Why did George give daenerys everything

manchester_babe

2 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Lead her people across the Red Waste, made Drogo respect her, capturing Yunkaii.

What would she achieve if she had dragons but no intelligence or bravery?

She had dragons for all of those things besides being with Drogo, whom she was married to. Vic has achieved things with his lack of intelligence.

3 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Lead her people across the Red Waste, made Drogo respect her, capturing Yunkaii.

What would she achieve if she had dragons but no intelligence or bravery?

:agree:

Being very smart and brave are her best qualities.  I knew Dany was going to be special after reading that scene where she rode her silver horse for the first time.  

2 hours ago, Starkz said:

She had dragons for all of those things besides being with Drogo, whom she was married to. Vic has achieved things with his lack of intelligence.

I guess I missed the scenes where Drogon lead everyone across the RW and planned the attack on Yunkai... 

And evidently, Dany "mounting" Drogo and acclimatising to Dothraki customs were meaningless page fillers because Drogo was going to respect his wife eventually anyway.

ETA: You didn't answer my question. Would Dany have gotten to where she is with dragons but no intelligence and bravery?

16 hours ago, Starkz said:

What has she achieved without dragons?

Winning Drogo + khalasaar over, ridding herself of Viserys, hatching dragon eggs, keeping the hatchlings safe, thriving and protected, freeing slaves of Yunkai, taking Mereen.

The only thing the dragons did was making the Astapori heist possible as pawns. Other than that they haven't really even been useful to her.

16 hours ago, Starkz said:

What has she achieved without dragons?

She survived abuse for years.

Yes, her dragons helped her through dangerous situations and got her to the point where she now is. 

But you could say the same for the Starks and their direwolves. Ghost saved Jon from the Wight attack in AGOT and helped him find the cache with dragonglass. Summer saved Bran from wights in ADWD, Nymeria saved Arya from the Bloody Mummers, Grey Wind fought in Robb's battles, etc.

6 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

I guess I missed the scenes where Drogon lead everyone across the RW and planned the attack on Yunkai... 

And evidently, Dany "mounting" Drogo and acclimatising to Dothraki customs were meaningless page fillers because Drogo was going to respect his wife eventually anyway.

ETA: You didn't answer my question. Would Dany have gotten to where she is with dragons but no intelligence and bravery?

I guess I missed the part where she didn’t have dragons when she did these things... she was going to be taken to Vaes Dothrak before she hatched her dragons and no one was planning on following her beforehand. Dany could still have achieved things if she wasn’t intelligent, I used Vic as an example whom isn’t the sharpest tool in the box who has still achieved things.

1 hour ago, Firefae said:

She survived abuse for years.

Yes, her dragons helped her through dangerous situations and got her to the point where she now is. 

But you could say the same for the Starks and their direwolves. Ghost saved Jon from the Wight attack in AGOT and helped him find the cache with dragonglass. Summer saved Bran from wights in ADWD, Nymeria saved Arya from the Bloody Mummers, Grey Wind fought in Robb's battles, etc.

I never mentioned the Starks but their direwolf saving them isn’t an achievement which is what we were discussing.

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Winning Drogo + khalasaar over, ridding herself of Viserys, hatching dragon eggs, keeping the hatchlings safe, thriving and protected, freeing slaves of Yunkai, taking Mereen.

The only thing the dragons did was making the Astapori heist possible as pawns. Other than that they haven't really even been useful to her.

She has a small group of Dothraki with her especially compared to what Drogo had before, and that is because she has dragons. Dany wouldn’t have taken any cities or freed anyone without dragons, or did you forget how she got her Unsullied and the Dothraki to follow her in the first place? Saying the dragons only helped in Astapor is hillarious. They’ve helped her do everything,  keeping power in Meereen, taking the free cities, leading Aegon, Dorne, and the Iron Islands to seek her out,  and soon she will gain more Dothraki because she has dragons and eventually she’ll be able to go to Westeros, because of her dragons.

48 minutes ago, Starkz said:

I never mentioned the Starks but their direwolf saving them isn’t an achievement which is what we were discussing.

Yes. But the Starks did use their direwolves for their own gain. Just like Dany uses her dragons.

Bran maybe never would've reached Bloodraven's cave without Summer. Dany never would've gotten out of the HoTU without Drogon, etc.

The heroes in our story definitely need some help and that's all the author has done. Otherwise, everyone will end up like Rob, 'the young wolf'. 

On the subject of Dany specifically. If I were 'building' her character, I'd put most of her points into charisma and will power. I believe those are her true strengths. I don't think it's entirely fair to criticise or even champion her intelligence. she doesn't have too much of that. Same for physical strength really. She has to rely on those around her for these traits. Not because she's 'not as good' as some other character. But because she's a child. She could grow into a very intelligent woman if she can keep that Targaryen rage in check. 

