Fantasy Football - Westeros Terminator League - Formerly Survivor

Bronn Stone

Farewell to Mudguard.

Patrick heads for Mahomes (!!!).  Devin has no more Fun-chess.  David Johnson is gone-son.  Big Ben chimed away from the bench.  Harrison got his Butker kicked.  James White is a Walker. And the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS defense provided the -3 that brought the others down. 

Usually not the case at this stage where someone with a pretty good score (and solid QB score + one top tier score from a RB/WR) is eliminated but it happened this week.  But nobody was truly bad this week so someone had to go.

Hard to argue with benching Ben for Mahomes, but it was fatal this time.

Seven teams remain.  We started with 13, so every team that survives the coming week is "above average".

With so many fantasy relevant players in tonight's game, a lot is still up in the air.  Only two teams are safe. The first two seem most likely at risk.

Qarth = 74.18 + Kareem Hunt
Horn Hill = 83.7 + Brandin Cooks
Casterly Rock = 87.72 + Josh Reynolds + Todd Gurley
Darry = 90.28 + Tyreek Hill + Travis Kelce
Castle Black = 98.78

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

With so many fantasy relevant players in tonight's game, a lot is still up in the air.  Only two teams are safe. The first two seem most likely at risk.

Qarth = 74.18 + Kareem Hunt
Horn Hill = 83.7 + Brandin Cooks
Casterly Rock = 87.72 + Josh Reynolds + Todd Gurley
Darry = 90.28 + Tyreek Hill + Travis Kelce
Castle Black = 98.78

Gonna be sweating this on out tonight for sure!

18 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

I think you're safe buddy. It's me, Qarth or Horn Hill and I think it's a straight toss up between the 3 of us. 

I'd probably rate it 44.9%, 44%, 1%, 0.1%, 10% from the top of my list down.

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Todd Gurley will save me!!!

Eh who am I kidding. He'll probably tear his ACL in the first quarter. 

Turns out Reynolds helped more than Gurley, which almost nobody but Josh's mom predicted.

Qarth it is.

Andrew ran out of Luck.  Kareem is no longer in the Hunt.  Baker May not field. Both Christians (Kirk, McCaffrey) are out while the Darry Lions roar on.  Matt is a Breida-smaid.  Turns out Groz is saved and Brian is out because of the Barkley-Hunt trade.  Sorry bout that chief....

And Brian can utter this phrase for the first time in human history, "If only I'd played Anthony Firsker at TE....."

Six teams remain and will finish in the upper echelon.  Qarth gets the "perfectly average award" for being the seventh team of 13 eliminated.  Game on!

Still some excitement tonight.  Fuentez and I are safe.

Casterly Rock = 85.34
Darry = 79.44 + Demaryius Thomas + Tajae Sharpe
Horn Hill = 77.92 + Keke Coutee
Castle Black = 67.40 + Texans Defense

Looking pretty bleak for the Watch and JJ's team.  I'd say 80%, 10%, .01%, 9.99%

Kyle Rudolph putting up seven catches and 63 yards after more than a few quiet weeks has Tywin sweating fewer bullets than he probably was at 8:00 EST.  He appears set to survive Gurley's bye week.

46 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Still some excitement tonight.  Fuentez and I are safe.

Casterly Rock = 85.34
Darry = 79.44 + Demaryius Thomas + Tajae Sharpe
Horn Hill = 77.92 + Keke Coutee
Castle Black = 67.40 + Texans Defense

Looking pretty bleak for the Watch and JJ's team.  I'd say 80%, 10%, .01%, 9.99%

Kyle Rudolph putting up seven catches and 63 yards after more than a few quiet weeks has Tywin sweating fewer bullets than he probably was at 8:00 EST.  He appears set to survive Gurley's bye week.

I’ve got a bad feeling about tonight. I can easily see both Thomas and Coutee catching a deep TD pass and given how bad Tennessee’s offense is, the Texans’ defense is likely to have a big night.

JJ is the one.  He fell just a bit short of catching Groz.

Aaron Rodgers, Greg Olsen, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd are all done.  This may be the first time in the history of Westeros Survivor League that a team was eliminated in a week in which their kicker threw a touchdown pass.  Of course, part of the problem is that his QB only threw one as well and all six of his RB/WR/TE combined for one TD reception and one rushing TD.

The Final Five are revealed.  Good luck to all.

There is still hope, but it's a longshot.

Groz = 80.60
Tywin = 63.48 + Eagles defense.

All others can cut down the nets and get ready for the Final Four.

Editing to add: I am bummed.  During the Rams game, I heard Malcolm Brown got hurt so I figured it made no sense to keep him as a flyer.  And I dropped him for Justin Jackson.  It appeared to complete on the mobile client but it seems it did not. 

Nothing to be done.

Sigh. I guess I have a chance going against a backup QB, but it looks like I'm toast. It's a shame because I've held the poll position for the entire season, but Brees laying an egg and my three WRs combing for 6.4 points was too much for Gurley's big day to overcome. 

I'll obviously be back for next season. 

Too much to overcome.  Overall leader, but out.  Survivor is a cruel mistress.  Truth be told, I'm thinking that the name of this league needs to change.  Survivor leagues have become a thing elsewhere since we first came up with the format.  I'm open to a name change.  Right now I'm leaning toward Terminator League because it isn't used by another format and gives the excuse to talk like Ah-nold.

Farewell to Casterly Rock.  The Kings are dethroned.  Drew Brees, Mike Evans and Todd Gurley are gone.  K. Rudolph gets to play no more reindeer games.  Taylor Gabriel has blown his horn.  Joe isn't Mixon any more.  Matt Ryan is cryin' from a bench.  A bench full of old Browns and Raiders is gone.

Four teams remain.  Good luck all.

Poop.

For the second time this season, a team scoring over 91 points is out.  And it is me.  A mediocre performance by Cam Newton and two WR combining for 0.50 (Tre' Quan, Golladay) managed to drag down good numbers everywhere else.

Using Jaylen Samuels at TE ahead of Gronk seemed like a good idea.  But it was the difference.

Three teams remain.  Good luck everyone.

Archived