Fantasy Football - Westeros Terminator League - Formerly Survivor

Bronn Stone

Yronwood Yronwon't be going any further.  Melvin Gordon went  bye.  Stafford is on the Matt.  Jameis can stay in his jammies.  Golden Tate can watch the Warriors.  TY can book a room at the Honolulu Hilton.  Keenan Allen is wrenched away.  The Patriots and Jacksonville defenses are no more.

9 teams remain.  No more combo weeks.  Single elimination from here on out.  Good luck everyone!

Bigger one on my part.  Kareem Hunt for Saquon Barkley.  Brian had too many guys on bye this week and was at too great a risk for elimination.  With Hunt, he spreads out the byes of his top two scorers (other being Luck).  In my case, I can get my RB1 bye out of the way now when there are more opportunities for another team to be the one eliminated.

Trades in this league have historically been rare.  Nice to see two in one day.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm actually surprised more people don't do bye swaps on fairly even players. This league is essentially a golf match. You're not playing against the field. You're up against yourself.

Yeah, made sense for me.  Both guys have pretty equal week to week ceilings.  Barkley has a bit higher floor imo but it's more or less a sideways swap.

I agree as well.   I like Barkley a little better than Hunt (fearing the Rookie Wall, but there sure is no hint of it yet).  And Week 12 byes for superstars are scarier when the league has fewer teams.  But I'm pretty sure without the deal, we'd be eliminating @briantw

Still might.  I understand the temptation of having the Raiders Defense against an UDFA QB.  And I expected Nate Mullens to be closer to Nathan Peterman than Dan Marino.  I didn't expect Oakland to be good, but wow.  Just wow.

Just now, Bronn Stone said:

Still might.  I understand the temptation of having the Raiders Defense against an UDFA QB.  And I expected Nate Mullens to be closer to Nathan Peterman than Dan Marino.  I didn't expect Oakland to be good, but wow.  Just wow.

Yeah, that move did not pay off.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I agree as well.   I like Barkley a little better than Hunt (fearing the Rookie Wall, but there sure is no hint of it yet).  And Week 12 byes for superstars are scarier when the league has fewer teams.  But I'm pretty sure without the deal, we'd be eliminating @briantw

Great, that's Gurley's bye week....

And it looks like I will get through the bye week of my top RB (now Saquon) by the hairs of @Mya Stone 's chinny-chin-chin

The timing of Gronk announcement was cruel, both here and in Experts.  I was at an operatic performance by @TheRedWoman

I couldn't bench Gronk until I knew but after he was announced out, options were MIGHTY slim.  Just getting the news was a challenge.  Her show was in a venue with poor cellular service and I had to refresh a half dozen times before the news came through.  All I could do was bench Gronk then and that took 10 minutes of hitting refresh every 20 seconds.

Harlaw Captains 68.66 + Jonnu Smith + Dallas D
Eyrie Mavericks 68.02

Not gonna bench those two - I think my chances are better that they'll combine for a positive score than my chances that a later scoring correction will affect the outcome.

All others are safe.

Just now, Bronn Stone said:

I really, really wanted Cam to get that.

Me too actually, as I started him in one of my money leagues, but I had McCaffrey in another money league and he had like 31 points so I'll take it.

It looks like we are down to Mudguard and Groz.  With Groz a strong favorite to survive.

Mudguard 83.16 - all players complete
Groz 75.66 + Odell Beckham, George Kittle

I suppose I should mention a longshot
JJ Lannister 83.76 + Sterling Shepard

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

It looks like we are down to Mudguard and Groz.  With Groz a strong favorite to survive.

Mudguard 83.16 - all players complete
Groz 75.66 + Odell Beckham, George Kittle

I suppose I should mention a longshot
JJ Lannister 83.76 + Sterling Shepard

With the way this fantasy season has been going, it's not that big of a long shot. He'll make a catch at the line of scrimmage, fumble, blow out his knee, and I will be out. 

I'm calling it out so hopefully it doesn't happen. There will be a large profanity filled rant if it does. 

18 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

With the way this fantasy season has been going, it's not that big of a long shot. He'll make a catch at the line of scrimmage, fumble, blow out his knee, and I will be out. 

I'm calling it out so hopefully it doesn't happen. There will be a large profanity filled rant if it does. 

And you just KNOW that if you per-emptively bench Shepard, one of your other players will have a scoring adjustment that costs you a point.

40 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Nah. I've got him running a lateral in the backfield and blowing out his knee. He drops the ball as he crumples to the ground.

Archived