Better Call Saul -- Season 4 Better Get Emmy

SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, The Monkey said:

I don't know, I would hate if they did the "kill the workers"-twist. It's way too obvious, plus would have all their preparations of making the location of the lab unknown unnecessary. 

Whatever company/organisation the Germans are working for also ought to have some preparations in place to dissuade the criminals they work with from murdering them when the job is done.

I don't care if it's obvious or not, but I agree that they're probably associated with Madrigal and (at least in my conception) it would be more trouble than it's worth to kill them all.  That doesn't seem Gus' style anyway (cartel poisoning notwithstanding).

48 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Interesting the turn they had Kim take this week.

Jimmy may not be honest with himself, but Kim is not being honest with herself, either. She has the Mesa Verde account because Jimmy broke the rules. Now she's using Mesa Verde to partner with the ones who defended the Sandpiper scammers of the elderly, and saying this gives her time to help people. It's a contradiction.

Kim has been dealing with the guilt of destroying Chuck's reputation since immediately after "Chicanery."  Recall her conversation with the Mesa Verde rep immediately after.  His death obviously compounded that guilt, and I think her measured response is very realistic - making motions that make us think we're atoning, but not willing to do the full bore.

2 hours ago, The Monkey said:

I don't know, I would hate if they did the "kill the workers"-twist. It's way too obvious, plus would have all their preparations of making the location of the lab unknown unnecessary. 

Whatever company/organisation the Germans are working for also ought to have some preparations in place to dissuade the criminals they work with from murdering them when the job is done.

I think the fact Kai was acting like such a dick suggests the workers have no concept of the danger they are in.

There's also the simple fact that the workers know such a place has being built. It's a dangerous loose end to leave with so many human variables at play.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I don't think the workers are from Madrigal. If Madrigal had people that could do this kinda work in secret Gus would have just used them, not gotten an estimate from that first guy. 

I think the chief engineer is safe and possibly madrigal but the others are workers doing a strange job for a lot of money.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I think the fact Kai was acting like such a dick suggests the workers have no concept of the danger they are in.

There's also the simple fact that the workers know such a place has being built. It's a dangerous loose end to leave with so many human variables at play.

Yeah, but killing a bunch of Germans and having them go missing forever might cause even more trouble.  Meh, I'm open to where this goes, but I'm not feeling it.  I just don't find the mechanics of building the lab very engaging.  

4 hours ago, red snow said:

I think the chief engineer is safe and possibly madrigal but the others are workers doing a strange job for a lot of money.

But if he's Madrigal why did they bring in that first guy (the french drug tunnel digger) who did not get the job? Wouldn't you try to use "in house" people first?

At this point I don't think any of them are safe, but I also don't think that there are plans to kill them all when this is done either. Kai is obviously going to sleep with the fishes but I believe he will be the only one.

Maybe it's just that we're so used to Mike being called "Mike" but the lead worker guy calling him "Micheal" twice really stuck out. To the point that it made me think that he will be the "problem dog" Mike will eventually have to take out behind the shed after having bonded with him a bit.  

Edit: Though there could be some nepotism involved on the german end. If Kai is a relative of the foreman that could also work essentially the same. 

14 hours ago, red snow said:

I think you might be conflating his role in "revolution" with his BB backstory?

I wonder if Kai will make it past the next episode? I'm surprised Mike didn't have him kicked out instantly? That said I'm getting a "kill the workers who build the tomb" vibe up this whole set up. I don't think any of them are actually getting out alive.

Close, I figured it out though, it was bugging me so I had to think it out. His character in Revolution was an insurance salesman before it all happened (I liked that show for a while, then it went off the rails a bit). I was thinking of the character Daniel Salazar from Fear the Walking Dead. His backstory was that he was an interrogator from Chile or Argentina?

I enjoyed the episode. Fring was being brilliantly evil with his just wanting Hector well enough to realise he's suffering. I'm also warming to the German engineer. Kai is still on a suicide mission though.

It's sad to watch things fall apart between Kim and Jimmy and how it seems it finally went south when Jimmy refused to get help.

Loved the cop saying "seriously?" When Jimmy suggested he may have mistaken Huwell for someone else.

I guess it needs to start getting around to some pay off after a few episodes of build up though

Yes, we need some payoff.

Jimmy at the party was SO Jimmy, he refuses to help himself.  He could have reminded everyone how smart he is...instead, he comes off as a scumbag no license lawyer asshole.

I didn't love Huel loosing his cool like that or acting like an irrational baby who wants to go on the lam.  

I don't see that Kim is going to be able to keep doing criminal law pro bono and run the banking division, it's as if she learned nothing from her accident, she is driven to drive herself into exhaustion, although I'm not sure the show intends me to see this as a pathology on her part, instead of her being torn as to what she really values.

19 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Wonder what Kim is up to with all those supplies?

Just guessing but since the other cases she cited with no jail time involved defendants with no priors I'm guessing she's planning to paint Huell as a reformed model citizen somehow. She was buying stuff kids would use to write with right? Maybe have him join the Big Brother program or something similar and lie and say he's been doing it for years?

Nice opening sequence, nothing happened or was spoken and yet everything was shown and advanced the show forward 6 months. Seems pretty clear that Kim is done this season based on how she is separating herself from Jimmy.

It was great to see Kim catch Jimmy in his b.s. She tells him to back her and not let Huell leave and he is like, yeah ok sure. She knew right then he wasn't going to back her and this is the kind of thing that ends the two of them, she knows his tell. Also liked her reaction to finding out he was selling phones on the streets instead of the store where he is suppose to be, she is seeing that he will never change no matter what's at stake.

18 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

it's as if she learned nothing from her accident

I'm not sure about that - part of her (stated) argument for "taking" the job was to have a staff that can help her manage Mesa Verde to free her up more than one paralegal.

Archived