Am I the only one, v. ... I lost count ... 4?

Count Balerion

Perhaps, I watched 1 once. You are not missing out. They will warp your mind bit by bit until you think the most bizarre things.

Am I the only one around here who feels bad for Olenna Tyrell's bodyguards? I mean to be referred to as Left and Right all the time?

Probably not. I think I'm more likely to say "Richard".

No one answered RB's question. I do feel mildly bad for them. Not in a sleep-losing kind of way; but it would get old. Although it's not the worst thing that happens to anyone in the story by any means.

Am I the only one who wouldn't have minded Sansa in Winterfell if it hadn't been so horribly mangled. Although the rationale in the show was also a tad dubious iirc. (The North had amnesia.)

No. I'm not terribly sure there's going to be a 999th or1,000th, partly because I daresay the Wall will be coming down presently, and partly because ....

Am I the only one who finds it doubtful that there have actually been 998 LCs? But then, I find all these millennia of history that are supposed to have passed to be dubious as well. At least in Middle-earth there are immortal elves and humans who live for hundreds of years; but i don't see dynasties lasting for several millennia, especially when what is reported to have happened could easily have happened in 2 or 3. Apart from things like the arrival of the First Men, which it makes sense would be of great antiquity.

Haven't really thought about it too much. I'm on my first read still(almost done with Dance) and with the first read you're still just kinda taking everything in.

Am I the only one who sorta feels bad for Stannis? Book Stannis, that is. He seems really messed up mentally.

Most people feel for Stannis in one way or another. He does seem to have a pretty outspoken fanbase here on these forums. But I would not say that he is really messed up mentally. Constantly living in the shadow of your older, more-likeable brother would suck, add on top of that, your younger brother is even more popular, and it would make a person bitter.

Am I the only one around here who has not really tried to get other people to read these books?

Archived