The relationship between Sansa and Robert Arryn

honorable men

2 minutes ago, Unacosamedarisa said:

Robert Arryn is 8 years old. His infatuation with Alayne is yet to develop any sexual aspects. So, there's no sexual tension between the two... just an infant's clumsy attempts at affection. 

8 year olds feel something, I think. (Who remembers lol) Think about Hey Arnold, Helga is 9 and got that whole gum shrine thing going. Then again thats not asoiaf or real life, just a Nicktoon.

He says theyre going to get married and keeps nuzzling at her breast, theres something going on. The feelings are one sided, Sansas not in love

3 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

He says theyre going to get married and keeps nuzzling at her breast, theres something going on.

Yes, he's looking for a replacement mother... remember, he was still breastfed when he was 8 years old. He was treated as an infant by his mother, and has not developed beyond that infantile state. It was a big part of he and Lysa's characterisations. As he himself asks..

He cuddled close and laid his head between her breasts. "Alayne? Are you my mother now?"

5 minutes ago, Unacosamedarisa said:

Yes, he's looking for a replacement mother... remember, he was still breastfed when he was 8 years old. He was treated as an infant by his mother, and has not developed beyond that infantile state. It was a big part of he and Lysa's characterisations. As he himself asks..

Thats true. Makes you wonder abour his relationship with Lysa (gross)

He swiped at his runny nose with the back of his hand. "Tell Mya I am going to stay abed. Perhaps I will come down on the morrow, if I feel better. Today is too cold out, and my head hurts. You can have some sweetmilk too, and I'll tell Gretchel to bring us some honeycombs to eat. We'll sleep and kiss and play games, and you can read me about the Winged Knight."

Its all very strange stuff

On 8/16/2018 at 9:23 PM, honorable men said:

Is it me or and I'm reading into the sexual tension between the two?

To me it is just creepy. Sansa sort of grooming Sweetrobin while she herself is being groomed by LF. Creepy af.

I think Sansa is in denial - she wants to throw Sweetrobin out of the Moon Door after his mother.

However, that would bring her into conflict with LF's plans, and as yet she depends on him too much. So for now she has to play LF's game, and pretend to the world (herself included) that she likes the snotty little needy clingy grumkin.

30 minutes ago, Lady Winter Rose said:

Anyone noticed Lysa wanted Sansa and Sweetrobin to marry? They are cousins and I never heard a single objection based on that potential union, at leasts not in the books.

First cousin marriages are not unusual in Westeros (eg Tywin & Joanna Lannister)

In many places on earth it is legal, though it can become a health problem in small endogamous communities

Seven hells, no. There is no sexual chemistry between them.

However, Robin is becoming more and more dependent on Sansa/Alayne, It is naive infatuation mixed with the need of someone protecting him like his mother did. On the other hand, Sansa does care about him even though he is infuriating child. She is far better in mothering Robin than Lysa ever was. 

I would not be surprised to see him survive the series. In this book series, the weaker they are...

1 hour ago, Lady Winter Rose said:

Anyone noticed Lysa wanted Sansa and Sweetrobin to marry? They are cousins and I never heard a single objection based on that potential union, at leasts not in the books.

It is a cultural thing. I see you come from Croatia. For us (I come from Serbia), marriages between first cousins is unimaginable. We even use terms "brother/sister by uncle" to emphasize how close we are. But, in Medieval Europe and in Westeros, these marriages are OK.

Robert is the only one in the Vale that loves Sansa for Sansa, fake bastard or not. He gives her sloppy kisses, nuzzles her breasts and purposes marriage. He's been far more intimate with her than her husband, Tyrion, and has no qualms with making the Lannister a cuckold. Strong Robin has already laid claim to Sansa in his own way when he sneaked into her room, cuddled next to her and wet her bed. When he finds out that Harry the Arse is not only to trying to steal the Vale from him, and that he also is planning on stealing his girl he's going to call for Harry's head or send him flying

21 hours ago, shameeka said:

I think Robert's infatuation with her is symptom of Oedipus complex. He is seeing Sansa as a mother figure, but he's a lot more obsessed with her than normal.

There is a bit of a Freudian vibe.... When SR looks at Alayne, he sees the face and figure of a younger and more beautiful Lysa. If she marries someone else, he loses her; if she marries him, he keeps her forever. Maybe a coincidence, but this shows good lordly instincts too. He feels under threat from Harry, and the lords and Littlefinger, but if he can win Littlefinger's beloved daughter to his side, he's got a chance of turning the odds.

From Sansa's side, it's all a bit disturbing and uncomfortable, and keeps her awake at night. And this is very good! When the bad times come, all her instincts have been to go to her soft featherbed, hide under the covers and sleep and sleep until it's all over. Sweetrobin is someone who wakes the dreamer, which puts him in the same category as Jojen (waking Bran) and Sandor (waking Arya). A true friend.

Archived