NFL 2018 Week 1: From Wentz You Came

Jace, Extat

52 minutes ago, briantw said:

I don't know.  I look at the Bills right now and think, "Hey, it could be worse."

The Browns just tied a Pittsburgh team that is probably going to be good, and they did it despite awful coaching.  The Bills just got blown the fuck out by a Baltimore team that might very well be terrible.  The Browns at least have some hope for next season when they fire Hue and potentially bring in someone competent.  What hope do the Bills have with that roster and Josh Allen, who can't hit the ocean from a boat?

Oh if you're talking about right now than sure, I totally agree. If I'm a Browns fan, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, the Bills are the worst team in football, they don't have an NFL level QB on their roster and Bills fans are likely going to see Rosen looking good in a few weeks while Allen covers himself in shame. I was just talking bit picture, over the course of the last 30 years or so, though I guess if you just want to count recent history that gap has closed a bit.

54 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah right before that third pick I turned to my brother and said it's a small miracle they still have a chance considering how bad they played.  All in all feel like things coulda been much worse (including injuries - looks like Goodwin's isn't serious).

I'm not sure they were even that bad. I didn't expect them to be as competitive as it was. Your defense looked pretty solid, Jimmy looked fine in moments and your skill position players are better than I expected. The problem was your line. It felt like two of our guys got through on half the passing plays. We could of had several more sacks, but Jimmy is a lot more mobile than I thought. Perhaps you guys will be a legit contender in a few years after you can acquire more pieces. 

I can't believe that last Lions pass in the end zone wasn't reviewed, looked like a int to me.

On the Darnold TD pass, that defender was way to slow to cover him. Replay showed no one else anywhere in the area for the defender to worry about and yet the defender waits until after the ball is airborne to move to the receiver. Still an amazing catch as it should have been picked off.

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

oh hey another wonderful coaching hire from the belichick tree

The Belichick coaching tree needs to be burnt to the ground and the earth needs to be salted so nothing can ever grow there again.

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'm curious if there has ever been a more successful coach who has produced basically no successful coaches than Belichick. Even Pete Carroll has had a better track record. 

It's because Bill's success comes from having sold his soul to the devil, and that doesn't trickle down to the assholes he hires to push papers for him.

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'm curious if there has ever been a more successful coach who has produced basically no successful coaches than Belichick. Even Pete Carroll has had a better track record. 

Saban? Does he count? (not NFL -- for sure)

4 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Shitty game yesterday. A tie is as bad as a loss against the Browns as far as I'm concerned. Ben has so many awful moments. First two pics were horrendous, and then throws a great pass to AB for the TD. Seemed like we were content in the 4th when we were up 21-7, then paid for it dearly. Boswell gets paid big bucks in the offseason, and with the game on the line, misses the FG. Don't care how bad the weather was - 42 yards is doable. Defense looked OK at times, particularly the D-line and TJ Watt. 

Tough matchups ahead so hopefully yesterday was an anomaly.

How are feelings about your boy Bell around town right now?

bet you guys miss the days when you actually had likable stars like Bettis and Polamalu. :P

I saw a Lions last preseason game against Cleveland and remember thinking that this was the worst I had ever seen them look, but it's just preseason right? Apparently not. And this was the "easiest, most likely to win" game out of their first four....

Is there some evil presence in Lake Erie? Something that sucks the talent/brains out of the three teams on/near it? Detroit / Buffalo / Cleveland. Seems like only one of them can have hope at a time and the Lake Erie soul sucker feeds off the other two.

Archived