Crackpot Theory: Snarks originated the Common Westerosi Tongue

Angel Eyes

8 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

Snarks, along with grumkins, are part of the Westerosi mythology.

I know that, but I am wondering what the theory is and what it is based on.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:26 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Everyone speaks Snark. Except for Damphair and Victarion.

What do you mean? Do you mean that the Snarks invented the Common Tongue and then taught it to the humans of Westeros? If so, why do you believe this? Is there any evidence for it, or anything suggesting that it could be true? And why would specifically Damphair and Victarion be speaking another language? Surely, if Damphair and Victarion speak another language, Asha would do that as well (and all the other Ironborn characters). She is also Ironborn, and logically people of the same region would speak the same language. Besides, I have never read anything suggesting that the Ironborn speak a different language than the Common Tongue.

17 hours ago, Adam Targaryen said:

I know that, but I am wondering what the theory is and what it is based on.

What do you mean? Do you mean that the Snarks invented the Common Tongue and then taught it to the humans of Westeros? If so, why do you believe this? Is there any evidence for it, or anything suggesting that it could be true? And why would specifically Damphair and Victarion be speaking another language? Surely, if Damphair and Victarion speak another language, Asha would do that as well (and all the other Ironborn characters). She is also Ironborn, and logically people of the same region would speak the same language. Besides, I have never read anything suggesting that the Ironborn speak a different language than the Common Tongue.

I don't think @Angel Eyes is being 100% serious with us.

2 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

I don't think @Angel Eyes is being 100% serious with us.

Me neither, yet if I'm not wrong it's not allowed to post joke threads that are just nonsense. I might be wrong, but I think that people have had their threads removed for lacking substance or meaning before, so I just want to make sure whether this thread is just a joke/nonsense thread or whether it has some meaning. If it's just a nonsense thread and if there is a rule or guidelines against those, I expect the moderators to do their work.

Archived