U.S. Politics: Covfefe Boys

Martell Spy

In case anyone was wondering... Trump's line on the Cohen case is apparently that the campaign finance violations to which Cohen pleased guilty, on the advice of his lawyer, a plea accepted by the prosecution lawyers and the judge, were, er, not actually a crime.

No, seriously.

Why let a little thing like the law dictate what's illegal? 

9 minutes ago, mormont said:

In case anyone was wondering... Trump's line on the Cohen case is apparently that the campaign finance violations to which Cohen pleased guilty, on the advice of his lawyer, a plea accepted by the prosecution lawyers and the judge, were, er, not actually a crime.

No, seriously.

Why let a little thing like the law dictate what's illegal? 

Every Republican seems to agree, a day which should have dropped the floor out from the Trump presidency is being treated, at least publicly, like any other. BFD is their answer to the one-two punch, not that there is much else they could do aside from turning on Trump and actually pursuing justice.

Perhaps those people chanting "Lock her up" were talking about Ivanka?  Or...Hope Hicks?  Both are a little further down the list of people I want to see in jail, but then, I don't mind being thorough. 

15 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Well, they could just hire the best criminals. However, the taste in ostrich jackets argues against that.

Not much of a witch hunt if real criminals are being tried and convicted. Apparently Trump wants criminals running free. Which is rather strange since he is so eager to enforce minor crimes against undocumented workers.

Again, we’re in opposite land. Trump ran on law and order, so of course he promotes lawlessness in his own personal circles.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/us/politics/trump-manafort-cohen-mueller.html?

“I think impeachment is now squarely going to define the midterms,” said Rob Stutzman, a Republican strategist who has been critical of Mr. Trump. “It’s inescapable now that Democrats can legitimately raise that issue.”

He added, “There’s a lot of Republican members of Congress sitting in tough districts that are going to have to really think hard about how they’re going to finesse this in the days ahead.”

What makes it harder for Republicans, he said, is that this did not emerge from the Mueller inquiry. “This isn’t something from the deep state,” he said. “This is a classic B-team type of bumbling screw-up of covering up mistresses.”

And, he added, “It’ll be very hard to distance the president. You would assume that there’s legitimate evidence that the president was aware that those invoices were not for services rendered. You already have the one tape.”

Brian Walsh, a former spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said that it was too early to say whether this would damage the president, but he noted he is already suffering with suburban voters.

“I think the president’s most ardent supporters will continue to defend him with blinders on, but to any neutral observer watching this, it’s impossible to believe that Cohen would engage in this conduct without his client signing off on it or at least being aware of it,” he said.

“I think many will take a wait-and-see attitude,” he added. “What it does is serve as another tremendous distraction for Republicans running for re-election and already facing tough political headwinds. Every day that Republicans are being asked about legal questions surrounding the president is a day they’re not delivering the message they want to be delivering on the campaign trail.”

Especially those in WV and VA, who evidently are particularly susceptible to being duped blind by vicious con men crook nazis from NYC. 

How fracking many crooks within which the orange nazi is snugly, comfy nested -- and it's Hillary they scream to be "locked up."  This is the sort of insanity unreasoning hatred and racism bring about, and the whole damned country is infested. I kept thinking of that deranged ex-marine/missionary on tape in Uganda screaming and howling his insanity at these innocent Ugandans in hotel while he alternated tries to beat them and kiss them.  How fracking insane is this anyway?  I kept thinking of him too the whole time I was in the theater watching Spike's BlacKkKlansman.  The ex-marine and these cray cray KKKers from the 70's talked just the same.

15 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

More likely that Fox News escalates the Mollie Tibetts story.  The story already captured the hearts of most Americans.  Now that the accused is an illegal Mexican immigrant, it'll be used by both sides for political reasons.  It's hard to fathom how the left will be able to use it to their advantage, somehow they will.  :(

Er what? First, this story was on next to nobody’s radar. Second, only the right is politicizing it. Third, they are doing so to inflame racial tensions while distracting their base from the fact that Trump’s campaign manager and personal lawyer are both going to jail. Fourth, the latter has implicated Trump in a crime. And finally, accusing the left of trying to politicize this without evidence while the right is actively doing so shows that you are not able to have an honest, above board conversation in the realm of politics.

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Perhaps those people chanting "Lock her up" were talking about Ivanka?  Or...Hope Hicks?  Both are a little further down the list of people I want to see in jail, but then, I don't mind being thorough. 

Nobody cares about evil Bond girl prototype Hope Hicks. They were calling for Kellyanne’s head, though I suspect they’d settle for Huckabee’s!

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I don't hold a strong opinion on Hope Hicks, with regards to Ivanka however, I want to see the entire Trump Klan behind bars, including Kushner. Given the sleaziness of them at this rate I wouldn't be too surprised if Barron Trump was running a human traficking operation.

Dupes are calling into the talk show here discussing the results of these trials, mad as hell and ain't gonna take it no more -- Cohen's made it all up to save his ass, poor orange nazi's not a lawyer so he didn't know, and so the eff what -- at least half the callers are on that wavelength, and that's here in Blue Country.

