and Lalo could be gone and we could be pretty close to the start of Breaking Bad. The final season could be all Gene, or take place concurrently with Breaking Bad. 

I'm not watching much of anything anymore so if there is a better acted, directed, and shot show that this airing right now can someone let me know what it is? Previous fav show was Succession s2. 

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I wonder if this will be the last normal season. It's already starting to feel a lot more Breaking Badish. 

I have felt that way ever since the end of the Chuck storyline. 

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Nice to see Barry Corbin pop up in this one. I loved Northern Exposure back in the day. 

I wonder if the revival is still in the works. It's been quiet for about a year now.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:32 PM, Cas Stark said:

Yes, Lalo is a good villain, a nice mix of charm and menace.  I'm glad they're only doing 1 more season after this, and my guess is that given the affection Gilligan seems to have for Jimmy, that he will somehow end up closer to a Pinkman new start redemption  than a Walt flameout.  But I could be wrong.  I'm over Kim. She's too fucking compromised, how many crimes and offenses that would get her disbarred is she up to now?  Being better than Jimmy is not really much of a standard.

I like Kim.  I like the fact she is basically decent but not a girl scout.

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

When Walt and Jessie kidnap Saul, who was it he thought sent them? I keep thinking it was Nacho?

He thought Lalo sent them, tried to blame Nacho for whatever he thought was getting him killed. 

59 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I like Kim.  I like the fact she is basically decent but not a girl scout.

Her participation in the various frauds against Chuck to save Jimmy was a 'do not cross' line for me, sure he was an asshole, also mentally ill and also right about Jimmy all down the line.  Their actions led to his suicide, IMO.  

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Her participation in the various frauds against Chuck to save Jimmy was a 'do not cross' line for me, sure he was an asshole, also mentally ill and also right about Jimmy all down the line.  Their actions led to his suicide, IMO.  

The problem I had with Chuck he was never even prepared to give his brother a chance;  and  despite the fact he was so much more successful, he resented him because his mother liked Jimmy better.

Just now, SeanF said:

The problem I had with Chuck he was never even prepared to give his brother a chance;  and  despite the fact he was so much more successful, he resented him because his mother liked Jimmy better.

True.  A tragedy all the way around.  Chuck would never believe in Jimmy, and yet, Jimmy always proved him right.  Chuck never believed in Jimmy and this refusal to credit him the ability to change helped ensure he never would and yes Chuck could never get over his resentment of how much more likable Jimmy is.  A beautifully crafted family dynamic.  But, I am just not prepared to forgive Jimmy and Kim for the final gut punch to Chuck.  I understand most people don't agree w/me on that.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

True.  A tragedy all the way around.  Chuck would never believe in Jimmy, and yet, Jimmy always proved him right.  Chuck never believed in Jimmy and this refusal to credit him the ability to change helped ensure he never would and yes Chuck could never get over his resentment of how much more likable Jimmy is.  A beautifully crafted family dynamic.  But, I am just not prepared to forgive Jimmy and Kim for the final gut punch to Chuck.  I understand most people don't agree w/me on that.

I can understand that, too.  

I think that there is a small part of Kim that enjoys being dishonest and pulling scams.  It will probably be her downfall, in the end. 

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I can understand that, too.  

I think that there is a small part of Kim that enjoys being dishonest and pulling scams.  It will probably be her downfall, in the end. 

What happens to Kim and Nacho are the big mysteries since neither appear in BB.  I hope Nacho gets out, he feels very much like BCS version of Jesse Pinkman, a decent enough guy who made some bad decisions, fewer bad decisions than Jesse, but still, and is now trapped.  What they ultimately do w/Kim I really have no idea, it could be tragic or not, she could give up law, move away, anything can happen there.

31 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

fewer bad decisions than Jesse

Hmm I dunno about that. They both got into the meth business but at different levels. Like I don't get the impression Jessie was a party to murder before he met Walt, where as for Nacho and Tuco it's a matter of course. (remember the story about that guy Tuco shot for no reason and part of his skull was still lodged in Nacho?) Yeah most of that was probably Tuco, but I get the impression if Nacho was told to kill someone he would. and don't forget he asked Mike to kill Tuco for him rather than solving that problem some other way. 

As I recall Jessie never participated in killing anyone other than in self defense. He wasn't involved in the prison shanking or anything like that. But I might be forgetting something. 

Archived