U.S. Politics: Death and Tax Cuts

Jace, Extat

18 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Er, are these accurate? Because I can't find anything about either one. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/john-mccain-make-believe-maverick-202004/

This is a long read.  It details McCain's whole life during which he treated a lot of women contemptibly.  However this particular incident (his third wife) is toward the bottom.  Plug 'wife' into the find box and scroll down until you find it. 

A vulgar appellation for Angela Merkel was provided Silvio Berlusconi, though not that one.  I forget who said it, but I don't think it was McCain.  That sounds really British, you know ---

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/872741/Mark-Garnier-International-Trade-Minister-sugar-tits-secretary-sex-toys

P.S.  This stuff is really easy to find, btw, with even basic search capacity.

9 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Trump has said a lot of dumb shit, in person and on twitter, but he never called Merkel "Sugar tits". 

He did say she was a Russian puppet, and did say that she used to be "unbeatable" until her position on refugee immigration

Really, there is enough dumb shit said by Trump out there, and new shit each and every week without having to resort to making it up

I mean, just look at what he's saying about Google, or what he said in private to Evangelical leaders.

The problem is people can make things up and nobody would doubt it at this point.

Leader of the free world......

8 minutes ago, Zorral said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/john-mccain-make-believe-maverick-202004/

This is a long read.  It details McCain's whole life during which he treated a lot of women contemptibly.  However this particular incident (his third wife) is toward the bottom.  Plug 'wife' into the find box and scroll down until you find it. 

This stuff is really easy to find, btw, with even basic search capacity.

The quote in question was attributed to Trump, not McCain.

Also I believe McCain was married twice, not three times, not that it really matters though.

4 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I mean, just look at what he's saying about Google, or what he said in private to Evangelical leaders.

The problem is people can make things up and nobody would doubt it at this point.

Leader of the free world......

The quote in question was attributed to Trump, not McCain.

Also I believe McCain was married twice, not three times, not that it really matters though.

What matters is this Rolling Stone article is one of the deeply in depth, researched, articles that came out during that presidential campaign that details all of McCain career from the academy and on.  It's not a picture of a nice or good man at all, on any front.

The punch in the face remark to his wife was widely reported at the time it happened and roundly condemned, as it should have been.  Yet everyone seems to have conveniently gotten amnesia about this event and so many, many others of McCain's in favor of a stupid idea that there can be political hay to be made from the amnesia and substituting deification -- of a man who never existed in real life, political or personal.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

What matters is this Rolling Stone article is one of the deeply in depth, researched, articles that came out during that presidential campaign that details all of McCain career from the academy and on.  It's not a picture of a nice or good man at all, on any front.

The punch in the face remark to his wife was widely reported at the time it happened and roundly condemned, as it should have been.  Yet everyone seems to have conveniently gotten amnesia about this event and so many, many others of McCain's in favor of a stupid idea that there can be political hay to be made from the amnesia and substituting deification -- of a man who never existed in real life, political or personal.

I’ve read the article before, and anyone who follows politics closely knows McCain is a deeply flawed man. That said, he was being conflated with Trump, which is wrong because whatever you think about McCain, Trump is a thousand times worse. And speaking of the latter:

Methinks someone was none too happy that the WH counsel was talking openly to Mueller.

How can one expect complete and totally loyalty when he himself is loyal to none? Who can trust a man that spends his time sleeping with adult film stars while his wife is at home caring for their newborn son?

51 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I’ve read the article before, and anyone who follows politics closely knows McCain is a deeply flawed man. That said, he was being conflated with Trump, which is wrong because whatever you think about McCain, Trump is a thousand times worse. And speaking of the latter:

Methinks someone was none too happy that the WH counsel was talking openly to Mueller.

How can one expect complete and totally loyalty when he himself is loyal to none? Who can trust a man that spends his time sleeping with adult film stars while his wife is at home caring for their newborn son?

Butbutbutuuuuuuuuuut -- I never stated that McCain made the Merkel remark!

I said that McCain called his wife in public a very nasty word, which he followed up with other nasty remarks, and you said you couldn't find any mention of it -- yet you also say you read the RS article, so color me confused.

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

It seems like it already has touched on his family though. We're starting to learn how they're investigating the Trump Organization and the Trump charity (can't recall the specific name) which at the very least indirectly targets his kids and his personal wealth, and we need to keep in mind that we are always a month or two behind where Mueller is going. Given the increase in Trump's erratic behavior, I would venture to guess that he knows Mueller et al. are getting close to some damning evidence.

You're right to say that Sessions will be gone, but I somewhat doubt Trump will contain himself until after the midterms. If Sessions is fired beforehand, assume the worse when it comes to his kids. 

Mueller isn't going to do anything 6 weeks before the election, per standard DOJ/FBI policy. Either Don Jr gets indicted now - unlikely - or it's going to be much later. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Mueller isn't going to do anything 6 weeks before the election, per standard DOJ/FBI policy. Either Don Jr gets indicted now - unlikely - or it's going to be much later. 

It need not be much later, it could be right after the election. As I understand the policy only accounts for the leadup, not after, despite what Giuliani may claim.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I thought it was 60 days, not 6 weeks. Anyways, my understanding is that they won't make public any information that would damage a candidate. From what I've heard it wouldn't apply to Trump or his kids. 

The argument they make is that damaging the head of the party damages all the candidates who support him. If you drop indictments in their laps weeks before the election, you give Democrats ammunition. Not supporting such an obvious and openly corrupt, vile, racist, autocratic dipshit in the first place is too much to ask of elected officials. 

