Rhaella Targaryen -> Alicent Hightower?

AlaskanSandman

Curious the boards general thoughts on Rhaella daughter of Aegon and Rhaena, twin of Aerea. 

Last known where abouts was as a ward of House Hightower, protected against Maegor.

Is it possible House Hightower married her into the family and this is where Alicent Hightower comes from? Any kids from her would be of an age with Jaehaerys' children and young enough to to fit the part (Jaehaerys mistook her for Saera). 

But im curious the general thoughts about this and which way every one leans towards this. Would it even matter? Are there crackpot ideas pertaining to this? Dragons? 

23 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Is it possible House Hightower married her into the family and this is where Ceryse Hightower comes from?

I'm confused by this, Cersye Hightower was older than Rhaella and was married to Maegor before Rhaella was born. So how could she come from Rhaella? Is there another Cersye Hightower? Or did you mean something else by "comes from"?

It's possible; Jaehaerys I confused Alicent for his runaway daughter, Saera. You can say that he was just simply senile, but some people have pointed out that maybe the reason why he confused Alicent for Saera was because of Alicent's hair, which may have been platinum-blonde because of Targaryen ancestry.

The Targaryens also seem to have had a habit of marrying daughters away and then marrying said daughters' daughters back into the family (think Aemma Arryn and Jocelyn Baratheon), so it would not really surprise me that maybe Alicent's possible Targaryen ancestry played a major role in her marriage to Viserys and her father's influence in court as well.

Thank you! It would also make sense why the Hightowers seem to oust the Velaryons from court who side with Rhaenyra during the Dance. If they did have Targaryen blood in them, it would certainly explain some things. (dragons riding for one in the children of Aegon II.) 

Archived