Why did George give daenerys everything

manchester_babe

38 minutes ago, Starkz said:

GRRM also has said in interviews how he’s against a foreign power going to other places and trying to institute changes. Slavers are not worse than Nazis and if anyone thinks that you need to go back to school. Robb was fighting for his family and a unified North with a Stark in Winterfell will be very important when the dead come, more important than a fight against slavery.

Slavers are worse than Nazis.  The masters have been doing this sadistic practice for over a thousand years.  They force people to fight for their own amusement.  Anybody with common sense would know that.  You're trying so hard to win an unwinnable argument that you end up making a fool of yourself many, many times on this one discussion alone.  But hey, argue whichever side you want.  That's your right.  Just know that I will point out when I disagree with you.  

5 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Robb and Ned weren’t fully aware of the threat at the Wall. Ned tried to do the right thing and was executed for it. Robb began fighting to free his father and sisters.

You don't use that argument when talking about Dany, though. She has no way of knowing what happens in Westeros right now. Ned knew what the right thing was - and he went to KL, anyway. Robb could have learned what was going on but he didn't listen. He never even tried to see the big picture.

Your family shouldn't be your most important concern if the survival of mankind is at stake.

1 minute ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

Slavers are worse than Nazis.  The masters have been doing this sadistic practice for over a thousand years.  They force people to fight for their own amusement.  Anybody with common sense would know that.  You're trying so hard to win an unwinnable argument that you end up making a fool of yourself many, many times on this one discussion alone.  But hey, argue whichever side you want.  That's your right.  Just know that I will point out when I disagree with you.  

Your comparing gladiator fights... to Nazis... who’s the fool? 

Just now, Lord Varys said:

You don't use that argument when talking about Dany, though. She has no way of knowing what happens in Westeros right now. Ned knew what the right thing was - and he went to KL, anyway. Robb could have learned what was going on but he didn't listen. He never even tried to see the big picture.

Your family shouldn't be your most important concern if the survival of mankind is at stake.

Use what argument? That Dany doesn’t know what’s happening at the Wall? I don’t think I’ve ever said anything about her going to the Wall. I’ve don’t recall myself ever saying anything about her not knowing anything about Westeros besides the fact that it might be an obstacle for her.

22 minutes ago, Starkz said:

I didn’t say Jon would take over Winterfell. He can reclaim it for the Stark name for Rickon or Sansa. Jon can integrate the Wildlings into Northern society also. He’s already began it by marrying Alys off.

Yeah marrying off a proud noblewoman to a savage war-chief who can barely speak a smattering of the common tongue. That will surely win over the hearts and minds of the lords of northern province of the seven kingdoms snark. Rickon is dead far as Jon knows and most know. Sansa is now much a lanister as she is Stark and is lost. Even if she were around the Ironthrone can still cite  her being proof their claim to winterfel. Centuries of rape and brutalizations aren't things a people could get over, it takes a long time, they're not going to immediately start seeing the wildlings as anything but savages come to steal their women(which they freely admit), and murder their subjects(which they've boasted), and a drain on their already scarce resources just because Jon snows uber-progressive and would want that. seriously one doesn't have to look that far back in history to know migrating a large scale population into a another country can and often does creat a sever uproar by the native population.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yeah marrying off a proud noblewoman to a savage war-chief who can barely speak a smattering of the common tongue. That will surely win over the hearts and minds of of northern province of the seven kingdoms snark. Rickon is dead far as Jon knows. Sansa is now much a lanister as she is Stark and is lost. Even if she were around the Ironthrone can still cite  her being proof their claim to winterfel. Centuries of rape and brutalizations aren't things a people could get over, it takes a long time, they're not going to immediately start seeing the wildlings as anything but savages come to steal their women(which they freely admit), and murder their subjects(which they've boasted), and a drain on their already scarce resources-seriously one doesn't have to look that far back in history to know migrating a large scale population into a another country can and often does creat a sever uproar by the native population.

Time will tell how the North adapts. Having a common enemy is one of the best ways to bring people together.

1 minute ago, TheMiddleHero said:

How much death and destruction have slavers caused? Do we know? How does the amount of time in power equate to the immorality of their actions?

Have you ever gone to school? Research the Nazis. They experimented on children, raped and performed mass genoicde, and devastated  Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

1 hour ago, Starkz said:

GRRM also has said in interviews how he’s against a foreign power going to other places and trying to institute changes. Slavers are not worse than Nazis and if anyone thinks that you need to go back to school. Robb was fighting for his family and a unified North with a Stark in Winterfell will be very important when the dead come, more important than a fight against slavery.

47 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Not worse? Really? If you have some backing for the nazis mass-prostituting children, having world-renowned forced gladiator shows, and making soldiers like the unsullied I'd love to hear it.

FYI all the nobles are nazis in Planetos: they think they have a birthright, they make war on others lands, they kill people and they work them to death - which is what the nazis did.

10 minutes ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

They're both awful people.  The slave masters have been taking people's freedom and lives for far longer than the Nazis though.  And they would continue to do this unless they are stopped.  I would not support Stannis in the battle for Winterfell.  I do not feel the results justify the cost.  But I do support Daenerys Targaryen's battle for freedom because if there is a cause worthy of risking life for it is to help enslaved people become free.

Admins, please do not lock this thread.  The comments on both sides of the argument are getting aggressive but please be fair.  Do not take sides. 

9 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Your comparing gladiator fights... to Nazis... who’s the fool? 

So you think slavery is limited to the fighting pits.  The slave masters produce slaves like a factory with an assembly line for many uses.  Poor people who can't defend themselves are forcibly taken and then forced to labor for the benefit of the masters.  

12 minutes ago, TheMiddleHero said:

I have, have you? Do slavers not put their slaves through many of the same things?

No slavers don’t force their slaves into toxic showers or gas chambers or inject them with enzymes to force evolution or experiment on twins or children.   

4 minutes ago, Starkz said:

To all of the people I’m responding to, I’m not saying slavery isn’t a terrible thing but the Nazis were on another level.

Fair enough.  I do take as fact that George R. R. Martin made a comment (because I remember watching an interview on youtube) that he would have fought against the Nazis.  I think it is more than a fair assumption that he would also fight against the slave owners if he were a character in the story.  I would.  I would fight on Dany's team against the slave owners.  I would also fight against the Nazis if I had been alive back then.  I am also going to support the statement that the war against the slave owners is the most justified use of force in the story so far. 

Archived