NFL 2018 Week 1: From Wentz You Came

Jace, Extat

4 hours ago, Fez said:

I hate going game-by-game through the schedule, but I just did. I see 5 games where the Jets will be clear underdogs, probably by a wide margin: the two Patriots games, vs.Packers (assuming Rodgers plays), vs.Vikings, and @Jaguars.

The other 10 though? That's one of the easier schedules in the league. I can pretty easily see an 8-8 season for them from here.

I agree those five are losses. I think you can schedule in two wins against the Bills. That gets you to 3-5. The other eight games though, eh, I wouldn't favor the Jets in any of them, but I also wouldn't write them off in any of them either. 

The Jets could literally go 3-13 to 12-4 (random upset). Guess you're in for a ride lol. just don't raise your expectations if you make it to the playoffs. 

46 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

So it sounds like it was a knee sprain for Rodgers after all.  Still no word on playing this week.  

If you see the two turnover that Kiser had in that very brief period he was in the game they were both remarkable turnovers.  I would say on the average NFL Sunday they might have been the two worst in the whole NFL and might still have been though Jimmy G's last pick and Peterman's high pick were also both so atrocious.  

But seriously, watch this.

As a Packers fan: yes, that was really bad. On the whole, Kizer was really, really bad. Like, worse than Hundley bad. My god, if they play Rodgers next week against the same dominant defense that broke his collarbone while HEALTHY, I’ll be hyperventilating the entire time. Just throw Kizer to the wolves and take the loss, make sure Rodgers is 100% before coming back. Let’s be real, there’s a good chance we lose this matchup regardless of his health.

12 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

So it sounds like it was a knee sprain for Rodgers after all.  Still no word on playing this week.  

If you see the two turnover that Kiser had in that very brief period he was in the game they were both remarkable turnovers.  I would say on the average NFL Sunday they might have been the two worst in the whole NFL and might still have been though Jimmy G's last pick and Peterman's high pick were also both so atrocious.  

But seriously, watch this.

Good lord was that bad.

I'm not sure what they do here, if Rodgers plays they'll have stick to the quick plays that dominated the 2nd half.  Unfortunately, that's where the Vikings D shines.  They have holes deep (especially TE getting free deep), but are pretty dominant off the line in tight man coverage.  If Rogers can't move and let those deeper plays develop, you could see a lot of 3 and outs.

On the other hand if you have Kiser play you are just giving up and taking the loss, because he's.... not good.

14 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Would an officiating crew rule a turnover, just so they can use the review process to make the right call?

This is similar to the logic that it makes more sense to rule a questionable scoring play a touchdown so you automatically review it than to call it the opposite and force a challenge to make sure the call is right.

16 hours ago, briantw said:

I haven't looked, but I automatically assume I'm playing AJ Green in every fantasy league this week.

I faced him in C league and had him in Thunderdome. Thank god the former was also running Baltimore’s D, so it balanced out in the end.  

15 hours ago, briantw said:

This really puts how bad the Bills are in perspective. 

My thoughts exactly. If I was a gambler, I’d bet against them big every game no matter what. Alabama could probably play with them.  

24 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

@Mexal

you see the news about Mixon? We can’t even be happy for one damn day. :bang:

Noooooooooooo. I was considering picking Bernard up last night for nothing.........

But at least I traded one of two Mixons away!!!!!

Sorry WJ! 

Archived