Fantasy Football - Westeros Terminator League - Formerly Survivor

Bronn Stone

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Poop.

For the second time this season, a team scoring over 91 points is out.  And it is me.  A mediocre performance by Cam Newton and two WR combining for 0.50 (Tre' Quan, Golladay) managed to drag down good numbers everywhere else.

Using Jaylen Samuels at TE ahead of Gronk seemed like a good idea.  But it was the difference.

Three teams remain.  Good luck everyone.

The entire day yesterday, I kept thinking that I was going to be the one eliminated this week. Yahoo kept my projections around the mid 80's and they were a good 10 points behind everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Lord Lyman said:

The entire day yesterday, I kept thinking that I was going to be the one eliminated this week. Yahoo kept my projections around the mid 80's and they were a good 10 points behind everyone else. 

I thought so too. :)

Yesterday was full of holiday obligations and almost no Fantasy Football tracking.  I was rather surprised when I finally got home after the Bears game and learned I had lost.

3 hours ago, grozeng said:

Damn, almost put in Mike Williams last night and then decided against it at the last minute.  Hope that does not come back to haunt me.

I got up this morning and thought "Groz missed a chance to practically clinch making the finals"

As a lark, I went back and looked at Manhole's team in this league - the first one eliminated.

I don't think anyone would really want to face this team at this point.  It started slow, and is now absent a TE, but otherwise a bit scary.

Marcus Mariota Ten - QB
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
Adam Thielen Min - WR
Robert Woods LAR - WR
Derrick Henry Ten - RB
Will Dissly Sea - TE
Tarik Cohen Chi - RB
Robbie Gould SF - K
Cincinnati Cin - DEF

Devonta Freeman Atl - RB
Carson Wentz Phi - QB
Cameron Meredith NO - WR
Courtland Sutton Den - WR
Calvin Ridley Atl - WR
T.J. Yeldon Jax - RB

Congrats to Fuentez.   Not even close.  Groz's scrappy bunch limped to the end of the season but ran out of steam in week 16.

As is the custom in this league whenever the totals don't reflect the order of elimination, Groz is officially awarded 25 pity points in week 17 so that the standings will reflect that he finished second.

Thanks for a great season everyone.  I'll be sure to get an earlier start on this next year and shoot for a full complement of 16 teams.

I also plan to rename it "Westeros Terminator League". Survivor is used by the rest of the world for another format and it is too confusing to me.  And I get to think in Ahnold's voice every time someone is eliminated.

• 8 months later...

Archived