Which Lady regent most interests you?

Shrykos

Apologies if I've made up the term Lady Regent, it sounds more unusual the more I say it.                      However, which woman who lead a (non-royal) house as a regent would you be most interested in learning more about? For me, Joanna Lannister would be very fascinating to learn more about. Her achievement of throwing the Iron Born out of the Westerlands and bringing House Lannister back to its former glory sound like a good story indeed. 

14 minutes ago, StormQueen said:

Apologies if I've made up the term Lady Regent, it sounds more unusual the more I say it.                      However, which woman who lead a (non-royal) house as a regent would you be most interested in learning more about? For me, Joanna Lannister would be very fascinating to learn more about. Her achievement of throwing the Iron Born out of the Westerlands and bringing House Lannister back to its former glory sound like a good story indeed. 

Danelle Lothston, Lady of Harrenhal. We know that during the reign of Maekar Targaryen she practiced black magic, which eventually led to the extinction of her House. Plus there have been some pretty disturbing rumors about her. 

9 hours ago, EloImFizzy said:

Danelle Lothston, Lady of Harrenhal. We know that during the reign of Maekar Targaryen she practiced black magic, which eventually led to the extinction of her House. Plus there have been some pretty disturbing rumors about her. 

Was Countess Bathory, sorry Lady Lothston a regent? I assumed she ruled in her own right. 

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I’m intrigued by Rohanne Webber. How did someone of her lowly station, and chequered history of multiple previous husbands, end up marrying into the prestigious House Lannister.

I don't think that is much of a mystery. He was one of her suitors in "the Sworn Sword" and by the time he married her he was already established as Lord Lannisters and a widower if I recall. He would have had the wherewithal to marry whoever he pleased. Webber probably had left a good impression and her station wasn't that lowly. It does seem likely that she had not been able to hold on to her seat. 

Though she as well ruled by blood not as regent. 

Actually apart from Lysa Arryn, Barbrey Dustin and of course Cersei I can't think of any other ladies acting as regents. And Dustin is questionable whether she would count as a regent. There would also be lady Hornwood though hers is the same situation as Barbrey's and briefly Cat. Are the Hornwood and Dustin cases some particular custom in the North? 

Lady Rohanne was courted by rather prestigious men, and Gerold Lannister only did not claim her because power at his brother's court was more promising to him than ruling a smaller seat as lord husband to a ruling lady. But Rohanne wasn't a bad match, not even for a younger son of Casterly Rock.

Lady Dustin is a lady in her own right. A dowager lady, true, but she rules Barrowton in her own right.

Archived