New Elimination Game, 2

honeyed chicken

On 8/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, The EnglishBear said:

I feel we're veering quite strongly in favour of female leads

On 8/20/2018 at 7:11 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’d still vote Lotr but I’m fine with anything just let it staaaaaart already!!!! :commie: 

Sounds good.

We have a ton of suggestions already so I'll compile here. Please vote for the 30 you'd like to see on the list.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jessica Jones 

Agent Carter 

Veronica Mars 

Xena the Warrior Princess

Prime Suspect (the original, UK one, with Helen Mirren) 

The Good Place

Dietland

Sharp Objects

Supergirl

Damages

Weeds

Murphy Brown

Cagney and Lacey

Silent Witness

iZombie

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Wynonna Earp

Jane the Virgin

Ugly Betty

Desperate Housewives

Fringe

Sanctuary

Blindspot

Lost Girl

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

Golden Girls

Orange is the New Black

True Blood

Alias

My So-Called Life

Homeland

Revenge

La Femme Nikita

Nikita

Orphan Black

Felicity

Timeless

Killing Eve

Marvelous Mrs Maisel

The Handmaid's Tale

Big Little Lies

Dollhouse

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Outlander

I Love Lucy: The Lucille Ball Show

Bewitched

The Good Wife

One Day at a Time

I Dream of Jeannie

How to Get Away with Murder

Scandal

The Crown

Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce 

Westworld (? some could argue)

Sex and the City

GLOW

Dark Angel

Once upon a time

PLL 

Gossip girl 

Charmed 

The 100

Gilmore Girls 

Fuller house

Powerpuff girls 

Ally McBeal

Charlies Angels

Laverne and Shirley

Scream Queens

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Veep

Wonder Woman

Madam Secretary

Penny Dreadful

Call the Midwife

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Parks and Rec

Girls

I hope I have weeded out the repeats. Is that all (unofficial count: 56!)? Any last minute nominees? Speak now or the train will leave the station without you! ;)

You have Big Little Lies twice. But you left out GLOW. So it's still the right number of shows.

There's also Feud. At least season 1, which focused on Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Anyone seen it? I listed a bunch of shows I've heard of but haven't seen, and some I have but don't really like (Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives, Felicity, Revenge...).

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  2. Jessica Jones 
  3. Veronica Mars
  4. Agent Carter  
  5. The Good Place
  6. Dollhouse
  7. My So-Called Life
  8. Prime Suspect 
  9. Dietland
  10. Sharp Objects
  11. Damages
  12. Homeland
  13. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
  14. iZombie
  15. La Femme Nikita
  16. Killing Eve
  17. Westworld 
  18. The Handmaid's Tale
  19. Big Little Lies
  20. Outlander
  21. Xena the Warrior Princess

Dark Angel, Blindspot and Alias are in the "maybe" category.

There's a bunch of shows on the list that I've been meaning to check out but have got to time to... like Fringe, Orphan Black, Orange in the New Black, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, GLOW (which I may be starting to check out soon), so I may change my mind by the time voting gets underway.

Haven’t seen them all, but I’m aware how big/culturally impressive some of them are and will include those in my list

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jessica Jones 

Veronica Mars 

Xena the Warrior Princess

Prime Suspect (the original, UK one, with Helen Mirren) 

Sharp Objects

iZombie

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Wynonna Earp

Jane the Virgin

Ugly Betty 

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

Golden Girls

Orange is the New Black

Orphan Black

Felicity

Killing Eve

Marvelous Mrs Maisel

The Handmaid's Tale

Big Little Lies

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Outlander

I Love Lucy: The Lucille Ball Show

Bewitched

Penny Dreadful

How to Get Away with Murder

Scandal

The Crown

1   Bewitched
2   Big Little Lies
3   Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4   Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
5   I Dream of Jeannie
6   I Love Lucy: The Lucille Ball Show
7   iZombie
8   Jane the Virgin
9   Jessica Jones 
10   La Femme Nikita
11   Marvelous Mrs Maisel
12   Nikita
13   Orange is the New Black
14   Orphan Black
15   Revenge
16   Sex and the City
17   Sharp Objects
18   The Crown
19   The Good Place
20   The Good Wife
21   The Handmaid's Tale
22   Weeds
23   Xena the Warrior Princess
24   Ally McBeal
25   Charlie's Angels
26   Laverne & Shirley
27   Scream Queens
28   The Mary Tyler Moore Show
29   Veep
30   Wonder Woman

The ones at the end are additions to the list :) 

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

The Good Place

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Jane the Virgin

True Blood

^ These are the only ones I actually watched and can say I know them, so I vote for them so at least I am going to have something to vote for/against.

Was there not something called Gilmore Girls? I don't know that one either, but the title seems female-oriented to me at least.

Also, I vote that we divide this topic into "comedy" and "serious" or something. There are quite enough candidates to make two games with 20 or so participants. And it is just weird to pit, for example, Handmaid's Tale against The Good Place.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, I vote that we divide this topic into "comedy" and "serious" or something. There are quite enough candidates to make two games with 20 or so participants. And it is just weird to pit, for example, Handmaid's Tale against The Good Place.

We don't have enough comedies for that, there are about 3 times more dramas on that list.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I agree putting comedies against dramas is a little weird, but Annara has a good point.

33 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

We don't have enough comedies for that, there are about 3 times more dramas on that list.

I would not know. Somebody else would have to divide the shows as I'm unfamiliar with most of them.

That said - there are so many we could do two complete sets of 30 each and when we have whittled each group of 30 down to 15, combine them. We've done something like that in the past and it worked out ok

Does that sound OK - or just take the 30 most popular in one list?

25 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I agree putting comedies against dramas is a little weird, but Annara has a good point.

I would not know. Somebody else would have to divide the shows as I'm unfamiliar with most of them.

That said - there are so many we could do two complete sets of 30 each and when we have whittled each group of 30 down to 15, combine them. We've done something like that in the past and it worked out ok

Yes, I remember this being done with some games - a qualifications round, so to speak. I don't remember what the rules were.

7 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

7 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Then maybe just limit the game to dramas and only include these?

I kind of hate the qualifications and finals and multiple rounds of the same game, so I would rather play with smaller categories (don't see why playing with, say, 10 candidates to begin with is a problem at all) and play a few shorter unrelated games.

Ooh how did I forget Parks and Rec?! Ugh, this is a tricky list to narrow down. Much as I dislike the qualification EG it may be needed.

I've already refrained from adding stuff like the Americans just to try and narrow it down a bit. 

But I added Penny Dreadful into my list because that is definitely a show with a female lead, and you know, I'm rather obsessed still :P

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is another.. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ooh how did I forget Parks and Rec?! Ugh, this is a tricky list to narrow down. Much as I dislike the qualification EG it may be needed.

I've already refrained from adding stuff like the Americans just to try and narrow it down a bit. 

But I added Penny Dreadful into my list because that is definitely a show with a female lead, and you know, I'm rather obsessed still :P

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is another.. 

Good grief! The list keeps growing - and how did I forget Call the Midwife - all those nights when I was washing dishes as some poor woman screamed her lungs out on the TV in the living room (with Mrs. Chicken watching)? ;)

Buck, I'm with Helena on this one - I don't see how we can not have an extra round.

Archived