15 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Er what? First, this story was on next to nobody’s radar. Second, only the right is politicizing it. Third, they are doing so to inflame racial tensions while distracting their base from the fact that Trump’s campaign manager and personal lawyer are both going to jail. Fourth, the latter has implicated Trump in a crime. And finally, accusing the left of trying to politicize this without evidence while the right is actively doing so shows that you are not able to have an honest, above board conversation in the realm of politics.

Forget it, Tywin, it’s Trumptown.

What the Craziest News Day of the Year Means for Trump

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/cohen-and-manafort-news-what-does-it-mean-for-donald-trump.html

What’s happened now is that Cohen has been prosecuted. There will be no further prosecution of him. So a Democratic Congress would be free to give him immunity and force him to testify without jeopardizing any criminal prosecutions, because it has already been done.

42 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Honestly, how many times has it been said that today is the worst/craziest/most unprecedented day in Trump’s presidency? I feel like I see it every few weeks.

What I can say though is that someone absolutely had a worst day than Trump yesterday.

TL;DR, never ever keep a power drill in your pants…..

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Honestly, how many times has it been said that today is the worst/craziest/most unprecedented day in Trump’s presidency? I feel like I see it every few weeks.

What I can say though is that someone absolutely had a worst day than Trump yesterday.

TL;DR, never ever keep a power drill in your pants…..

Every FEW weeks? 

You don't watch a whole lot of news do you Mr. Wayne?

Trump, working hard to promote sleaze, lawlessness, Russian oligarchical interests, racial and gender discrimination, propaganda,  dishonesty, nepotism, and unhinged followers.

i hope he doesn’t pick a war with any other state to distract and wind up his base; it’s bad enough that he is targeting his own citizens, as well as  freedom of the press.

There Aren’t Enough Chef’s Kisses in the World for This Hannity Monologue About Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen

https://slate.com/culture/2018/08/there-arent-enough-chefs-kisses-in-the-world-for-this-hannity-monologue-about-paul-manafort-and-michael-cohen.html

Boy, Sean Hannity seems to be mad about something Tuesday night! He’s gasping for breath like he’s swimming the individual medley, he keeps raising his voice, his sentences go on great soaring flights of fancy without landing anywhere near an argument, and there’s an unruly tuft of hair sticking out of the side of his head that makes him look like a great horned owl that’s taken up amphetamines:

2 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

There Aren’t Enough Chef’s Kisses in the World for This Hannity Monologue About Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen

https://slate.com/culture/2018/08/there-arent-enough-chefs-kisses-in-the-world-for-this-hannity-monologue-about-paul-manafort-and-michael-cohen.html

I'd like to speak up for horned owls everywhere, and particularly horned owls that have taken up amphetamines.  You, sirrah, are out of line.  Owls are dignified, SILENT fliers, who hoot important and weighty information in a dignified manner.  Even if amped up.

They aren't even w/in a race track mile of telling the truth in their utterly obvious attempt to repress black voting:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/georgia-county-close-polling-places-access_us_5b7c7484e4b07295150dbaf3

Officials in a majority-black Georgia county accused of trying to close almost all polling places to make it harder for black people to vote claimed last week that the locations couldn’t be used because of accessibility problems for people with disabilities.

But Randolph County doesn’t have a single recent report, analysis or document supporting the idea that it needs to close seven of its nine polling places due to accessibility issues, a lawyer for the county told HuffPost on Tuesday in response to a public records request.

HuffPost requested records from the county dating back to March 1, 2018. The county hired Michael Malone, an outside elections consultant now pushing for the closures, on April 2. But according to the county, it has no written record of evidence to back his recommendations.

“There is no document, report or analysis studying the handicap accessibility of polling places in Randolph County and the cost of fixing them within the time frame specified in your open records request,” Hayden Hooks, an attorney with the firm Perry & Walters, which represents Randolph County, wrote in an email. The county has no record of such a document in the past year, Hooks added.

The county’s admission “proves that their alleged concern about [Americans with Disabilities Act] compliance is a sham,” said Sean Young, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia, which has threatened to sue the county if it closes the polling locations. “This is not about ADA compliance, because if it were, they would have produced a study or analysis of what they believe are ADA violations and what can be done about them.”

And, who knew?  Breakin' da law ain't illegal!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-and-friends-cohen-manafort_us_5b7d4fc9e4b0cd327df86bde

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Er what? First, this story was on next to nobody’s radar. 

First, you lost all credibility after your main point.  If this story has just become news to you it only proves that you don't leave the flock very often.  Second, you stating that absolutely no one was aware of the story is completely asinine and only indicates a curious level of narcissism.  It's no less important because it doesn't matter to you.

She's been missing since mid-July and the news gravitated towards it because everyone hoped the cute and wholesome girl from Iowa would return.  

26 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I'd like to speak up for horned owls everywhere, and particularly horned owls that have taken up amphetamines.  You, sirrah, are out of line.  Owls are dignified, SILENT fliers, who hoot important and weighty information in a dignified manner.  Even if amped up.

Fun fact: Owls are actually rather stupid as far as birds go.

They have great PR agents though.

Archived