Suggestions for must reads?

Davjos

I think we can all agree the forum has become a tad disappointing. This has awoken a desire in me to read older, classic topics and theories. So I invite the most knowledgeable, most experienced member of this beloved forum: link your favourite discussions, your pet theories, the classics below. I’m looking for comments/discussions the old school guys thoroughly enjoyed. 

I know ‘A compendium if theories’ exists and if this post is too similar, I’m sorry. I am not looking just for theories though. Thank you for the suggestions! 

Edit: please refrain from posting your crackpots that you deem under appreciated. Although interesting, I’m looking for topics considered a must read for everybody by you. 

I really learned a lot from posts by sweetsunray:

These threads opened my eyes to the complexity of the literary hints that GRRM has built into the books. I am not terribly knowledgeable about mythology, so that background here was also helpful to me. I knew that GRRM had been a screenwriter for the tv series Beauty and the Beast, but I didn't realize how richly he had drawn on that story for the many bear / maiden fair allusions in the books, as well.

4 hours ago, Davjos said:

I think we can all agree the forum has become a tad disappointing. This has awoken a desire in me to read older, classic topics and theories. So I invite the most knowledgeable, most experienced member of this beloved forum: link your favourite discussions, your pet theories, the classics below. I’m looking for comments/discussions the old school guys thoroughly enjoyed. 

I know ‘A compendium if theories’ exists and if this post is too similar, I’m sorry. I am not looking just for theories though. Thank you for the suggestions! 

Edit: please refrain from posting your crackpots that you deem under appreciated. Although interesting, I’m looking for topics considered a must read for everybody by you. 

"Learning to Lead", all iterations. Re-read sub. Awesome superb reading. 

For any fan of Sansa, Pawn to Player series is a must read. Even if you disagree with what people said there, the level of analysis and amount of work is very pleasing to behold.

Many of the re-read projects are excellent. The Jon and Dany ones especially.

Archived