NFL 2018 Week 1: From Wentz You Came

Jace, Extat

2 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Against an inept Chargers D that looked like they were scared to catch a ball.  He's good, but I predict the Chiefs will do what they have done the last 5 years or so.... start off hot and then when teams have 6-8 games of film, and a team that found a way to stop that offense, they'll start to fall off hard and won't be able to outscore their mediocre D.

I'll take that action. 

I say the Chiefs win 11 games. 

I don't think Mahoms will only have 2 incompletions every week, but the kid is for realz and Andy Clause is gonna keep the shit rolling.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'll take that action. 

I say the Chiefs win 11 games. 

I don't think Mahoms will only have 2 incompletions every week, but the kid is for realz and Andy Clause is gonna keep the shit rolling.

That's pretty optimistic IMO, I think that's their ceiling.

Brutal loss for the Bears.  They have no one to blame but themselves though.  The Packers weren't particularly great on defense in the second half and if they hadn't been so passive they could have salted it away.  In addition, giving up that last long touchdown in that scenario is inexcusable.  I don't know where all the Bears defenders went, but that kind of catch and run should never happen. 

Pretty crushing to lose that way after such a dominant first half.  The story should have been Mack/Bears smash Rodgers/Packers, but instead it was just another Rodgers victory party.

Oh, and I don't think we've made fun of Nathan Peterman enough yet.  He has to be the worst NFL quarterback to start multiple games in NFL history.  I've seen bad quarterbacks.  The utterly limp John Beck, Curtis "are they tanking on purpose?" Painter, the totally overmatched Jimmy Clausen.  None have managed to put up numbers anywhere approaching Nathan Peterman.  Just for comparison, here's the career numbers of those four guys:

Beck:  qbr 67, 3 td, 7 ints, 157 yards/game

Clausen:  qbr 62, 7 td, 14 ints, 120 yards/game.

Painter:  qbr 57, 6 td, 13 ints, 120 yards/game

But Nathan Peterman blows them all away. 

Peterman:  qbr 25, 2 td, 7 ints, 55 yards/game.

He managed to be so bad that he is 2/2 on failing to finish the game.  Even though the score was hopelessly out of reach, it was obvious that keeping Peterman on the field would threaten coaches jobs, and they had to replace him.  His two games really should be viewed as a single game, since he only played one half in each. 

Now the question of worst quarterback in NFL history has an answer.  It's Nathan Peterman. 

Nathan Peterman is another Chris Conte candidate; if your team has him on their team and starts him, everything about that team is obviously wrong. The coaching, the general staff, the scouts, every single thing. It's a massive indictment that the entire program needs a massive overhaul and nothing good is there. Burn it all down. 

Also, Nathan Peterman is by far the best argument that the NFL colluded to blackball Kaepernick. 

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, Nathan Peterman is by far the best argument that the NFL colluded to blackball Kaepernick. 

I'm not sure I agree.  Nathan Peterman is so bad that there are literally dozens, if not hundreds of guys on the streets who would be better than that.  It's almost an argument that that NFL doesn't actually value merit at all, since it's not just Kaepernick but also scores of unoffensive white guys who can't get a job ahead of this clod. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yup. They should just go into the court room and play Peterman’s game tape and then Kaep’s verses the Packers in the playoffs and rest their case.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Buckner had a good game.

That man was terrifying.

I was actually shocked it was just a one score game. It felt like we thoroughly out played you guys, and yet at the same time your offense blew a few really good chances to score.

I wouldn't be too worried about Jimmy coming back to earth though. Your offensive line game him no time at all. 

Shitty game yesterday. A tie is as bad as a loss against the Browns as far as I'm concerned. Ben has so many awful moments. First two pics were horrendous, and then throws a great pass to AB for the TD. Seemed like we were content in the 4th when we were up 21-7, then paid for it dearly. Boswell gets paid big bucks in the offseason, and with the game on the line, misses the FG. Don't care how bad the weather was - 42 yards is doable. Defense looked OK at times, particularly the D-line and TJ Watt. 

Tough matchups ahead so hopefully yesterday was an anomaly.

39 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

And in an instant, as if they had some unseen collective hive mind, every Browns fan that has ever lived rolled their eyes in unison.  

I don't know.  I look at the Bills right now and think, "Hey, it could be worse."

The Browns just tied a Pittsburgh team that is probably going to be good, and they did it despite awful coaching.  The Bills just got blown the fuck out by a Baltimore team that might very well be terrible.  The Browns at least have some hope for next season when they fire Hue and potentially bring in someone competent.  What hope do the Bills have with that roster and Josh Allen, who can't hit the ocean from a boat?

18 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I was actually shocked it was just a one score game. It felt like we thoroughly out played you guys, and yet at the same time your offense blew a few really good chances to score.

Yeah right before that third pick I turned to my brother and said it's a small miracle they still have a chance considering how bad they played.  All in all feel like things coulda been much worse (including injuries - looks like Goodwin's isn't serious).

Archived