The dragons do give her an advantage. They also paint an enormous crosshair on her back. Jorah did save her life. but he also put it in jeopardy. Drogo did treat her well, but only once she'd basically conquered his heart. 

Reading comments from posters whom compare one imperfect character with another makes for a very droll read. Every character who's survived the series thus far has needed a dollop of luck. Tyrion, Brienne, Arya, Sansa, even the Hound! 

56 minutes ago, Firefae said:

Yes. But the Starks did use their direwolves for their own gain. Just like Dany uses her dragons.

Bran maybe never would've reached Bloodraven's cave without Summer. Dany never would've gotten out of the HoTU without Drogon, etc.

Ok... I never said otherwise both the direwolves and the dragons have saved their respective familiars. What I’m saying is the basis of all her achievements revolve around her having dragons.

1 hour ago, Starkz said:

She has a small group of Dothraki with her especially compared to what Drogo had before, and that is because she has dragons. Dany wouldn’t have taken any cities or freed anyone without dragons, or did you forget how she got her Unsullied and the Dothraki to follow her in the first place? Saying the dragons only helped in Astapor is hillarious. They’ve helped her do everything,  keeping power in Meereen, taking the free cities, leading Aegon, Dorne, and the Iron Islands to seek her out,  and soon she will gain more Dothraki because she has dragons and eventually she’ll be able to go to Westeros, because of her dragons.

LMAO your trolling is top notch babe.

37 minutes ago, Sigella said:

LMAO your trolling is top notch babe.

Not trolling it’s just facts. The dragons are her power and you’re all acting as though she’s some independent leader that doesn’t have nuclear weapons to thank for her success.

Edit: If you have proof otherwise provide it.

20 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Not trolling it’s just facts. The dragons are her power and you’re all acting as though she’s some independent leader that doesn’t have nuclear weapons to thank for her success.

Edit: If you have proof otherwise provide it.

Proof:

In Mereen the dragons were locked in a dungeon. How did they help from there? Drogon killing sheep and children certainly didn't.

The Dothraki stayed with her before the hatching. How are the eggs to thank for that?

I know I shouldn't reply and feed your trolling but I can't help myself when you make it this easy :D 

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

Proof:

In Mereen the dragons were locked in a dungeon. How did they help from there? Drogon killing sheep and children certainly didn't.

The Dothraki stayed with her before the hatching. How are the eggs to thank for that?

I know I shouldn't reply and feed your trolling but I can't help myself when you make it this easy :D 

Meereen was taken by an army Dany acquired because she had dragons, the majority of the Dorthraki that remained weren’t much of fighters and if I recall it was their duty to take her to Vaes Dothrak and only did they follow her and remain after she emerged from the flames, with dragons. 

Also I’m not saying she hasn’t done great things and doesn’t deserve credit for what she’s done, it’s just that it amuses me that many book readers that worship her believe she can do no wrong and treat her as though she is some sort of Goddess whereas in reality she has a lot of help and is very hypocritical.

2 hours ago, Starkz said:

Ok... I never said otherwise both the direwolves and the dragons have saved their respective familiars. What I’m saying is the basis of all her achievements revolve around her having dragons.

The only thing she achieved with her dragons is The Unsullied. But besides that? She won at Yunkai becauses of her own strategy, she didn't use dragons. Same goes for Meereen. She locked her dragons up in ADWD so everything she (tried to) achieve in Meereen she did without her dragons( except for flying outta there). Now, you can say she won at Yunkai and Meereen because of the events in Astapor where she used her dragons. But then you can say that about everything in this story. 

7 minutes ago, Firefae said:

The only thing she achieved with her dragons is The Unsullied. But besides that? She won at Yunkai becauses of her own strategy, she didn't use dragons. Same goes for Meereen. She locked her dragons up in ADWD so everything she (tried to) achieve in Meereen she did without her dragons( except for flying outta there). Now, you can say she won at Yunkai and Meereen because of the events in Astapor where she used her dragons.

But then you can say that about everything in this story. 

Her army that her dragons got her took Meereen and Yunkai, see the connections here?

That is rather what I am saying, everything she’s accomplished to this point is because of dragons.

She did almost acomplish peace in Meereen on her own, but her dragons or rather Drogon ruined that and now she’ll use her dragons to acomplish it.

9 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Her army that her dragons got her took Meereen and Yunkai, see the connections here?

That is rather what I am saying, everything she’s accomplished to this point is because of dragons.

She did almost acomplish peace in Meereen on her own, but her dragons or rather Drogon ruined that and now she’ll use her dragons to acomplish it.

Yes I know that. But she also wouldn't have achieved her victories in Yunkai and Meereen without her own skill. It's not just 'she has dragons. She also uses her own skills.

Archived