The books coming out in 2019

AncalagonTheBlack

9 hours ago, D_P said:

Yay!!!!!!!  I just bought prisoner of limnos so that is perfect timing.  I've read these all recently and I will be moving on to the novels very soon. 

Prisoner of Limnos was one of the best. The Chalion novels are also excellent.

• 4 months later...

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms will be published first time ever in paperback in the U.S. in February 2020:

https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Seven-Kingdoms-Song-Fire/dp/1101965886/

Key Selling Points from the Edelweiss catalog:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1101965886

NEW HBO GAME OF THRONES SERIES ANNOUNCED: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON, a prequel series based on Fire & Blood. And now that prequels are on everyone’s mind, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms offers the perfect chance to read the first three official prequels Martin ever wrote.

IN PAPERBACK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE U.S.

TARGARYENS ARE ALL THE RAGE: With the #1 New York Times bestselling Fire & Blood, Martin gave readers a deep dive into Targaryen history. A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms takes place when the Targaryens were still in power and the future Targaryen king was just a young, anonymous squire.

CONNECTIONS TO FAVORITE CHARACTERS: Egg, one of the protagonists, is actually Aegon Targaryen, who will someday become King Aegon V, the Unlikely…and Daenerys’ great-grandfather. And as Martin once told fans, Ser Duncan the Tall is the ancestor, fittingly, of the towering Brienne of Tarth. Readers will also gain youthful glimpses of some of the older players in A Game of Thrones, such as Ser Barristan Selmy and Maester Aemon.

FABULOUS ILLUSTRATED PACKAGE: The book is exclusively illustrated by acclaimed artist Gary Gianni, featuring 160 black-and-white line drawings throughout.

MASSIVE BESTSELLER: The hardcover of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms spent multiple weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.

I believe this one was mentioned long ago on this board, presumably when some article mentioned it was being written. Well lo and behold, Christopher Paolini, author of “blockbusting” Eragon fame, is back. Only this time he’s doing Sci-Fi!

https://www.tor.com/2019/11/19/tor-books-to-publish-a-new-science-fiction-novel-from-eragon-author-christopher-paolini/comment-page-1/

During a routine survey mission on an uncolonized planet, xenobiologist Kira Navárez finds an alien relic that thrusts her into the wonders and nightmares of first contact. Epic space battles for the fate of humanity take her to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and, in the process, transform not only her—but the entire course of history.

This sounds suspiciously similar to “While on routine hunt young farmhand finds an alien rock that thrusts him into the wonder and nightmares of dragonriding”

Of the acquisition, Tor Vice President and Publisher Devi Pillai remarks, “The opportunity to publish authors of Christopher Paolini’s caliber do not come along often. I have been a tremendous fan of The Inheritance Cycle, and I am thrilled to work with him on his first adult novel and first foray into science fiction. I can’t wait for his fans to read #TSIASOS and enter the amazing world he has created.”

Ummmmmm....

Paolini elaborates, “This book is my love letter to the genre of science fiction. With it, I wanted to capture the sense of wonder I feel when looking at the stars…or when thinking about the future of humanity as it expands beyond Earth. I’ve been working on this story for over six years, and I can’t wait for people to read it!”

So, how many almost verbatim passages will he be ripping out of sci-fi classics, and which classics will he choose?

eta: sorry, clarification, this is due for release 2020 but i will leave it for @Jussi or @AncalagonTheBlack to do as they usually kick off with a nice substantial post rather than this fluff. I kindly request this gets copied over though, for the :lol:

Got a new release for my United States of Monsters book, Brightblade on both Kindle and audible:

https://www.amazon.com/Brightblade-Morgan-Detective-Agency-Book-ebook/dp/B07YZTYSWN/

M.L Spencer released the first book in her sequel to the Rhenwars Saga with Chains of Blood.

https://www.amazon.com/Chains-Blood-Chaos-Cycle-Book-ebook/dp/B07ZV691JV/

On 11/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, Jussi said:

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms will be published first time ever in paperback in the U.S. in February 2020

@Jussi - it's not in paperback where you already? 'Cause I'm holding a copy of it in my hands, in paperback, right now, over here in Kangaroostan. Did a different publisher get the rights to it over in the Land of 1,000 Lakes and only secure hard cover rights until recently?! 

(Also: Jussi like the one I met via back when I visited Helsinki in 2003? Or different Jussi?)

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

@Jussi - it's not in paperback where you already? 'Cause I'm holding a copy of it in my hands, in paperback, right now, over here in Kangaroostan. Did a different publisher get the rights to it over in the Land of 1,000 Lakes and only secure hard cover rights until recently?! 

(Also: Jussi like the one I met via back when I visited Helsinki in 2003? Or different Jussi?)

Jussi’s post is about paperback in the U.S

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I think American books come out in hardback first, while here in Australia, books generally go straight to trade paperback and then the smaller mass market paperback. Just a different in publishing strategy, I guess.

Archived