Aegon the Conquerer
Aegor Bittersteel
The Young Dragon

To finish the list:
Rogue Prince
Aemond One Eye
Maekar 
Baelor Breakspear

King Bob. He beat the last dragon and the prince that was promised. You don't get better than that 

1 hour ago, Stormking902 said:

Daemon Blackfyre is probably the best with Maekar and Maegor coming in close behind and the Dragon Knight is around 4th. 

One of Baleors last thoughts about his brother was my gods hes strong litterally as half is head was caved in from Maekars mace. 

If the Gods sent down a Valyrian God in human form it would be Maegor, no comparison! 

4 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

King Bob. He beat the last dragon and the prince that was promised. You don't get better than that 

lol hes not even in top 20, add in the blackfryes probably not even top 50

6 hours ago, EloImFizzy said:

I think Daemon Targaryen was pretty good aswell. 

Very underrated! 

2 hours ago, Frey Kings said:

lol hes not even in top 20, add in the blackfryes probably not even top 50

you are wrong and misguided. How many became kings by battle. And how many did it without dragons. Bob fought his way to the throne, without dragons, was only defeated once and kept winning as king. your top 5 did nothing of the sort, so I would argue that your top 5 is meaningless and based on mere platitudes you consumed from the story with no note of deeds to accompany their rank. 

47 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Daemon Blackfyre, followed by Baelor Breakspear, Aemon the Dragonknight, Maekar, Rhaegar, Maegor, and Daemon the Rogue Prince.

Rhaegar? What on earth did he do to get on the list? He won a few tournaments, and got his chest caved in.

2 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

He defeated Barristan Selmy and Arthur Dayne in those tourneys. That surely counts for something.

Sure it counts for something he was good at fighting and I never said he wasn't adequate I just don't think he's great. I remember one real fight that he was in and it ended with his chest caved in.

7 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

He defeated Barristan Selmy and Arthur Dayne in those tourneys. That surely counts for something.

I agree with tptwp timmett, rhaegar, to me, never proved himself a warrior at all.

And as far as defeating barristan and arthur dayne, they were kingsguard, sworn to keep the prince from harm. Why would they risk unhorsing him themselves?

Rhaegar is way overrated. Just my thoughts

King Bob does need to be given massive cred for taking the throne through battle - WITHOUT DRAGONS. I agree with Doran Martell's son. Nobody mentions Bloodraven - I know he is a bastard technically but damn that guy is a boss if you include tactical skill/maneuvering. 

Bloodraven also should be in this list. He and his people killed Daemon I and his two sons; he was Bittersteel's rival, it's definite, that they had a duel for Shiera, at least once, and Bloodraven has won; he was wielder of Dark Sister, and in addition to that was an excellent archer; don't remember whether he participated in tournament at Whitewalls, as Maynard Plumm, but if he did, then he won, didn't he?

Jon Snow is also a Targaryen, and he's a better swordsman than Robb was, and Robb was good - he has won every battle. So Jon is definitely one of the best in that list. Furthermore, if he is Azor Ahai (and in this I'm absolutely 1000% sure), then after he will get Lightbringer, Dawn sword of Daynes, and will become the Sword of the Morning, then he will become the best swordsman, that ever lived. He has blood of all those Targaryen warriors and dragonlords, and blood of Daynes (possible descendants of first Azor Ahai), thru his great great grandmother, Queen Dyanna Dayne, and he has blood of wargs and First Men, thru his mother, so Jon is potentially the greatest warrior of all times, not only among Targaryens, but among all warriors, that ever lived on Planetos. Not yet, but potentially, in the future, he may become the best ever.

Daemon Blackfyre
Maegor the Cruel
Aemon the Dragonknight
Maekar I
Baelor Breakspear
Daemon Targaryen
Brynden Rivers
Bittersteel
Daeron the Young Dragon
Aegon the Conquerer.
Aemond Targaryen

The only one I can't place is Visenya. None of the rest seem to be particularly gifted martially. 

13 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Jon Snow is also a Targaryen, and he's a better swordsman than Robb was, and Robb was good - he has won every battle. So Jon is definitely one of the best in that list. Furthermore, if he is Azor Ahai (and in this I'm absolutely 1000% sure), then after he will get Lightbringer, Dawn sword of Daynes, and will become the Sword of the Morning, then he will become the best swordsman, that ever lived. He has blood of all those Targaryen warriors and dragonlords, and blood of Daynes (possible descendants of first Azor Ahai), thru his great great grandmother, Queen Dyanna Dayne, and he has blood of wargs and First Men, thru his mother, so Jon is potentially the greatest warrior of all times, not only among Targaryens, but among all warriors, that ever lived on Planetos. Not yet, but potentially, in the future, he may become the best ever.

Jon being a Targaryen isn’t confirmed yet so I don’t think he can be included in this list yet. Furthermore he’s what, 17 at this time? He’s good but he needs to reach an older age and fight in a few battles first before he reaches an elitish category in fighting.

35 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Jon being a Targaryen isn’t confirmed yet so I don’t think he can be included in this list yet. Furthermore he’s what, 17 at this time? He’s good but he needs to reach an older age and fight in a few battles first before he reaches an elitish category in fighting.

I agree - perhaps at the end of WOW he can get on the list?

10 hours ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I agree - perhaps at the end of WOW he can get on the list?

If he slays out in battle against Ramsay I’d say he’s reached elite status. I remember somewhere it was said that one Northern was equal to about four Lannisters or some such number. That in meaning Northerns are much more fierce and hardened fighters than Southerns so if he can slay out against the Bolton’s I’d bump him into the top 3.

Archived