How bad do you think my top 20  sitcoms are?

Feologild

5 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Heads! Spikes! 

Also, can cartoons be sitcoms? 

I know but i make animated sitcoms\series on its own list. I have one list for live action and one for animation. I know other people don`t do it like that, but i prefer to have live action and animation on separate lists.

This is how it's done (admittedly from a U.S. POV ignorant of most foreign shows):

1. Community!!!!!!
  2. The Office (U.S.)
  3. Taxi
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. Titus
  6. Frasier
  7. Barney Miller
  8. Scrubs
  9. Arrested Development
  10. Night Court
  11. Cheers
  12. WKRP in Cincinnati
  13. All in the Family
  14. Good Times
  15. Welcome Back Kotter
  16. The Larry Sanders Show
  17. Sportsnight
  18. Malcolm in the Middle
  19. Soap
  20. 3rd Rock From The Sun

Still haven't seen but need to see Veep.

20 years ago Seinfeld would have been my #1 but while I still like it, it's shine has definitely worn off and once you know how each episode will tie together it gets less funny on repeated viewings.

I like Always Sunny but not in my top 20.

Brooklyn 99 still need to catch up on and determine how good I think it is.

Friends is ok but not in my top 20.

Seriously considered GLOW which is fantastic but only two seasons and it being so new, it needs more time to see if it holds up after some years and also, I'm not exactly sure it counts as a sitcom. Same thing with The Good Place.

If cartoons do count then The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, South Park, and Rick and Morty need to be somewhere between 10 and 20.

Don't tell me I forgot Archer or Bob's Burgers or Bojack Horseman, I just can't get into any of those.

My name is Earl, Raising Hope, Yes, Dear, The Big Bang Theory, Everybody Loves Raymond, Everybody Hates Chris, The Bernie Mac Show, Louie, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Mad About You, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, Car 54 Where Are You?, Roseanne, Undeclared, Freaks and Geeks, The Wonder Years, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, Three's Company, Sanford & Son,, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, The Middle, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Superstore, Love, Master of None, Silicon Valley, Everything Sucks, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Growing Pains, The End of the Fxxxing World, Mork & Mindy, Married...With Children, Murphy Brown, Becker, Coach, The Job, Diff'rent Strokes, Silver Spoons, Head of the Class, Alice, That 70's Show, Grounded For Life, There's Johnny!, and 30 Rock would round out my top 50...er...75...um...80...hmm...85?  :worried:

ETA:

Oops, forgot about Parks and Recreation, that should be at about #9, sorry 3rd Rock From the Sun :( you're still an awesomely funny show!

ETA 2:

If anyone cares -

My top 85 ranked including animated series:

Spoiler

1. Community!!!!!!
  2. The Office (U.S.)
  3. Taxi
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. Titus
  6. Frasier
  7. Barney Miller
  8. Scrubs
  9. Parks and Recreation
  10. Arrested Development
  11. Night Court
  12. Cheers
  13. WKRP in Cincinnati
  14. All in the Family
  15. Futurama
  16. South Park
  17. King of the Hill
  18. Rick and Morty
  19. Glow (it count?)
  20. The Good Place 
  21. Good Times
  22. Welcome Back Kotter
  23. The Larry Sanders Show
  24. Sportsnight
  25. Malcolm in the Middle
  26. Soap
  27. 3rd Rock From The Sun
  28. Mad About You
  29. Mork & Mindy
  30. 30 Rock
  31. The Job
  32. The Simpsons
  33. Moonlighting (it count?)
  34. Everybody Loves Raymond
  35. Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  36. The John Laroquette Show
  37. Seinfeld
  38. The Cosby Show
  39. My Name is Earl
  40. Modern Family
  41. Louie
  42. Raising Hope
  43. King of Queens
  44. Freaks and Geeks (it count?)
  45. The Middle
  46. The Goldbergs
  47. Everybody Hates Chris
  48. The Wonder Years
  49. The End of the Fxxxing World (it count?)
  50. The Bob Newhart Show
  51. Alice
  52. Everything Sucks!
  53. Superstore
  54. Newhart
  55. Sanford & Son
  56. Silicon Valley
  57. The Bernie Mac Show
  58. Love
  59. Master of None
  60. Undeclared
  61. Three's Company/The Ropers/Three's a Crowd
  62. Roseanne
  63. There's Johnny!
  64. Becker
  65. Grounded For Life
  66. Married...With Children
  67. That 70's Show
  68. Yes, Dear
  69. The Big Bang Theory
  70. The Odd Couple
  71. Friends
  72. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  73. How I Met Your Mother
  74. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
  75. The Dick Van Dyke Show
  76. Murphy Brown
  77. Growing Pains
  78. Head of the Class
  79. Coach
  80. Silver Spoons
  81. Diff'rent Strokes
  82. What's Happening?
  83. Car 54 Where Are You?
  84. I Love Lucy
  85. The Honeymooners

9 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I should have mentioned... when I grew up there was no such thing as cable tv, computers, or cell phones.... lol..... #ChristImAnOldFuck

Heh, I'm maybe not as old as you but I certainly remember before cell phones and the internet. And PCs were for rich  people. And if you wanted to see an old show, well, fuck you. Better hope it's on Nick at Night.

