Jump to content
Ellard Stark

Will there ever be peace between the Lannisters and the Starks?

Recommended Posts

Or is it too far past the point of no return? A good way of ending the story is to really have Tyrion and Sansa stick to their wedding vows for the good of the realm. The War of the 5k will leave a lasting impact on the country. For a time.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I am not sure Tyrion and Sansa will end up together, depending on who among the Starks and Lannisters are left I'd say there is a good chance of peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on which Lannisters and Starks

The ones that hated the other family the most are dead from beheading, patricide on a toilet, or attending a wedding.

The remaining family members are all scattered everywhere...so you have to take each case individually.

 

Peace?

Tyrion - he'll probably make peace with all the remaining Starks before all the remaining Lannisters

Cersei - no, but its because she hates everyone

Jaime - probably would make peace with any of the remaining Starks if given a clean chance...esp Bran

Sansa - shes cool with Tyrion, but they'll never be together; definitely not cool with Cersei; maybe cool with new-Jaime if Brienne can vouch for him 

Bran - cool with Tyrion; probably not with Cersei; debatable if he would ever forgive new-Jaime

Arya - probably not with any of them, she has seen a lot of traumatizing stuff between the families at an early age...doesn't matter if the Lannisters that caused it are dead

Rickon - not sure if he is mature enough to understand the adult concept of peace and hatred

Jon - if alive, is cool with Tyrion; not cool with Cersei; with a new-Jaime...i'm genuinely not sure...50/50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Tyrion Lannister will become king and Sansa queen on the Iron Throne, Robert Arryn Tyrion's heir. Jon will declare as KITN and (eventually) march on their throne and basically win. Tyrion will die. Jon and Sansa will arrange the marriage between Arya stark (princess of the North) and Robert Arryn (King on the Iron Throne), and then all will kneel and accept Robert as king, consolidating the realm and setting it to peace.

Sansa will speak for the Westerlands and be considered not just a Lannister but the Lannister by the Westerlands themselves and so everyone else too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If an invasion of Ice Zombies doesn't force them to put their differences aside then I don't think anything will.

Also the remaining remembers of the main House Lannister may never even find peace with each other. Tyrion's mad at Jaime for his role in the Tysha plot and hates Cersei. Jaime is mad at Tyrion for killing Tywin and is mad at Cersei for sleeping with all the people Tyrion said she slept with. Cersei hates Tyrion and will not be pleased with Jaime when she finds out he ignored her summons. Lancel has all but abandoned House Lannister to join the Faith and starve himself to death. Genna may be the only one who is on decent terms with all the important Lannisters and she is technically a Frey,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Yes. Tyrion Lannister will become king and Sansa queen on the Iron Throne, Robert Arryn Tyrion's heir. Jon will declare as KITN and (eventually) march on their throne and basically win. Tyrion will die. Jon and Sansa will arrange the marriage between Arya stark (princess of the North) and Robert Arryn (King on the Iron Throne), and then all will kneel and accept Robert as king, consolidating the realm and setting it to peace.

Sansa will speak for the Westerlands and be considered not just a Lannister but the Lannister by the Westerlands themselves and so everyone else too.

I must have missed that book. When was it released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooner or later peace will come. Either because either House is destroyed or because a greater peace is enforced. In the latter scenario, the Starks and Lannisters have little connection with each other in the normal state of affairs so give two or three generations of peace and generally non-interaction and old wounds should have healed well enough for both to have accepted co-existance with the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of grudges held, the problem lies with the twins. Otherwise, I don't see the remaining Starks holding Tommen and Myrcela responsible for anything. 

A lot would depend on whether the Starks are in a position or have the desire to claim their legacy. For instance should Riverrun remain in Lannister hands this will be a source of further conflict. 

It truth, it is too vague a question to answer. A lot would depend on how the house turn out. If either Cersei or Jaime remain alive and influential in the affairs of house Lannister I doubt peace is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

In terms of grudges held, the problem lies with the twins. Otherwise, I don't see the remaining Starks holding Tommen and Myrcela responsible for anything. 

Maaaaybe Arya would be so far gone by the time she is out to kill anything and anyone named Lannister but I think that's reasonable to assume.

8 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

A lot would depend on whether the Starks are in a position or have the desire to claim their legacy. For instance should Riverrun remain in Lannister hands this will be a source of further conflict.

Lannisters holding the Rock and Riverrun would be a source of further conflict for a lot of other reasons, unless House Lannister "wins" by the end of the story.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

Maaaaybe Arya would be so far gone by the time she is out to kill anything and anyone named Lannister but I think that's reasonable to assume.

She tends to think in terms of personal responsibility. She would kill them without blinking for other reasons, but she wouldn't seek them out. By contrast she will eventually come for Cersei. Only death, hers or Cersei's would stop her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

By contrast she will eventually come for Cersei. Only death, hers or Cersei's would stop her. 

Insert The Terminator Theme here ]

8 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

She tends to think in terms of personal responsibility. She would kill them without blinking for other reasons, but she wouldn't seek them out.

Sure right now might not seek them out but who knows how she'll turn out down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ylath's Snout said:

Insert The Terminator Theme here ]

Sure right now might not seek them out but who knows how she'll turn out down the line.

She might also get over her prayer if she comes to feel secure. It is more about power than revenge. She started it because she felt a victim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be relectant but necessary peace but grudges last for a long time. I think it will result in long term dislike for each other like Dorne and the Reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once Cersie is dead, I think the surviving Starks and Tyrion can and would agree to peace.  The Starks do not care what happens South of the Neck, so they are not interested in the Iron Throne or Casterly Rock, as long as they are left alone, they will honor peace.  Jamie is the real wild card.  Do the Starks still demand justice for what he did to Bran, or will he do something to earn their forgiveness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×