24 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

The argument they make is that damaging the head of the party damages all the candidates who support him. If you drop indictments in their laps weeks before the election, you give Democrats ammunition. Not supporting such an obvious and openly corrupt, vile, racist, autocratic dipshit in the first place is too much to ask of elected officials. 

I know the argument they're making, but that doesn't make them correct. By that logic you can also claim that hurting anyone's campaign hurts everyone's campaign, and therefore there can be no indictments levied during the 60 days before an election. And if we extrapolate that further, it would also mean no one in general who has a relation ship with a candidate can be indicted during this period. It's idiotic. 

23 hours ago, S John said:

I really think this is one of those claims that has entered urban legend territory.  Maybe a nugget of anecdotal truth, but trumped up over time.  I have been all over the place and never been treated with derision because I was American and that includes during the Bush era and also recently right after Trump got elected.  And aside from one shady situation in Indonesia (one of my own making) I have never claimed to be anything other than American to anyone.  Mainly because I don't want the motherfuckin' Canadians getting credit for all the times that I've been a polite and gracious guest in other countries.  

One of the more interesting takeaways of travelling for me was how good people in other countries usually are about separating people from their government.  I actually don't think Americans are as good at that because it's easy for Americans to only ever be around other Americans.  I have been worried at times that I'd encounter some negativity abroad, but almost everyone I've ever met, everywhere, seemed to have a pretty firm grasp on the fact that, really, we're all just fucking plebes and we don't get to make the rules.  

I know I’m late here, but man this thread moved fast. And I just flew home from TitanMoot in Belfast.

This stuff was happening in the 70s, as the Vietnam War wrapped up, and the stories kept getting recycled to later decades. I kind of suspect it was related to how badly Vietnam vets were treated in the US, and students were worried they’d be badly treated in Europe. My best friend and I spent six weeks in Italy, Slovenia and the south of France in 1975 and we ran into it several times. I clearly remember waiting to switch trains on our way to Venice from Florence when we saw two guys with Canadian flags on their backpacks waiting as well. Yup, Americans who had heard it was the thing to do.

I think that was all gone by the time Reagan was president. And I agree with your comments about people being able to distinguish travelers apart from their governments. But I’ve been to Belfast four times now, and in the past I have met with some outright nastiness which has been explained to me as likely resulting from being mistaken for an American. There are some hard feelings against the US in Northern Ireland. This time around, when I went through duty-free in Toronto I picked up a Canadian flag pin which I wore all the time. The pin was so small I thought I was being silly, but let me tell you, people saw the pin immediately and regularly commented about Canada and asked where I was from, and for the first time I did not have any hostility incidents. The con is in a hotel right by Queen’s University, so maybe it’s just a student/academic thing, I don’t know.

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I know the argument they're making, but that doesn't make them correct. By that logic you can also claim that hurting anyone's campaign hurts everyone's campaign, and therefore there can be no indictments levied during the 60 days before an election. And if we extrapolate that further, it would also mean no one in general who has a relation ship with a candidate can be indicted during this period. It's idiotic. 

What matters “correct”? Republicans get what they want and pish to your laws you filthy bleeding heart antifa islamocommufeminist SJW (insertbuzzwordhere)!

1 minute ago, Morpheus said:

What matters “correct”? Republicans get what they want and pish to your laws you filthy bleeding heart antifa islamocommufeminist SJW (insertbuzzwordhere)!

Bruh, I'm a patriot. That means everything I do is ok. Look at me right now, I'm peeing on the rug while drawing on the wall.....patriotically!!!

5 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Bruh, I'm a patriot. That means everything I do is ok. Look at me right now, I'm peeing on the rug while drawing on the wall.....patriotically!!!

Cuck! Unless that wall is literally made out of Mexican bebes, that drawing is of Jesus giving Donald Trump a thumbs up as he grabs lady justice by the pussy, and that urine is the true red, white and blue, brought on by exposure to real American chemicals in your drinking water and VD from unprotected procreation-allowing sex, speak not to me of patrotism. Why do you hate America?

I have been traveling all my adult life to Europe and South America, the Caribbean and Mexico and never ever run into flak for being from the United States -- except in England and by the English.  This includes being in the few countries in Africa that I've been able to visit.  Since so many of these places the US has done terrible damage.

This remains true even in the age of the orange nazi -- so far anyway.  I cannot get over how kind and understanding the people that encounter me are. They know a whole lot of us are not in favor of what our country does

However, I've never been to the Middle East, which since a child I was crazy to visit, and where we've busy wreaking havoc since at least right before WWI, in the oil boom.  I've never to Central Asia, South East Asia, China, Japan or the Pacific.  So don't know.

34 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

and that urine is the true red, white and blue, brought on by exposure to real American chemicals in your drinking water

You owe me a new computer monitor. This one is covered in vodka.

38 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Cuck! Unless that wall is literally made out of Mexican bebes, that drawing is of Jesus giving Donald Trump a thumbs up as he grabs lady justice by the pussy, and that urine is the true red, white and blue, brought on by exposure to real American chemicals in your drinking water and VD from unprotected procreation-allowing sex, speak not to me of patrotism. Why do you hate America?

Your patriotism levels are so low. Talk to me when you're waving no less than 6,239 flags at the same time. I mean, I even got a flag themed prince Albert and Jacob's ladder to show how much I love my country.  

Archived