53 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

This is how it's done (admittedly from a U.S. POV ignorant of most foreign shows):

1. Community!!!!!!
  2. The Office (U.S.)
  3. Taxi
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. Titus
  6. Frasier
  7. Barney Miller
  8. Scrubs
  9. Arrested Development
  10. Night Court
  11. Cheers
  12. WKRP in Cincinnati
  13. All in the Family
  14. Good Times
  15. Welcome Back Kotter
  17. Sportsnight
  19. Soap

Scrubs and Malcolm in the Middle were funny!

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Seinfeld, It’s Always Sunny,Thick of It, Veep.

11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

arrested development

These are my favorites. Can watch Seinfeld, Arrested Development (first three seasons) or Always Sunny any time. They never get old to me. 

Struggled numbering them outside of my top 9 so rest are just there. And @Martini Sigil I will be your whipping boy because at #1 on my list is....

1. The Big Bang Theory. Been watching since it debuted and I can watch reruns over and over and still laugh.

2. Seinfeld, could have been my #1

3. That 70's show, seemed a lot like my childhood so it clicked w me.

4. The Wonder Years

5. Married with children

6. Cheers

7. Cosby show (Thursday nights was Cosby, A different world, Cheers then Night Court!)

8. M.A.S.H, this was before my time but watched reruns forever

9. Two and a half men

The rest in no particular order

Silicon Valley, Family Ties, Growing Pains, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, How I met your mother, Night Court, Sanford and Son, WKRP, Good Times, Friends, Everyone loves Raymond, Modern Family, King of Queens, Benny Hill, Threes Company, Different strokes.  I am sure there are some I am missing that I like more than these but brain dead right now.

9 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

1. Community!!!!!!
  2. The Office (U.S.)
  3. Taxi
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. Titus
  6. Frasier
  7. Barney Miller
  8. Scrubs
  9. Arrested Development
  10. Night Court
  11. Cheers
  12. WKRP in Cincinnati
  13. All in the Family
  14. Good Times
  15. Welcome Back Kotter
  17. Sportsnight
  19. Soap

Still haven't seen but need to see Veep.

20 years ago Seinfeld would have been my #1 but while I still like it, it's shine has definitely worn off and once you know how each episode will tie together it gets less funny on repeated viewings.

I like Always Sunny but not in my top 20.

Brooklyn 99 still need to catch up on and determine how good I think it is.

Friends is ok but not in my top 20.

Seriously considered GLOW which is fantastic but only two seasons and it being so new, it needs more time to see if it holds up after some years and also, I'm not exactly sure it counts as a sitcom. Same thing with The Good Place.

If cartoons do count then The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, South Park, and Rick and Morty need to be somewhere between 10 and 20.

Don't tell me I forgot Archer or Bob's Burgers or Bojack Horseman, I just can't get into any of those.

The Big Bang Theory, Everybody Loves Raymond, Louie, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Mad About You, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, Car 54 Where Are You?, Roseanne, Undeclared, Freaks and Geeks, The Wonder Years, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, Three's Company, Sanford & Son,, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, The Middle, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Growing Pains, Mork & Mindy, Married...With Children, Murphy Brown, The Job, That 70's Show, and 30 Rock would round out my top 50.

ETA:

Oops, forgot about Parks and Recreation, that should be at about #9, sorry 3rd Rock From the Sun :( you're still an awesomely funny show!

I would not say GLOW is a sitcom. I'd also not describe it as straight comedy either...maybe a dramedy

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Struggled numbering them outside of my top 9 so rest are just there. And @Martini Sigil I will be your whipping boy because at #1 on my list is....

1. The Big Bang Theory. Been watching since it debuted and I can watch reruns over and over and still laugh.

2. Seinfeld, could have been my #1

3. That 70's show, seemed a lot like my childhood so it clicked w me.

4. The Wonder Years

5. Married with children

6. Cheers

7. Cosby show (Thursday nights was Cosby, A different world, Cheers then Night Court!)

8. M.A.S.H, this was before my time but watched reruns forever

9. Two and a half men

The rest in no particular order

Silicon Valley, Family Ties, Growing Pains, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, How I met your mother, Night Court, Sanford and Son, WKRP, Good Times, Friends, Everyone loves Raymond, Modern Family, King of Queens, Benny Hill, Threes Company, Different strokes.  I am sure there are some I am missing that I like more than these but brain dead right now.

Sweet Sa, kill it with fire! :P

5 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

These are my favorites. Can watch Seinfeld, Arrested Development (first three seasons) or Always Sunny any time. They never get old to me. 

Seen the new tv trailer or sunny??? Looks great 

and I haven’t actually watched the latest season of arrested development yet 

1 minute ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Seen the new tv trailer or sunny??? Looks great 

and I haven’t actually watched the latest season of arrested development yet 

Only half the season is out so far. Not sure why Netflix is choosing to release it that way, but it’s annoying. The first half was kind of meh, except for Maeby’s parts which were pretty funny. 

Just now, Nictarion said:

Only half the season is out so far. Not sure why Netflix is choosing to release it that way, but it’s annoying. The first half was kind of meh, except for Maeby’s parts which were pretty funny. 

I actually liked 4 so I’ll do a slow rewatch of the whole thing and get to it that way 

Archived