Will Arya end up marrying Jon?

honorable men

49 minutes ago, honorable men said:

After all he died for her.

He is in love with her but I doubt they will get together as humans.  They will both die and become direwolves.  They can then mate to their heart's content.  They will be together in the future and live on as mates but perhaps not in their human form but during their second lives.  

4 minutes ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

He is in love with her but I doubt they will get together as humans.  They will both die and become direwolves.  They can then mate to their heart's content.  They will be together in the future and live on as mates but perhaps not in their human form but during their second lives.  

She's 9 and he was raised thinking she is his sister. Even if they're just cousins, it'd be unhealthy to have that kind of interest in a girl her age, so I can't imagine him being 'in love' with her. 

If someone doesn't defeat the Others, even animals are likely to die- just one reason why a Jon/Arya wolf relationship in unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, dmfn said:

She's 9 and he was raised thinking she is his sister. Even if they're just cousins, it'd be unhealthy to have that kind of interest in a girl her age, so I can't imagine him being 'in love' with her. 

If someone doesn't defeat the Others, even animals are likely to die- just one reason why a Jon/Arya wolf relationship in unlikely. 

It was his feelings for Arya that caused Jon to betray the watch.  That feeling will live on in his direwolf form.  All they need do is wait for her to die as a human and she can take on the direwolf form.  They can live and mate together as wolves.

'long-faced and gawky, all knobby knees and sharp elbows, with her dirty face and tangled hair'
ADWD, Jon VI.

'
Gods of my fathers, protect these men. And Arya too, my little sister, wherever she might be. I pray you, let Mance find her and bring her safe to me.'
ADWD Jon VIII

'Arya was always quick and clever, but in the end she's just a little girl'
ADWD Jon VIII

'Wherever he might send her, though, Arya would need silver to support her, a roof above her head, someone to protect her. She was only a child.'
ADWD Jon IX

She looked enough like Arya to give him pause, but only for a moment. A tall, skinny, coltish girl, all legs and elbows, her brown hair was woven in a thick braid and bound about with strips of leather. She had a long face, a pointy chin, small ears.
ADWD Jon IX

I am about to save four thousand of your free folk. You owe me this one little girl.
ADWD Jon XI

Yeah. Jon clearly thinks of Arya as anything but his young, helpless little sister. He clearly finds her very attractive. 

Call me crazy but I don't think Jon will marry or sleep with anyone he's related too. If Jon takes another lover I think it will either be Val or Satin or both, as they are loyal to him and he has made it clear how attractive he believes them both to be on more than one occasion in his head.  I think It would be very creepy if Jon's feelings for Arya are more than platonic seeing as the last time he saw her she was his 9 year-old "little sister."

7 hours ago, dmfn said:

He's not. He loves her very much, as his little sister. It's so Martin... to make the best big brother - little sister relationship in the books be one that's not between actual siblings. Just like have real siblings - and twins! - in the most toxic and nasty relationship ever. Brilliant. Again, same thing with having the embodiment of chivalry and knightly honour be the defining traits of Dunk and Brienne, who are not "actual" knights. 

8 hours ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

I really wish people wouldn't use the forum as a place to write their fan fiction. 

1 hour ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I really wish people wouldn't use the forum as a place to write their fan fiction. 

What disturbs me is that there are internet individuals who do not understand (know/comprehend) familial love.

Archived