Football: Sarri state of affairs

Iskaral Pust

43 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

May try and convince my buddies to spend a night there when we go to the UK.

Er, it’s not close to Manchester or anywhere else particularly touristy. Unless you’re planning on going to Cornwall I suppose.

Milan absolutely dominated Roma that half. Kessie has such an engine on him, quality midfielder. 

De Rossi is past it imo, don’t think he should be starting for Roma anymore. N’Zonzi had a very good half though. 

Donnarumma really needs to get better at playing out the back. 

Roma were poor in that half. Struggled to get any attack going and Dzeko is getting no service at all. Milan also had a few really tight offside calls go against them. Milan back four plus keeper still look very dodgy when trying to play out from the back.

ETA. Donnarumma really struggling with playing out from the back. The anxiety levels are palpable every time the ball is played to him. 

ETA 2. The benefits of VAR come to the fore again. Higuain offside by inches. The FA need to get their heads out of their arses and copy how Serie A uses VAR. 

I was just about to say what a good game N'Zonzi had but then he goes and plays a terrible pass in the 95th minute from which Milan score the winner. Great assist by Higuain. Overall, N'Zonzi did have a good game and was a bit unlucky to have his goal ruled out for handball. Still feel Arsenal should have made a bigger effort to sign him. De Rossi is done at this level. 

ETA. Lyon have signed Dembele from Celtic for €22m.

4 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Er, it’s not close to Manchester or anywhere else particularly touristy. Unless you’re planning on going to Cornwall I suppose.

Plans have changed. It Sounds like they want to do three nights in Manchester, two in London, four open nights, though two will be in Wales and then back to Manchester for the flight. I'm considering staying longer to maybe spend a night in Amsterdam and a few nights in Paris. I mean, if you're already there, why not get the most out of it to save costs on a flight. 

10 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Plans have changed. It Sounds like they want to do three nights in Manchester, two in London, four open nights, though two will be in Wales and then back to Manchester for the flight. I'm considering staying longer to maybe spend a night in Amsterdam and a few nights in Paris. I mean, if you're already there, why not get the most out of it to save costs on a flight. 

I live in Manchester, so if you want any recommendations for anything by all means drop me a message.

Two days ago was the first time i seriously thought that we have a good chance of seeing a new Ballon d'or winner after 10ish years.

Modric winning the best WC player award was not a surprise but him winning the best UEFA player of the year was for me since i thought both Salah and Ronaldo may have deserved that one more if it is supposed to be focused just on the Champions League.

I dont know exactly how many of the voters overlap, how a possible UEFA-FIFA conflict factors in, how the Real Madrid lobbying for voting in these sort of awards affects things and what will be the reaction of the voters to the petty reaction of Ronaldo, his manager and Juventus to Ronaldo not winning the UEFA award.

Overall, it would be nice to see Modric win it.

2 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

For all the talk of how great Milner is, he's been poor in the last few games too. Klopp really needs to learn how to sub off his favourites when they're not playing well. 

yeah midfield was poor today. I really hope to see Fabinho start being included after international break. 

Gomez the lone bright spot today, easy motm.

That's the worst I've seen Liverpool play and win in a long time.

The obvious pluses are that we still score goals, and that we might not have conceded if not for Allison's antics.

Virgil comes through big towards the end, Gomez was great again. Robertson created much of our offensive play.

Klopp waited too long with the subs, but made the right ones, and we didn't really look threatened after Keita and Shaqiri came on. Both did exactly what was needed to shore up the win.

Negatives - we looked tired, slow, sloppy and low on confidence. The midfield looks a bit unbalanced and short of pace without Keita.

The front three haven't fully clicked into gear yet - hopefully that'll come.

Normally criticism of Firmino and Gini is uninformed, but both were poor today. Gini got dispossessed multiple times and Firmino couldn't quite get into the game like he normally does. Looked frustrated throughout. Great that he nicked a goal anyway.

Hopefully this is us winning on bad days rather than an indication of what's to come this season. We need to improve massively and quickly.

Damn you're a really drama queens, aren'T you?

I came here and checked the forum before I checked the actual scores, and the way @Soylent Brown was ranting I assumed Liverpool had lost, or at least barely managed to salvage a draw from their game. Then I checked the scores and was somewhat surprised that Liverpool has actually won the game.

Really, get some perspective. You started into the season with three wins and you complain about your manager being an imbecile and everything being dreadful. I bet our resident United fans would take that dreadful situations in a heartbeat.

Archived